BWB: Blame Rams Loss on Coaching Staff

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

News Bot

01001000 01101001
Name
News Bot
[pd]2675140104001[/pd]
<a class="postlink" href="http://cinesport.stltoday.com/saint-louis-post-dispatch-breakfast-bernie/bwb-blame-rams-loss-on-coaching-staff/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://cinesport.stltoday.com/saint-lou ... ing-staff/</a>

classicpony

Starter
Name
Jim
This early in the season I don't want to play the blame game. YES everyone does make mistakes but the great ones learn from them and don't repeat them to often. :evil:

moklerman

Warner-phile
classicpony said:
This early in the season I don't want to play the blame game. YES everyone does make mistakes but the great ones learn from them and don't repeat them to often. :evil:
Agreed. Sure, there were mistakes but the Rams are still the youngest team on the block. A 7 point loss on the road to Atlanta isn't reason to start making wholesale changes.

V3

Hall of Fame
I couldn't agree more with Bernie. Our coordinators are either pussies or idiots. They're either too scared to play with authority or they are incompetent and can't figure out simple things like putting one person on Jones is STUPID or waiting till the game is over to start opening the playbook and using the no huddle offense, which the Rams seem to do best in, is just as asinine.

There are definite issues with the players that need to be fixed (penalties) but this game was mostly lost because of the coaches, IMO.

iced

I think the playcalling and ST is what screwed the offense early. Let Bradford go up tempo and get a first down or 2 before slowing down if you're worried about TOP or giving the D a rest.

And the defense - this 8 yard cushion crap has got to stop....and start blitzing

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
classicpony said:
yup, I am not going there either. from where i sit, this team made me proud yesterday and all i see are great things on the horizon.

Afro Ram

Pro Bowler
I'm by no means a fan of Bernie but I basically agree with most of what was said here. First off its not about blaming. Its about recognising bad trends. The fact is the play calling has been very questionable the first two games. I feel like the bulk of the mistakes have been on the coaches. I'm not going to get into a debate over it but the last thing I want to see is bad play calling holding the team back. Even if its just one or two bad plays.. In this case I could call most of the first half poorly called. I'm actually not upset with the way the game ended at all. The tean is still young and the coaching staff is still trying to figure out how to get the most of the young players. I do hope to see improvement in the agession and creativity in the playcalling. As for now I trust fisher and his staff that they will adress the flaws.

moklerman

Warner-phile
Limiting the conversation to just the "start faster" point, has anyone noticed how Manning and the Broncos have been starting out games?

V3

Hall of Fame
iced said:
I think the playcalling and ST is what screwed the offense early. Let Bradford go up tempo and get a first down or 2 before slowing down if you're worried about TOP or giving the D a rest.

And the defense - this 8 yard cushion crap has got to stop....and start blitzing

8 yards is press coverage to this staff.

The fact is, those huge cushions are negating just about any blitz the Rams do. If the QB sees a blitz, he has multiple options with no one covering them because the CB's were lined up 10 yards back. Start playing press coverage and I think the QB pressures will go up.

fastcat

Pro Bowler
Everyone says play press coverage, but the sad thing is that we don't even have to do that.... Just line up on top of the reciever for gods sake

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

RamzFanz

Damnit
V3 said:
I couldn't agree more with Bernie. Our coordinators are either wusses or idiots. They're either too scared to play with authority or they are incompetent and can't figure out simple things like putting one person on Jones is STUPID or waiting till the game is over to start opening the playbook and using the no huddle offense, which the Rams seem to do best in, is just as asinine.

There are definite issues with the players that need to be fixed (penalties) but this game was mostly lost because of the coaches, IMO.

This.

iced

V3 said:
iced said:

The fact is, those huge cushions are negating just about any blitz the Rams do. If the QB sees a blitz, he has multiple options with no one covering them because the CB's were lined up 10 yards back. Start playing press coverage and I think the QB pressures will go up.

would causes bad decisions, ball holding, errant throws, aka sacks and turnovers

V3

Hall of Fame
iced said:
V3 said:
iced said:

would causes bad decisions, ball holding, errant throws, aka sacks and turnovers

Exactly. The Rams may get burned a time or two by playing so aggressive but I think there will be just as many, if not more, instances where our D would be able to burn the opposing team with a sack, fumble, arrant throw for interception, etc.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Oh yes, the token blame the coordinators after a loss.

That was excruciating to listen to, especially after "coaching scared."

When you start inside the 20 (actually it was more inside the 15) the majority of the game, your playcalling is gonna be different than even at the 20.

Blaming coordinators is taking the easy road to throw some blame after the loss. B/c that's what you are supposed to do after every loss. How original.

Now don't get me wrong I didn't like defensive performance either, but if you want to blame someone blame both. Players have to execute too.

Also "coaching scared." Give me a damn break. Sorry this video pissed me off. It was loud and obnoxious and offered nothing but "blah blah blah blame OC and DC blah blah blah."

nighttrain

Legend
moklerman said:
classicpony said:
Agreed. Sure, there were mistakes but the Rams are still the youngest team on the block. A 7 point loss on the road to Atlanta isn't reason to start making wholesale changes.
I'm thinking Fisher and Co is in for the long haul, easy early, balls to the wall later
train

GreeneCounty

Pro Bowler
Rams are 1-1 and they played hard yesterday. Yes it does not get you a win but hell it gives you confidence you can play with anyone. I think Rams are going to get more turnovers by more man because Long and Quin are gonna cause havoc for the opposing qb.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I don't blame Bernie for that rant.

I haven't liked the game plans in either game. Sure, we're 1-1 (where we thought we'd be) but we very easily could be 0-2.

Penalties and poor game plans - that's a leadership issue to fix!

EastRam

Pro Bowler
CGI_Ram said:
I don't blame Bernie for that rant.

I haven't liked the game plans in either game. Sure, we're 1-1 (where we thought we'd be) but we very easily could be 0-2.

Penalties and poor game plans - that's a leadership issue to fix!

:plus1:

It really is starting to look like coaching scared.

Are the Rams playing Marty ball in the first half?

Yes I had to go there. :shock:

On the flip side maybe just maybe, the staff doesn't trust the players yet. I dunno.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I would very much like to watch Big bern ask Fisher why he's "coaching scared" face to face at on of the press conferences.

Or don't they allow him outside of that lavish studio/office he's in there?