Byron Young & Nick Hampton

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

oldnotdead

Legend
So far he's been pretty much flying under the radar. But Camryn reported what I saw in Young's measurables before the draft. I was absolutely elated when they grabbed him as I honestly didn't think he would fall that far. Camryn mentioned how Byron's measurables are comparable to K. Mack and they are. But even more when you look at his work ethic and how coachable he is, I don't see how he won't be a very good perhaps elite edge for years to come. People tended to discount Floyd when he signed, but I could tell from his film he was going to be a damn good edge in the right system and on the right team. Yes this year he should benefit from the "Donald" effect. But he still needs to be good for that to be true. After AD retires probably after next year, Young will still be a true weapon coming off the edge for the Rams. He's got the talent to become a complete edge who can set a hard edge and drop into coverage when asked

As much as I like Hoecht and I've liked him since he was a rookie, he's going to really have to flash to hold off Hampton who is also a legit talent playing edge. I think Hampton has the talent to be a complete edge as well. He doesn't have the elite speed that Young has but hes got good speed for the position (4.58).

With the kind of speed these two guys can bring they would give the Rams bookend edges. Now add in Donald and Murchison the Rams will have a good 4 man pass rush allowing the Rams to play coverage on the back end.