Can we afford Kupp?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Checkmate

Ram HOF'er
Name
Shaun
I hate to look to to far in advance and we still have two years left on his contract. But can we afford to pay three wide receivers big money (eventually Woods will want a raise on the bargain deal we have him for).

Kupp has proven to be very vital to our offense success and we need to keep him but can we with Goff's upcoming contract?

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
Yeah, he'll be a high priority. If any silver lining exist to his injury, his price got knocked down a bit. Can't wait to see him play again. Hope we don't see him in the preseason at all.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Yes. That is all.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Assuming he comes back well from his injury, I'd put him as the top WR on the team. If they decide they can't afford two 2nd contract star WRs, he's not likely to be the one to go in that situation.

Undoubtedly the Rams will have some tough choices to make. I think Kupp - at least pre-injury - is one of the ones they would choose to keep.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Kupp needs to stay healthy before I get too worried about his contract levels. I love the player, like we all do. The talent is worth a long term deal. But, he still has some proving to do.

By 2021, Kupp will be on his new deal and Woods on his final year. By then the Rams will know what they want long term at WR.

I love Woods. So, hoping by then we’ll be talking extension too. What a great problem if so.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Short answer is that we definitely can afford to keep Kupp. Such players are never allowed to walk.

Kupp is a core player for this team. And he is special. And young.

Hell, I love this kid!

Ram65

Legend

Tano

Legend
We win with Kupp in the Super Bowl and either Cooks or Woods injured (not both) with either one replaced by Reynolds.

Yes - Kupp is that important to this team.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Kupp and Goff's chemistry is not something that should be taken for granted. Having someone who just clicks on crucial downs is one in a million compared to Cooks's dime a dozen talent

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
Kupp and Goff's chemistry is not something that should be taken for granted. Having someone who just clicks on crucial downs is one in a million compared to Cooks's dime a dozen talent

I dont think anyone here is taking their chemistry lightly. I actually feel that if former ram and current voodoo doll darian Stewart did t end kupps season, the rams would have likely won the Superbowl, however, although he is high on the resign list, the rams have plenty of time of time to lock him up while more important contracts will need to be done over the next year.

Watch the video I linked above and know that he's not going anywhere.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Can we afford NOT to keep Kupp ?
giphy.gif