byrd signed with saints and verner with bucs

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

lockdnram21

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
i wonder if Brandon Mcgee can play FS. He has the speed and hes a solid tackler. ahopefully hes been putting in work this off season because i think we gone need him. hopefullyG williams can use him. or even Tru

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Good. We didn't overpay on FAs. The value deals come after day 1. We don't need to throw a bunch of money around this year.

On Verner, he doesn't fit our scheme if we're planning to run more press coverage this year. He's a bad press CB according to my Titans friends. He's a really adept zone CB but we're not running Walton's scheme anymore.

sdakotaram

Rookie
Name
sdakotaram
Good. We didn't overpay on FAs. The value deals come after day 1. We don't need to throw a bunch of money around this year.

On Verner, he doesn't fit our scheme if we're planning to run more press coverage this year. He's a bad press CB according to my Titans friends. He's a really adept zone CB but we're not running Walton's scheme anymore.

Makes more sense

Alan

Legend
I'd read that about Verner too but to come away with nothing is hard to swallow. 3 starters on the O-line gone and one of the remaining guys (Wells) probably won't last until mid season. Starting OLB, starting CB, both gone. No replacements. Not a good day IMO. Trust in Snisher I guess. :cautious:

But maybe we get a rotational DT. :):confused:

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
True but it's disappointing.
I'm all in favor of building through the draft don't get me wrong,but there are a few SERIOUS holes on our roster. We won 7 games last season and finished in the division cellar. I prefer a nice mix of younger players and vets. At this rate we'll be the youngest team in the league for the next five years.

Not panicking,but i fully expected us to land one the top shelf FA DB's or Guards.

agree with everything you said

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Tough as it is to read about all these other team's FA signings, we have to remember that both Fisher and Snead indicated we weren't going to make a big splash during the FA period. I believe we are going to see big things in the draft.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Tough as it is to read about all these other team's FA signings, we have to remember that both Fisher and Snead indicated we weren't going to make a big splash during the FA period. I believe we are going to see big things in the draft.
Hope you're right MT! Hope the trade down we're looking for happens! Not sure Clowney's as big an attraction as we thought he was! Or the qb class isn't so hot after all!