Cam Akers: Motivated by his mother

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

hmmm, a story like this comes out before a big division game. does this mean akers will get a bigger role moving forward?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
That was an AWESOME watch. A feel good one, too.

Notice at the end... when thanking his mother... he used the words “for us” (as opposed to “for me”) speaking to how she has been there for his other siblings and family.

Nice story and her narration over the top was cool. (y)

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

as i just found out in the around the horn segment, akers is still having trouble with his blocking skills and that's what is holding him back.

then again they seem to hint that henderson's injury isn't trivial in nature and there may be much more opportunity for akers in this game.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
then again they seem to hint that henderson's injury isn't trivial in nature and there may be much more opportunity for akers in this game.

It sure looks like... this week could be the Akers show. (y)

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

hmmm, a story like this comes out before a big division game. does this mean akers will get a bigger role moving forward?

I kind of doubt it? I dont think McVay is planning these videos based on whos going to get the work. Probably just the marketing team featuring rookies.

I think Henderson has earned his carries but I like the committee approach to get Akers involved also.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
My twins were still attending FSU when Cam was there. They are friends with Cam... they have great things to say about him. Plus... he was FSU's whole entire offense his last year there. They love him as a player too. They both have been trying to tell me how awesome he's gonna be for our Rams.

His first name is almost the same as my wife's.

I can't help but to be a fan of his. I've been anxiously waiting to watch him break out on the field. This video just adds to my fandom.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
A feel good story. Appears to be more of a shout out to their sponsor at Cedars-Sinai. Having a mother who lost a battle with cancer 3.5 years ago, it's kinda personal.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Brought me to tears. His mother is one strong lady; you notice that she talked about her kids, not herself. I hope Akers dominates in this league.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Brought me to tears. His mother is one strong lady; you notice that she talked about her kids, not herself. I hope Akers dominates in this league.
Yes, and so noticed how Cam talked about her and not himself. Sounds like a strong and very close family. You love to see it.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I dunno when these videos are shot, but it makes sense that they'd be filmed prior to the season and then it's really the marketing department that would dictate when they are released.

In that way, it may be an overall leadership decision between Snead, McVay and Demoff.

Or it could be totally random, but I think I'm closer than that... Also pretty sure they're not filming most of these segments in season as that's generally not a distraction they want rookies to have.