Cam Newton injured in car wreck

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Alan

Legend
-X- with his tale of woe:
freakin' red-light runners. One of those jagoffs put me out of commission for a year.
Killed one of my ex-wives. He was drunk too so he was a double you know what. I'd still be married to her now if not for that. And have a lot more money and STUFF.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Killed one of my ex-wives. He was drunk too so he was a double you know what. I'd still be married to her now if not for that. And have a lot more money and STUFF.
Sorry, to hear that.

Alan

Legend
DR RAM with condolences:
Sorry, to hear that.
Thanks. Long time ago though. The one I have now is not only a keeper, she also gave me my only daughter. :banana:

Last edited:

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12004613/cam-newton-carolina-panthers-involved-car-accident

Cam Newton injured in car crash
Updated: December 9, 2014, 2:50 PM ET
ESPN.com news services

Newton Hospitalized After Two-Car Accident
ESPN Panthers reporter David Newton reports from Carolinas Medical Center, where Cam Newton was taken to undergo testing after Newton was involved in a two-car accident.
Tags: NFL, Cam Newton, Carolina Panthers
NEXT VIDEO
video2.png

Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton is in "fair condition" following a two-car accident Tuesday afternoon near the team's stadium.

The accident took place around 12:30 p.m., according to Charlotte police. Both Newton and the driver of the other vehicle were taken to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries.

The Panthers released a statement saying Newton will be held overnight for observation but that the franchise quarterback "is in fair condition and undergoing tests at Carolinas Medical Center."

Team owner Jerry Richardson told the Charlotte Observer that Newton is "in good shape," after speaking with Carolinas Medical Center doctors.

Preliminary tests performed on Newton indicate he escaped a rollover accident without suffering any fractures or other serious injuries.

"At this point, it looks like he's just got scrapes and bruises, but he should be OK,'' a source told ESPN's Ed Werder. "He's going to be sore and beat up, but he should be relatively OK.''

Newton, 25, was conscious when he was transported to the hospital, a source told Werder.

A witness told the Charlotte Observer that Newton was "alert" but "in pain" at the scene of the accident.

The Charlotte Observer tweeted out a photo of Newton after he was removed from his vehicle.

In his fourth season, the former No. 1 overall pick has thrown for 2,812 yards, run for another 425 yards and accounted for 19 total touchdowns this season (16 passing, 3 rushing) to go along with 11 interceptions for a Panthers team that remains in the hunt for the NFC South division title despite a 4-8-1 record.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
That's awful. Literally beating someone to death in that instance should be legal.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Fuck red light runners, I hope they throw his ass in a cell and when he finally gets out has no license to speak of anymore. Some people don't deserve to drive when they can't be arsed to think about anybody else's lives but their own.

manmaderam

The one and only
I live over here in Charlotte and like 10 minutes away from there. Everyone here is angry and upset. Their hoping Derek Anderson is gonna return to 2007 Pro Bowl form.

His car flipped over and was taken out by a 76-year old lady.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Sounds like he's OK. Hopefully he's used to taking bone jarring hits by now and it is like waking up after a game. Never want to see stuff like this.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
The latest.......

Panthers quarterback Cam Newton suffered two fractures in his back when he was involved in a car crash near the team’s stadium today.

Panthers spokesman Charlie Dayton said today that Newton is in fair condition and will remain hospitalized overnight.

“Cam does have two transverse process fractures in his lower back but no other internal injuries,” he said. “He’ll stay overnight but there are no more tests scheduled, and that’s it.”

Two transverse process fractures is the same injury suffered by Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo this season. Romo missed one game. Baylor quarterback Bryce Petty also suffered a transverse process fracture this season and also missed one game. The transverse process is a small bone that sticks out from either side of the vertebrae.

The Panthers say they are only thinking about Newton’s well-being and have not begun thinking about when he will be able to return to the field.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
With Cam's game, they should shut him down and get him proper rehab.

Even if they make the playoffs, they'll get whooped and Cam could potentially really injure that back and then his rehab will be offset by as much as two months, putting his OTAs in jeopardy.

And we've seen how Romo has struggled with the back.

ANYONE's who's had back issues knows that once it's had a problem, it's never, ever, ever the same.

If they're smart, they IR him and get him the best therapy solution on the planet and prepare for next year because that Division is RIPE for the taking...

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Supposedly, he started the fight the teams had in NOLA by saying he was causing more damage than Katrina! If so, karma's a bitch!

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
Cam Newton has two transverse process fractures in his back
Posted by Michael David Smith on December 9, 2014, 3:31 PM EST
camnewton.jpeg
AP
Panthers quarterback Cam Newton suffered two fractures in his back when he was involved in a car crash near the team’s stadium today.

Panthers spokesman Charlie Dayton said today that Newton is in fair condition and will remain hospitalized overnight.

“Cam does have two transverse process fractures in his lower back but no other internal injuries,” he said. “He’ll stay overnight but there are no more tests scheduled, and that’s it.”

Two transverse process fractures is the same injury suffered by Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo this season. Romo missed one game. Baylor quarterback Bryce Petty also suffered a transverse process fracture this season and also missed one game. The transverse process is a small bone that sticks out from either side of the vertebrae.

The Panthers say they are only thinking about Newton’s well-being and have not begun thinking about when he will be able to return to the field.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
Courtesy of a friend from FB.. I wouldn't post this if Cam was seriously injured.

Camtruck.jpg

RamzFanz

Damnit

Oh man. That's my worst fear. I hate when my family is driving without me. So sorry to hear.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I'm gonna be that other guy. Isn't Derek Anderson's contract up at the end of the year? Hope he plays well, maybe shows us some of that 2007 form. Could be another option at QB next year. (Of course, I should say, better than 2007 form. People thought he came down to earth the year after but he was bailed out by his WRs in 2007 on some crazy inaccurate balls and had some easy picks dropped, the law of averages reverted him to the QB he really was).

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Thank God he was wearing a seat belt! IR him, there's no point risking further damage from a big hit this season for him/the Panthers

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Glad he's ok, never good when stuff like that happens.