Camp Sunday

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jimitroutboy

@jimiramsboy
Name
Jim Fadler
Camp today:

Fisher stood off to the side and just observed early and then when they went to 7 on 7 he moved to the line and watched the secondary and receivers. I saw him talking to Sam after every turn at QB. He spent a lot of time talking to the coaches and really never did a lot of one on one coaching. Shotty ran most of the offensive drills.

The first difference I noticed was their warm ups was two-three times as much stretching as before. The offensive line was separate early on and the QB's and receivers warmed up away from the rest of the squad. They did a lot of leg work while the rest of the team was warming up.

Fisher had long sleeved shirt on and waved to the crowd at one point when fans started chanting his name.

Snead came onto the field later and a bunch of fans yelled thank you at him and got a smile and a wave of the hat.

It was shorts and helmets although Finnegan and Laurinaitis had on their game pants for some ungodly reason in the heat.

Bradford was really sharp in the 7 on 7 and 11 on 11 drills. Nothing very long but lots of slants, outs and a long session on screens.

DX didn't dress out and I thought I saw Wells at one point but he never appeared in uniform.

Watkins ran by himself on the far side of the field and looked noticeably out of breath at points.

I liked what I saw of Quick and he ran a really nice dig route from Sam and several other good catches. But after taking about two strides he tends to straighten up and is way too big of a target to get away with that. He needs to stay low or they are going to jam him to death.

I watched Steve Smith more than any other WR because I am so skeptical about him....he looked great and without contact very healthy...no knee brace.

Robert Turner a 4th year man was at center without Wells.

Ojinnak was at left guard.

They ran a ton of special teams drills early..more than what was customary. They ran a lengthy drill with cones and it was all about staying in lanes and not breaking containment. They also did a punt drill with two buys inside and the gunners outside that was full speed. It was all about not leaving your lane and they ran it over and over for about 20 minutes.

I didn't get to see much of Hekker but Zuerlein oh my goodness.....most kickers tend to kick low when going for distance but not him. The ball gets way up quickly and stays up....the tower guy had to be jittery.

Finnegan moves to the slot in nickel formations and either Fletcher or Johnson or Jenkins covers the two outside guys.

When they went to 11 on 11 was the first time you could get a good look at Langford and Brockers. Langford's chest enters the room before the rest of him. His chest is to chests as Jeff Zgonina's calves were to calves.

Brockers hurt an ankle and was treated but finished off the post practice stretching and walked off without a limp.

Fletcher appeared to be okay and had no noticeable limp and played without a brace.

I would say that Austin Davis looked better than Brandstater by a mile. Brandstater is tall but very slight....more slight than Bulger.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
How did Trumaine Johnson look to you in terms of fluidity, backpedaling, change of direction and whatnot. Is he as stiff as people say he is?

jimitroutboy

@jimiramsboy
Name
Jim Fadler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Didn't see enough of him to render an opinion. During the passing drills I was watching either Jenkins or Fletcher for the most part. I will make a point tomorrow and Tuesday to watch him. He looks more compact than advertised though and isn't gangly. A lot of the sizes aren't anywhere close to the officially published figures.

No way Zuerlein is 6:00 or even close to it.

Langford tops out over 300 easily and not 295.

Rok Watkins is pushing 350 or even 360 and not 338.

Matt Daniels doesn't look anywhere close to 211 and may be barely 200....light for a safety.

Pead isn't 5:10 but his style of running and speed allows him to get in behind the blockers and hide just like Gore does and I don't think a lot will get kill shots on him.

I left out undrafted WR Nick Johnson from this and he really popped today among all the undrafted free agents.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Cool, thanks Jim. I was wondering about Nick Johnson too.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
"More slight than Bulger" ???

Is that humanly possible? :sly:

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Nice report, mucho appreciated.