Can Rams Recapture The NFC West Next Season?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam
In my opinion the NFC West has become the Best & Most Competitive Division in the NFL so winning the that Division won’t be easy! And, to add to the fact that other teams in the Division have all gotten much better it does seem like the Rams will need to improve in some areas (OL, LB, etc) before the start of next season. But, I do have faith in McVay and Snead and think they will get the necessary players to be ready to compete before the start of next season!

IBruce80

Tokyo Ram
Wouldn't want it easy like the Pats have had it.
We earn that divisional title.
Hard fought wins next season against a much-improved 49ers, tough Seahawks, and game Cardinals.
Can't wait: 6-0 in the division...why not?

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
I wonder if Seattle falls back; they seemed to win all of their close games this year and seem older to me.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
I see Seattle back-sliding. Cards and Whiners improving. Rams need OL improvement if the want to stay in the mix.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lol yes.

Right now we're a more talented team than the Niners. Who on the Niners would you take on our team? Kittle, some of their OL and DL - that's about it.

The only drawback I see is potential cap space for improvements - Seattle and SF will have more. But we're superior to both right now in terms of raw talent - SF just had a better season. It happens.

Remember: we're three plays away from winning this division:

Missed GZ FG in Seattle
Goff pick 6 before halftime in SF
Missed DPI call in favor of the Niners in SF

If all of those things happen, all three teams finish 11-5 and we win based on division record

jap

Legend
NFC West/other NFL opponents will quickly learn that the wrath of the Leprechaun is a very real thing to fear.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
So far the changes on the coaching staff have been a plus and I'm anxious to see the new RB an ST Coaches as well. The San Francisco 49ers with that front 7 and keeping their DC in Robert Saleh aren't going away, unless they end up going to the Super Bowl and losing and suffer from a hangover.

Not worried about the Cardinals because I believe McVay will always own Kingsbury and the Rams always seem to play the Seahawks tough, but the 49ers with Shanahan and their defense will be a concern, but I'm hopeful that Goff takes a step forward in 2020.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Lol yes.

Right now we're a more talented team than the Niners. Who on the Niners would you take on our team? Kittle, some of their OL and DL - that's about it.

The only drawback I see is potential cap space for improvements - Seattle and SF will have more. But we're superior to both right now in terms of raw talent - SF just had a better season. It happens.

Missed GZ FG in Seattle

If all of those things happen, all three teams finish 11-5 and we win based on division record

After this season, Higbee/Kittle is damn near a push

FAULK28MVP

UDFA
Name
Randy Pottle
Is to me, pal
And thats fine. But the stats do not back up your claim. I would trade 3 Higbees for 1 Kittle. But thats just me. And I may he somewhat biased because my family and I are Kittle fans and have a personal connection with the guy. My brother specifically becoming good friends with him during their time at Iowa. So take that with a grain of salt. I love Higs, but Id pack his bags for him if it meant getting Kittle. No disrespect towards you or Higs.

DVontel

Rookie
Lol yes.

Missed GZ FG in Seattle

I would take their RBs & LBs as well. Hate to admit it, but Fred Warner is really good. Otherwise, LA wins every other comparison.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
As long as McVay doesn't roll out the same 11 personnel, toothless PA offense we'll be fine. It was brilliant to behold for two seasons, but a little innovation will do wonders because we're still loaded on O.

Our offense was neutered down to 24ppg from 33ppg in '18. That's a LARGE drop off. One TD less/gm...yet we still won 9 games and should have won 10.

I'm really looking forward to next season.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
OL & Front 7 improvements needed, if we are to be a serious for Super Bowl run. Mainly the OL needs to be a top 10 unit

oldnotdead

Legend
The only thing that kept the Rams out of the playoffs was a couple of missed field goals and problems on the o-line. But we saw that the o-line was beginning to shape up by the end of the season. So with a full offseason to continue to develop I see no reason to feel good about that unit going into next season.

What was really encouraging was this o-line looked good for a bunch of new guys in pass protection. They simply need better coaching in their gap blocking technique for the run game. I really do believe we will see them implementing a power gap blocking scheme. Gurley and Henderson are really a good fit for that type of scheme.

Ram77

Rookie
We need to get tougher in the trenches on both lines and also at LB. We are wayy too finesse. Teams are always dictating their style of play against us which is what we did to teams in ‘17 and ‘18. Also need another bellcow #2 back instead of Malcolm Brown. Henderson and Brown get dinged up a lot and Gurley is a max 15-20 touch/game guy now. Good news is we are pretty much set at every other position (QB, WR, TE, CB, S, K, P). We need a couple of bullies on the OLine and Dline and a LB with some speed AND size.