Can lightning strike twice?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
We all remember what happened 15 years ago. Heck, that was one of the do you remember what you were doing when it happened? We moved on from the Tony Banks era and signed Trent Green. We traded for Marshall Faulk. We had Isaac Bruce and drafted Torry Holt. Things were looking great in the preseason. Green was lighting it up. Then, the unthinkable happened and the rest is history. From Dick Vermeil proclaiming with tears, "We will rally around Kurt Warner and play good football" to Kurt Warner hoisting the Lombardi Trophy.

So here we are again. Are we going to rally around Shawn Hill and play good football? Hoisting the Lombardi Trophy might be asking a bit much but can we hoist something before that? A playoff game? A playoff win? Is there a Marshall Faulk waiting? An Isaac Bruce or Torry Holt?

I don't know about all that but I believe Hill will lead us to some good things. I believe this team was never going to put everything on the quarterback's shoulders anyway. We were going to run the ball and hang our hat on the defense no matter who's under center. And this is the most talented team we've had in maybe a decade. So I'm not throwing in the towel. I'm going to rally around Shawn Hill and we will play good football.

A55VA6

Legend
Just imagine if Britt and Quick somehow become the new Isaac and Torry. Tavon the new Az Hakim. Bailey the new Proehl. Life would be great.

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
Agree, this team can play winning football with Hill. He is a step above Clemens, and the team is a step above its talent last year, so put those two together and I still expect the Rams to compete for the playoffs. The sad part is I believe SB was on the verge of a breakout finally and this season was going to be something special, but I will settle for the team slugging it out competing every week.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I do agree SB looked like he was ready to turn in a break out year. There's only a handful of QB's who could make that throw on 3rd and 25. But SB is now that injury prone QB we feared we might have. Its a cold business the NFL. If they feel they can't rely on him they will cut him. Its a shame because Sam Bradford was a good teammate, a team first guy. High character. Doesn't seem fair. But life ain't fair.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
Hill hasnt lpoked as good as Bradford did this preseason so far... I dont know how much hope I have for the playoffs

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
"Written in the stars, a million miles away..."

Now I know we're gonna win the Super Bowl.

allrams

UDFA
This season is far from over if we could win 7 with lemons. We can win more with hill we have a better team this year better receivers and better DC.

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
This season is far from over if we could win 7 with lemons. We can win more with hill we have a better team this year better receivers and better DC.

...and, we don't have the SHOCK of losing Bradford mid-season. We have one more pre-season game to prepare. We also have the knowledge of our team identity - physical ground & pound football - with many players poised for breakout years.

They say that Hill is a game manager? They said the same thing about Warner. It's not a problem, this team can win with a game manager,

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
We all remember what happened 15 years ago. Heck, that was one of the do you remember what you were doing when it happened? We moved on from the Tony Banks era and signed Trent Green. We traded for Marshall Faulk. We had Isaac Bruce and drafted Torry Holt. Things were looking great in the preseason. Green was lighting it up. Then, the unthinkable happened and the rest is history. From Dick Vermeil proclaiming with tears, "We will rally around Kurt Warner and play good football" to Kurt Warner hoisting the Lombardi Trophy.

So here we are again. Are we going to rally around Shawn Hill and play good football? Hoisting the Lombardi Trophy might be asking a bit much but can we hoist something before that? A playoff game? A playoff win? Is there a Marshall Faulk waiting? An Isaac Bruce or Torry Holt?

I don't know about all that but I believe Hill will lead us to some good things. I believe this team was never going to put everything on the quarterback's shoulders anyway. We were going to run the ball and hang our hat on the defense no matter who's under center. And this is the most talented team we've had in maybe a decade. So I'm not throwing in the towel. I'm going to rally around Shawn Hill and we will play good football.

Snackers, only you could be this optimistic and thank you. You have me pumper for the first game of the season. Hell, you have me pumped for this Thursday's preseason game vs Miami. :cool: I doubt there is a Marshall Faulk in the waiting, but with our stable of young backs we should fare very well. We have 2 in Stacy and Cunningham which can pound it out, and possibly 2 in Watts and Mason that could be good COP backs.

We also have 2 WR's in Britt and Quick who can go up and get the ball even when covered. Hell, even when doubled covered. Add into the mix a Bailey when we get him back, possibly a rejuvenated Givens (?), and Austin who can even be used out of the backfield, and we have many weapons for Hill to utilize.

Not to mention our TE's in Cook, Kendricks, Harkey, and hopefully Bayer(?). We just have to keep everyone healthy, most so our OL. Myself, I'm for keeping Davis as 2nd string QB on active roster, and putting Gilbert on PS. I don't think anyone will claim Gilbert and we could use roster spots for depth in other areas. We'll see though, as they my sign a vet QB to also come in.

Defense, I just worry about depth at LB and secondary. Health is a key here too. I think with Gaines and etc, someone will step up and play decent until Tru can get back.

That said, I don't remember DV crying when he said that. I thought he was passionate and pretty damn confident. I could be wrong though, as that was a long time ago.