Camp Report - 8/6/13

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
X said:
When Pettis was beating Finnegan (excellent), was that working out of the slot or on the outside?

Pettis is usually working on the outside. That can change if they motion Cook outside. Again trying to create mismatches. When that happens pettis or givens may end up inside. But not necessarily in a true "slot" position. If that makes any sense.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
CoachO said:
X said:
When Pettis was beating Finnegan (excellent), was that working out of the slot or on the outside?

Pettis is usually working on the outside. That can change if they motion Cook outside. Again trying to create mismatches. When that happens pettis or givens may end up inside. But not necessarily in a true "slot" position. If that makes any sense.
Yeah. I understand. I was just wondering if Finnegan is having trouble defending Pettis as a slot receiver or as a wideout. The difference being, I guess, that Finnegan is often on the inside in nickel packages with Trumaine working the perimeter, so I was wondering if Pettis is just that much more elusive this year (in the slot), or if Finnegan is just getting beat over the top (flanker).

CoachO

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
X said:
CoachO said:
X said:

Yeah. I understand. I was just wondering if Finnegan is having trouble defending Pettis as a slot receiver or as a wideout. The difference being, I guess, that Finnegan is often on the inside in nickel packages with Trumaine working the perimeter, so I was wondering if Pettis is just that much more elusive this year (in the slot), or if Finnegan is just getting beat over the top (flanker).

What I would say is don't read a whole lot into anything that happened yesterday in terms of coverage. It was fairly obvious to me and a few others who I was with yesterday that the defense was only providing "token" defense while the offense worked on timing and running some new routes.

Virtually no pass rush most of the day. It was more a "walk thru" at full speed.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
CoachO said:
Sum1BTRthnU said:
CoachO...where do you usually sit?

I've been out there to practice a few times...

Usually sitting near the "DJ tent" around the 30 yrd line or so. Sitting in a lawn chair with my binoculars and notebook in tow. Lol

If I make it out there again I will keep an eye for ya...