CAMP REPORT Camp Reports Day 10; Tues, Aug 10

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
Wow Hendu already breaking down again?

Hendu breaking down again?

If Darrell Henderson is not a 100% full go in week 1 or keeps getting nicked up during the 2021 regular season, there is going to be a lot of controversy on this board.

I'm not going to repost my concerns about the Rams unproven RB depth. I've already been mocked enough about it.

McVay and company better not hold their hat on Hendu and the rest of their unproven RB depth.

This might be the wakeup call they needed to trade for or sign a free agent RB sooner than they wanted to.

Don't be content and think you can wait until after the 2nd or 3rd preseason game to add another RB.

I know it's only a hand injury but....

DS-Dont-wait.jpg

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame

If Darrell Henderson is not a 100% full go in week 1 or keeps getting nicked up during the 2021 regular season, there is going to be a lot of controversy on this board.

I'm not going to repost my concerns about the Rams unproven RB depth. I've already been mocked enough about it.

McVay and company better not hold their hat on Hendu and the rest of their unproven RB depth.

This might be the wakeup call they needed to trade for or sign a free agent RB sooner than they wanted to.

Don't be content and think you can wait until after the 2nd or 3rd preseason game to add another RB.

DS-Dont-wait.jpg
It's camp he tweked his finger and the returned to the field. Overreact much? Did you give this big presentation when Stafford hurt his thumb????????????
If you had your had on the nuke button, we would all be dead.

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
Here for those of you with the dreaded Panic attack at every every turn of event no matter how minor.
Hopfully this will relieve some of the symptoms.

1628645248107.png

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
It's camp he tweked his finger and the returned to the field. Overreact much? Did you give this big presentation when Stafford hurt his thumb????????????
If you had your had on the nuke button, we would all be dead.

Chill @CoachAllred

I simply have been concerned with the Rams RB depth since the day Akers was lost for the season.

Am I not allowed to give my opinion on this Rams forum?

I gave my 2 cents and concerns with the RB depth.

I never hit the nuke button so please don't put words in my mouth my Rams brother.

I waited until Stafford's thumb injury was verified and I'm not on record for hitting the nuke button with his thumb contusion.

Know my history before you pop off.

nuke-button.png

Last edited:

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame

You got me Psycho LOL.

Thanks for your humor.

So many defensive fans out there if you post one tiny concern prior to the new season.

You have always been one of the great long time posters on this board long before I joined. :clinkingbeer:

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Nick Scott being down hurts. Also, not surprised by Hendo getting dinged up. This has always been my worry with him.

jjab360

Legend

DS-Dont-wait.jpg
You have to chill lol. RB is pretty much the easiest position for players with no NFL experience to come in and make an instant impact. It's also the easiest to plug and play veterans fresh off the couch for Sunday's.

I'm excited to see what Funk and Jones can bring to the table and would be upset if they brought in some retread who has no future with this team to take away their PT. The fact that the coaching staff isn't panicking should say all it needs to about the situation.

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
CAMP REPORT AUG 10. Last day for fans.

I'll tell you all right now you will be disappointed with this report. Why you ask? Because I don't have one! @bubbaramfan and myself both expressed that we were getting a little burned out at camp. So we enjoyed three beers each, sat down with some old time Rams fans and enjoyed the conversation watched to practice like it was a game.

These two guys we sat next to, John and Gil, both attended the 1980 Superbowl in Pasadena when we played the Steelers. They told us tickets cost $35 then and there were more Steeler fans than Rams fan!

So I did take some pictures today. Two to be exact. Here's one for you folks who are enjoying the center controversy:
DSC_2739.JPG

This next one is for @Merlin . I guess he likes 'em kind of thick;
DSC_2741.JPG

So it was an enjoyable day for Bubba and I. I know he will be doing a camp report. He really got that voice recorder thing down and it has helped him tremendously with his write ups. Cheers to you, @bubbaramfan . My Ram brother!

So with that I'll sign off until next year! Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to present our Rams to the ROD membership. It was a labor of love.

VRF

Psycho_X

Legend
CAMP REPORT AUG 10. Last day for fans.

I'll tell you all right now you will be disappointed with this report. Why you ask? Because I don't have one! @bubbaramfan and myself both expressed that we were getting a little burned out at camp. So we enjoyed three beers each, sat down with some old time Rams fans and enjoyed the conversation watched to practice like it was a game.

These two guys we sat next to, John and Gil, both attended the 1980 Superbowl in Pasadena when we played the Steelers. They told us tickets cost $35 then and there were more Steeler fans than Rams fan!

So I did take some pictures today. Two to be exact. Here's one for you folks who are enjoying the center controversy:View attachment 47143

This next one is for @Merlin . I guess he likes 'em kind of thick;
View attachment 47145

So it was an enjoyable day for Bubba and I. I know he will be doing a camp report. He really got that voice recorder thing down and it has helped him tremendously with his write ups. Cheers to you, @bubbaramfan . My Ram brother!

So with that I'll sign off until next year! Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to present our Rams to the ROD membership. It was a labor of love.

VRF
Both those pics are thicc... I think I used that terminology right. I'm not hip anymore so who knows. Either way thanks for the camp reports this year.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
You have to chill lol. RB is pretty much the easiest position for players with no NFL experience to come in and make an instant impact. It's also the easiest to plug and play veterans fresh off the couch for Sunday's.

I'm excited to see what Funk and Jones can bring to the table and would be upset if they brought in some retread who has no future with this team to take away their PT. The fact that the coaching staff isn't panicking should say all it needs to about the situation.

I am chill @jjab360

I'm also excited to see Funk and Jones.

Just a tad worried about Funk's left knee ACL injuries.

Jones has good college highlights (excellent one cut and go runner) and I'm rooting for him.

I realize the coaching staff has a better feel for the RB's than I do.

I'm allowed to express my concerns and not believe everything is peaches and cream even though the Rams brass has a handle on things beyond my armchair position.

I don't have a history on this board of panicking or freaking out about every position group with question marks prior or during the regular season.

I do have a history of deferring to McVay and his staff but there are times when I will share my concerns and if it rubs ROD members the wrong way, I'm okay with it.

I will continue to post my concerns because that's what sports forums are for. Expressing your opinions even if you are in the minority.

If we all agreed on everything, these forums would have much less activity and nothing to debate.

Go 2021 Rams!

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Day 10 and last day fans can watch the Rams practice. Got there early and just a few players out on the field.

OL Merideth and Pircher out working with Carburry. Merideth getting coached up on snapping the ball. Another guy added to the C mix? Pircher working on hand placement.

Same guys working the punt machine. Landon Akers, Heaydel, Calias, Anderson, Funk. No TuTu.

No Whit, Lewis.

Stretching and warmups, then we have a new drill. DB's S, RB's. 2 guys lined up 4 yds apart, one goes out 10yds, the other goes 2 seconds after and then the first one tries to keep the second from getting by him. Lots of contact, sometimes going to the ground. I thought someone was going to get hurt. tThis is the drill Scott got hurt. the "jam' em up" drill.

Next drill was QB's taking snap then handing off to WR coming from end getting handoff for jet sweep. D Jax and TuTu are fast. Calias is smooth and fluid.

Some red zone drill . Jones gets a pick 6

Some OL notes. Max Pircher got in snaps with 2nd team at LT. aleric jackson at LT. Shelton at C (got his ass pancaked by SJD). Corbett got snaps with ones. Notemoob in for Whit. Allen snaps with ones. Kolone snaps again with twos.

Have to confess we got to talking and we kinda quit paying attention for a while. Most notable already been posted.

All in al a vey good camp and a lot of fun for us fans. I really liked making up and posting reports and I appreciate all the "likes, thumbs up's and thread winners" you all gave me.

I've been to all the TC's since the Rams returned from St. Louis and this one has me the most optimistic for a Rams SB. This team is deep. WR, DL, Backfield is rich with talent. Anyway,"Go Rams!"

Hopefully I'll still be here for next years TC.