by 3k: NFL Power Rankings Have Los Angeles Rams In Bottom Looking Up At Rest Of League

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
NFL Power Rankings Have Los Angeles Rams In Bottom Looking Up At Rest Of League
18 comments
Yet again, the Rams enter the NFL season as one of the league’s worst teams according to the power rankings.
by 3k Sep 5, 2017, 12:22pm CDT

https://www.turfshowtimes.com/2017/9/5/16255122/nfl-power-rankings-2017-la-rams

Here we are again. The Los Angeles Rams are set to open their 2017 regular season campaign. And as the power rankings come in, Rams fans are forced to face the annual rite of reaffirming that these guys “don’t know what they’re talking about” or that “they’re going to look so stupid when they’re wrong.”

It’s tradition.

Today, we’ve already got four major power rankings out. I’ll update this piece as the other major rankings are made available as we track these every week.

But yeah, screw these guys.

SB Nation: 25th

NFL.com: 29th (27th in previous rankings)

The Rams, for all their door dings and cracked engine blocks, have an incredible opportunity to open the season. First, they'll face the Andrew Luck-less Colts at home. After dodging one of the better quarterbacks in the game, they will have to face one in Kirk Cousins -- but the Redskins QB is still trying to mesh with his new offensive teammates, and that game is also in Los Angeles. Thus, the Rams could be 2-0. Then L.A. plays at S.F., another winnable game. It's a trip to Dallas in the following week, and the Cowboys could be missing Ezekiel Elliott. Maybe by the time the Rams see the Seahawks in Week 5, A) The light bulb will have come on for Jared Goff, and B) Aaron Donald will be on the field, playing lights out.

Yahoo! Sports: 25th (28th)

The Rams couldn’t ask for a better spot in Week 1, catching the Colts without quarterback Andrew Luck and cornerback Vontae Davis. And it’s a home game for the Rams. If they can’t win that, it’ll be a long season.

USA Today: 24th (28th)

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I have the 2017 Rams Power Ranking at *16.
( *T-32).
My revolutionary ranking system is based entirely on the W/L results of regular season games...

99Balloons

Pro Bowler
Name
G
That's a fair assumption based on the 10+ years of Rams mediocrity until the Rams sneak up on teams and run up the scores. Only then will the football pundits stop with putting down the Rams. When the Rams go into enemy stadium and run up the scores, then the Rams will earn respect. As of now, I like the Rams to stay under the radar so other teams will have false confidence when the Rams hand them an ass-kicking.

Billy Baroo

How about a Fresca?
That's a fair assumption based on the 10+ years of Rams mediocrity until the Rams sneak up on teams and run up the scores. Only then will the football pundits stop with putting down the Rams. When the Rams go into enemy stadium and run up the scores, then the Rams will earn respect. As of now, I like the Rams to stay under the radar so other teams will have false confidence when the Rams hand them an ass-kicking.
"Mediocre" is being quite kind. This is the year we break through though! :yess:

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
All these guys just make projections based on last years record.

If I'm not a fan and don't follow the team much, I would assume they'll be bad based on last year. So I can't blame them for assuming it this year. That will change when they improve. Until then, we gotta get used to these rankings.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
The '99 Rams were probably ranked about the same at the beginning of that season, being a 4-12 team the year before. So we must be doomed.... :rolleyes:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think it's funny that people care about these rankings. They are utterly meaningless and since the Rams haven't had a winning record in forever, they are where they belong

Exactly.

Rightly or wrongly, they are going on production, not potential.

And Donald, rightly or wrongly, has screwed up this seasons mojo.

Not only for the rams but for himself.