Can the Defence pick themselves up and help the Offence?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I would be all for a trade. Tavon Austin for Vonte Davis maybe?? With Quick and Britt Balling out and with cooper and spruce waiting in the wings I would be OK with trading Austin for a stud CB
lol - really? Tavon has the ability to be that spark of mercurial talent that every team wishes for...

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
1. No, Greg Williams has been around a long time, OCs adjusting to him and he adjusting to their adjustments. And he's just the opposite of stubborn, really he's quite creative.
2. Are the offensive lines more physically imposing? I don't think so. If they've committed to any one thing on defense it's the lighter, faster linebackers, one of whom I guess is adjusting to his first season starting as an OLB, and the other starting his first season as a MLB. So when you see one of those guys blocked by a tight end or worse, it's on our secondary to make that tackle now. Hello extra yards.
3. No, well I'm not so sure how many times I'd have Brockers drop into coverage :) But if anything I think they're bleeding worse than ever without his creativity.
4. Same response as 3. I love the creativity.
5. Yes, this is it. They were paper thin to begin with, and the injuries to the line, plus the franchise cornerback? Of course they're hurting.
6. No, I don't really believe in slumps. Rather, I think different teams have different strengths and weaknesses, and that's just the regular ups and downs of football.​

Cool list of questions though. I think you should have made that a poll as I'd be interested in seeing what everyone thinks on the surface if they were forced to choose one reason.

Thanks or answering my list, maybe i should have thrown it in as a poll - can that be done retrospectively? @Prime Time @-X- any another mod can you help??

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
1. No, Greg Williams has been around a long time, OCs adjusting to him and he adjusting to their adjustments. And he's just the opposite of stubborn, really he's quite creative.
2. Are the offensive lines more physically imposing? I don't think so. If they've committed to any one thing on defense it's the lighter, faster linebackers, one of whom I guess is adjusting to his first season starting as an OLB, and the other starting his first season as a MLB. So when you see one of those guys blocked by a tight end or worse, it's on our secondary to make that tackle now. Hello extra yards.
3. No, well I'm not so sure how many times I'd have Brockers drop into coverage :) But if anything I think they're bleeding worse than ever without his creativity.
4. Same response as 3. I love the creativity.
5. Yes, this is it. They were paper thin to begin with, and the injuries to the line, plus the franchise cornerback? Of course they're hurting.
6. No, I don't really believe in slumps. Rather, I think different teams have different strengths and weaknesses, and that's just the regular ups and downs of football.​

Cool list of questions though. I think you should have made that a poll as I'd be interested in seeing what everyone thinks on the surface if they were forced to choose one reason.

Always thought we kept the wrong CB :-(

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
@shaunpinney

You have to start a poll either at the beginning of the thread, before you click 'post reply,' or start a new thread with a poll in it.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
@shaunpinney

You have to start a poll either at the beginning of the thread, before you click 'post reply,' or start a new thread with a poll in it.
Thanks boss, I didn't intend it to be a poll originally, just wanted to get a discussion going as it's something that perplexes me this year, I'll leave it for now ;)

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Thanks boss, I didn't intend it to be a poll originally, just wanted to get a discussion going as it's something that perplexes me this year, I'll leave it for now ;)

You're welcome but I'm no one's boss, just your humble mod and fellow Rams fanatic. :)

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I read some things the pas two years that Tru grades out as a top 10 cornerback in the league. He definitely is good.

Here is a nice stat from profootballfocus...

For the duration of his career, Jenkins’ passer rating allowed is only just shy of 100 (99.5); in the same timeframe, Johnson’s passer rating allowed is 67.1. That mark is better than Josh Norman’s (72.1), Stephon Gilmore’s (84.1), and even Casey Hayward’s (70.2), the stars of the 2012 cornerback class."

Johnson has a career better quarterback rating against better than Josh Norman.
How many pass attempts we all know teams didnt throw on jenkins and most of those completions are short throws where he made the tackle.

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
number 5 is the only thing I agree with. we just don't have players to step in for guys like them. you cant replace Quin, Brockers, Hayes and Tru and expect the same performance just doesn't happen. Simms gets no pressure at all need to see more longacre and with 2 new LB's not plugging the middle on runs its killing us