Can the St. Louis Rams Make the Playoffs?/NumberFire

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
The Cards will struggle over the last few games after Barron puts Palmer out for the season in our win at the Ed.

The Executioner will strike again. I like it.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Assuming they win Sunday, and I am not assuming that, but if they win, the Viking game is huge. Already a game behind them, a loss and obviously lose a tie breaker and fall another game back.

However win these next two, and they begin to separate and start to look like a favorite for 2nd wildcard. Plus, the Vikes have a tough schedule upcoming and the East will continue to beat themselves up. Plus a win in Minnesota could propel them to win road games in Baltimore and maybe challenge Cincy.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
We control our own destiny. We're only one game behind the deadbirds in the loss column. We already beat them and the next game with them is in the dome. Easiest schedule in years coming up.

Fisher, here's your chance to prove the naysayers wrong about your mediocrity. Your team needs to take care of business the next 4 games. They're all winnable. Go 7-3 and you'll make a believer out of me.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Way the divisional races are shaping up 10 wins as a wildcard may get to the tiebreakers.
11 wins as a wild card gets the job done.
11 wins might win the west.

jap

Legend
I will be tough with this young team still trying to find its offensive identity, However, I would much prefer for us to win one of the two NFC playoff bye positions. Having that extra week off to heal & recharge our batteries and allowing Cigs & Greg to game plan extensively can be huge.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
I will be tough with this young team still trying to find its offensive identity, However, I would much prefer for us to win one of the two NFC playoff bye positions. Having that extra week off to heal & recharge our batteries and allowing Cigs & Greg to game plan extensively can be huge.
The fact that we're all here having this type of dialogue is a positive all byte itself. How many years has it been since we've had a shot to even sniff the playoffs?
No reason we can't win the West this year - we just gotta win one game at a time

jap

Legend
The fact that we're all here having this type of dialogue is a positive all byte itself. How many years has it been since we've had a shot to even sniff the playoffs?
No reason we can't win the West this year - we just gotta win one game at a time

TGII simply is that type of rare back who can galvanize an entire team all by himself. The passing game can feed off his steady running/pounding. The D can get all kinds of rest and stay fresh & aggressive. Even if we get a quick score due to a long TGII jaunt to pay dirt, those kind of TD's provide their own kind of special energy to even a tired defense. Even the special teams will get jealous of all the offensive/defensive fireworks and will be jazzed to contribute their own dynamite into the team mix.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I just said "Dope", man. Calm down a little.

I just thought you meant like, "word, yo" or "I feel you, kid"

Maybe I'm wrong. Text doesn't always convey the message.

DVontel

Rookie
I just thought you meant like, "word, yo" or "I feel you, kid"

Maybe I'm wrong. Text doesn't always convey the message.
The way you interpreted in the latter of the first statement is the right way. You're right.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2015/11/2/9656270/st-louis-rams-san-francisco-49ers-recap-summary

St. Louis Rams Vs. San Francisco 49ers: Perspective As Rams Climb To Winning Record
By 3k@3k_ on Nov 2, 2015

GettyImages-495264858.0.jpg

Dilip Vishwanat/Getty Images

4-3 for the season. 3-0 in the NFC West. 2-0 in the Window of Opportunity. The Rams are doing something right.

The St. Louis Rams now hold a winning record in November for the first time since 2006.

Think about that. It's been nine years since the Rams have actually swam in the waters above .500.

So with the team in new circumstances following yesterday's 27-6 win over the San Francisco 49ers, here's where the Rams stand.

Injuries
Things are looking better. With a worrisome injury report on Friday listing a couple starters as "Questionable," things obviously got better going into the game with the news that the Questionables (which might well be the 30 for 30 name for the 2015 St. Louis Rams) were all active.

Making things better on this front is that the Rams got through Sunday pretty healthy, by all accounts.

The only issue here was CB Trumaine Johnson spelled for a bit on the menage a trois pass breakup in the 2nd quarter. He retuned

Performance Issues
I went over this in the follow-up recap covering the big questions for the Rams moving through this spell, but it's worth repeating here.

The Rams' passing offense isn't just bad. It's horrendous.

The Rams have converted just 2 of their last 21 third down attempts. Wide receivers not named Tavon Austin had 7 targets for two receptions and 10 yards yesterday. Throw in the support they've gotten from the Rams' defense, Todd Gurley and the Rams' opponents' foibles (Cleveland's four fumbles and penalties as well as San Francisco's penalties), and there's an argument to be made that the Rams' passing attack is worse than it looks. Which is already very, very, very, very bad.

Standings
Now things are getting interesting.

At the divisional level, the Rams are now 3-0 and just one game behind the NFC West-leading Arizona Cardinals. We're still just now headed to the 2015 midpoint, so there's still plenty of time left to see things settle in more firmly.

As for the playoff picture, the Rams would miss out on the postseason if the season ended today. At 4-3, they're just behind the final NFC wild card team as of right now, the 5-2 Minnesota Vikings...

Schedule
...which sets up for a very interesting Week 8 battle in Minneapolis.

Having held home field on this two-game win streak. the Rams now hit the road to take on the Vikings who are on a three-game win streak. Following the away game, the Rams will come home to take on the team Minnesota just beat: the Chicago Bears. A two-game road jaunt follows heading to Baltimore and then Cincinnati.

So the Window of Opportunity rolls on with the toughest of the five games, but they've gotten their 2-0 start cancelling any questions of readiness as they get into the November meat of the schedule.

Everything's trending up for the Rams as they get ready for arguably the biggest game of their 2015 season.