CAMP REPORT Camp Report: Day 2

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
#27 Henderson fielding punts with others.

He looks fluid and ready to go right now.

Awesome. Been some discussion round these parts on that, great to see that the staff thinks he can do it. Sure would be nice to have explosive returns like we had during GSoT.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
*waits for Bubba to fire up the typewriter...

upload_2019-7-28_19-44-44.jpeg

Mister Sin

Formally Known as Juggs
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Sin
If I hit refresh one more time to nothing new, I’m throwing my phone!

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
Brother, that thing is a collectors item. I think I saw some guy trying to get one of those bad boys appraised on Antiques Roadshow. :p

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
McVay to Speak to Rams Fans Following Practice
POSTED BY CONTRIBUTING EDITOR ON JULY 28, 2019 IN OC | 57 VIEWS | LEAVE A RESPONSE
Share this article:

Los Angeles Rams coach Sean McVay is scheduled to speak to fans following Sunday’s training camp practice at UC Irvine, which will be Vamos Rams Day, celebrating the Latino culture of the Los Angeles region.

There will be performances by the Peruvian-inspired band La Chamba and Rams cheerleaders. Fans will receive a Rams knit scarf giveaway while supplies last. Quarterbacks and tight ends will sign autographs after practice.

The practice will begin at 4 p.m. with gates to the field opening at 2:30 p.m.

A fan activation zone will open two hours before each practice open to the public. It will include a stage with entertainment, cheerleader performances, interviews, opportunities to take pictures and get autographs from former Ram players.

The NFC Championship Trophy will be on display.

There will be a virtual reality showing of the new stadium in Inglewood the Rams are set to begin play at in 2020.

A Kid’s Zone will feature inflatables, a vertical jump station, plinko, face painting, balloon animals and a 50-yard football field.

Fans seeking to attend the practice and receive giveaways must register for free tickets at therams.com/training camp or on the Rams mobile app.

The Rams conducted their first practice of their 2019 training camp Saturday with “a lot of great fan support” and “a great atmosphere,” McVay said.

“It was really good just to get our whole team out there,” McVay said. “It’s getting guys like (running back) Todd (Gurley II), (receiver) Cooper (Kupp) out there. (Defensive tackle) Aaron (Donald) looked great, great to see him and have him out here for the first day of camp.

“Until you go back and look at the film, it’s always hard to say, but it seemed like there was a lot of good energy, a lot of good communication and a lot of things that we can clean up as well.”

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
So you guys at Camp, are you drinking a Guinness Stout or a Bud Light? Guinness is flowing in Kansas...:sneaky:
We didn't touch anything but water.

I think hell froze over after that.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It took a six pack of Blue Moon Belgian White for me to get my report up:cheers: but i got er done.

Zow! but I'm into this year TC! Looking forward to tomorrows practice.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Have had it 4 fifteen years RamBall and just this last week figured out how to work everything. Set the alarm clock to wake me up from my nap!

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just wanted to say THANKS to the reporters. Love reading your posts!!

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
4 takeaways from Day 2 of Rams training camp: Gurley sits as planned
usatsi_11976643.jpg

By: Cameron DaSilva | 13 hours ago

The second of seven training camp practices is in the books for the Los Angeles Rams, wrapping up Day 2 on Sunday. Players still practiced without pads, but that doesn’t make it any less meaningful than padded sessions.

Here are four takeaways from Sunday’s session at UC Irvine.

Todd Gurley will be monitored closely
After practicing on Saturday, Gurley got the day off Sunday. He didn’t participate in any drills or team sessions but he was out on the field without a helmet. There’s nothing to be alarmed about, as this was the plan all along for the Rams.

Sean McVay made it clear that Gurley will get days off here and there to manage his workload and keep him fresh. It’s somewhat surprising to see his off day come so early in camp, but it’s clear the Rams have a plan for him.

And in Gurley’s mind, “it’s a good plan.”

Darrell Henderson is going to have a big impact
With Gurley sitting out, Henderson got more work than he did on the first day of practice. He appears to be the No. 2 back right now, though John Kelly also got first-team reps on Saturday and Sunday, too.

The Rams have been rotating their running backs in the first two practices, giving multiple players the chance to work with the starters. Henderson, however, has the greatest potential of anyone not named Gurley, and given how highly coaches have talked of him, he should have a significant impact right out of the gates as a rookie.

Things got chippy on Day 2
The pads haven’t come on yet, but things got a little heated on the field Sunday. According to Vincent Bonsignore of The Athletic, McVay stopped practice at one point and huddled the entire team together. It was likely to settle things down and give everyone a chance to regain their composure before the next rep.

McVay stopped practice a second time after Jared Goff was knocked to the ground, which should never happen in training camp.

Cornerbacks had a solid day
Expectations are high for the Rams secondary this season, particularly with the arrival of Eric Weddle. It’s still very early in the process, but between the first two days of training camp and spring’s organized team activities, the secondary is looking good.

On Sunday, Aqib Talib had a nice breakup in coverage against Brandin Cooks.
It sounds like Marcus Peters also had a nice day in coverage, breaking up a few passes.

If Talib and Peters can both stay healthy for all 16 games and meet expectations, the Rams defense is going to be dangerous.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If he’s really good, we need to stash him somewhere and let Bortles go start somewhere else next year!

i believe the rams signed bortles so they could trade him during the season when another team gets desperate. they will put him on show during preseason and wait for the calls when injury hits.