Camp Report Sunday, 7/27/14

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamGal

UDFA
Hello All,

Here's your camp report for today.

Great weather and another nice crowd today. I'd say in the 1500 range, but that's just by eyeballing it.

Kurt Warner in the house, broadcasting live from training camp. I was by the NFL tent all night, which was by the near end zone, next to the building. Kurt is still the same...very businesslike, but friendly. A number of Rams staff were coming by to shake his hand, and say hello. Kurt also spent a LOT of time with Les Snead. No Brenda Warner in sight today.

Kevin Demoff was also at practice. He looks like he's aged to me...this was even from two years ago, which was the last time I met him in person.

Lots of media on hand, many of the STL boys, MKilcoyne, SSevard, Balzer, TSoftli, RKarraker. Didn't see JThomas though.

No TJOhnson, or either of the Longs on the field today.

The team did a lot of short yardage and goal line work today. Again, the defense is still ahead of the offense.

Sam moving around well again, hit on some throws and missed on others. He's still rusty in my opinion. He stared down the receiver a few times too. The crowd where I was called him out on it.

KBritt made several nice catches today...and let everybody know about it. This guy jabbers, jabbers, jabbers. He has the same amount of energy as THolt, but in a more "kiss my ass" way.

BQuick made a NICE grab in the end zone for a TD. The crowd acted like he'd just scored the winning TD against Seattle. Lots of applause and hoots for Quick.

Several different formations on O today. Saw sets with KBritt, and BQuick lined with up with two tight ends - Cook and Kendricks. Saw the empty backfield too, with Stacy on the opposite side of Britt/Quick.

When you see Britt, Quick, and Cook on the field together, this offense looks really BIG. Cook and Kendricks are the 1 and 2 TES. Others are rotated in. The kid Justice Cunningham got a number of opportunities today.

They ran a number of plays with TAustin out of the backfield.

GGilbert gets a significant amount of reps, more than Hill or Davis. They have a plan for this kid.

GRobinson played LT and guard. He got a few false starts, once at the goal line, the crowd let him know it.

Saffold also played LT today.

I don't know what TJMoe is doing on this team, because he certainly isn't practicing. He stands on the sidelines with his helmet off, and his hair flowing in the wind.

JDunbar had a number of reps today, playing with JL and AO. No way he gets cut from the team. He made two very nice plays in short yardage, one break-up of a TD pass. He talks to JL all of the time and to his other teammates. Nobody has shunned him at all.

MSam still getting work with the backups and on special teams. He's got his mind on football and making the team. There is no distraction from him, or because of him, and he appears to be accepted. I saw him talking to his teammates on the sidelines.

GWilliams continues to be vocal on the field. Today, he was shouting: "Hurry up, hurry up." "Faster, Faster!" "The play is over, get back into the huddle!"

The special teams are solid. JH and GZ are both still booming the ball. The punter returners are: 1- TAustin and 2-IPead. I would be surprised to see Pead cut. He plays on special teams and got a number of opportunities at rb.

If this team isn't there yet, it's VERY close.

That's all off the top of my head, folks. If I think of something else I'll post it. I'll try and add photos tonight. I'm going to FanFest on Aug 2. and will report again after practice.

Last edited:

PolarBear

Rookie
Thanks for the report. Hammer also posted a report on RamsTalk today, but I heard not to post a link there.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Great report! Always happy to hear ROD has several sets of eyes and ears out there! :cheers:

RamGal

UDFA
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I've thought of something else: I don't know about JJenkins. This guy has lost something in my book, but I don't know what. He's serious enough, always watching, watching, watching the play on the field, even with the back-ups. But, he just get beat too much. Maybe they move TJohnson over to the #1, and JJ to the #2?

Also, I read a Twitter comment saying Bradford drew CLong offsides with a hard count. I didn't see CLong today, however they were practicing at the other end of the field at one point -- so Long might have been there.

TGZ

Rookie
Name
Dylan
Great report RamGal!

Thoughts on the safeties McDonald and Alexander?

PhxRam

Hello All,

Great weather and another nice crowd today. I'd say in the 1500 range, but that's just by eyeballing it.

Kurt Warner in the house, broadcasting live from training camp. I was by the NFL tent all night, which was by the near end zone, next to the building. Kurt is still the same...very businesslike, but friendly. A number of Rams staff were coming by to shake his hand, and say hello. Kurt also spent a LOT of time with Les Snead. No Brenda Warner in sight today.

Kevin Demoff was also at practice. He looks like he's aged to me...this was even from two years ago, which was the last time I met him in person.

Lots of media on hand, many of the STL boys, MKilcoyne, SSevard, Balzer, TSoftli, RKarraker. Didn't see JThomas though.

The team did a lot of short yardage and goal line work today. Again, the defense is still ahead of the offense.

Sam moving around well again, hit on some throws and missed on others. He's still rusty in my opinion. He stared down the receiver a few times too. The crowd where I was called him out on it.

KBritt made several nice catches today...and let everybody know about it. This guy jabbers, jabbers, jabbers. He has the same amount of energy as THolt, but in a more "kiss my ass" way.

BQuick made a NICE grab in the end zone for a TD. The crowd acted like he'd just scored the winning TD against Seattle. Lots of applause and hoots for Quick.

Several different formations on O today. Saw sets with KBritt, and BQuick lined with up with two tight ends - Cook and Kendricks. Saw the empty backfield too, with Stacy on the opposite side of Britt/Quick.

When you see Britt, Quick, and Cook on the field together, this offense looks really BIG. Cook and Kendricks are the 1 and 2 TES. Others are rotated in. The kid Justice Cunningham got a number of opportunities today.

GGilbert gets a significant amount of reps, more than Hill or Davis. They have a plan for this kid.

GRobinson played LT and guard. He got a few false starts, once at the goal line, the crowd let him know it.

I don't know what TJMoe is doing on this team, because he certainly isn't practicing. He stands on the sidelines with his helmet off, and his hair flowing in the wind.

JDunbar had a number of reps today, playing with JL and AO. No way he gets cut from the team. He made two very nice plays in short yardage, one break-up of a TD pass. He talks to JL all of the time and to his other teammates. Nobody has shunned him at all.

MSam still getting work with the backups and on special teams. He's got his mind on football and making the team. There is no distraction from him, or because of him, and he appears to be accepted. I saw him talking to his teammates on the sidelines.

GWilliams continues to be vocal on the field. Today, he was shouting: "Hurry up, hurry up." "Faster, Faster!" "The play is over, get back into the huddle!"

The special teams are solid. JH and GZ are both still booming the ball. The punter returners are: 1- TAustin and 2-IPead. I would be surprised to see Pead cut. He plays on special teams and got a number of opportunities at rb.

That's all off the top of my head, folks. If I think of something else I'll post it. I'll try and add photos tonight. I'm going to FanFest on Aug 2. and will report again after practice.

Nice read RamGal.. Thanks for your report

RamGal

UDFA
Great report RamGal!

Thoughts on the safeties McDonald and Alexander?

McDonald had a strong practice today. I don't remember anything special about Alexander, but I'm still trying to learn all of the numbers for the new guys.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Thanks for the report.

I like the "big" line up.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Thank you, RamGal!! Love reading about the intensity Britt is bring to the passing game. Our receivers were overwhelmed in dealing with the our rivals last year. I strongly feel they will know how to handle themselves in the hostile environments the Seattlr and SF present.

RamGal

UDFA
I've thought of something else: I don't know about JJenkins. This guy has lost something in my book, but I don't know what. He's serious enough, always watching, watching, watching the play on the field, even with the back-ups. But, he just gets beat too much. Maybe they move TJohnson over to the #1, and JJ to the #2?

Also, I read a Twitter comment saying Bradford drew CLong offsides with a hard count. I didn't see CLong today, however they were practicing at the other end of the field at one point -- so Long might have been there.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Hello All,

RamGal... can you wait for Richard Sherman and Britt to line up across from each other? I can't. Hopefully Britt just jaws but keeps a cool head and crushes Sherman's confidence.

Thanks for the reports! What a contributor you've been!

I can't get my daughter to go back because her mom keeps taking her SHOPPING, but maybe tomorrow. Is yours coming?

RamGal

UDFA
RamGal... can you wait for Richard Sherman and Britt to line up across from each other? I can't. Hopefully Britt just jaws but keeps a cool head and crushes Sherman's confidence.

Thanks for the reports! What a contributor you've been!

I can't get my daughter to go back because her mom keeps taking her SHOPPING, but maybe tomorrow. Is yours coming?

Thank you for your kind words and positive feedback. The Britt/Sherman match-up WILL be interesting...to say the least! Remember the old days of Bruce/Holt against the Seahawks dbacks? Those were fun times too. My son and I will be at FanFest on Aug. 2.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Thank you for your kind words and positive feedback. The Britt/Sherman match-up WILL be interesting...to say the least! Remember the old days of Bruce/Holt against the Seahawks dbacks? Those were fun times too. My son and I will be at FanFest on Aug. 2.

Ah, too bad. We are leaving for NY. Can't do FanFest. I'm hoping she'll go tomorrow. First day of pads I think.

RamGal

UDFA
Ah, too bad. We are leaving for NY. Can't do FanFest. I'm hoping she'll go tomorrow. First day of pads I think.

I'll write a report for you. I noticed the change in your Avatar too. ;)

RamzFanz

Damnit
I'll write a report for you. I noticed the change in your Avatar too. ;)

Everyone complains when I change the avatar so I've decided that will be my "Rams Win" Avatar. Otherwise, it's Cookie in a Cookie Monster outfit.