Buzz builds of Janoris Jenkins staying with the Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Buzz builds of Janoris Jenkins staying with the Rams

Posted by Mike Florio

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...lds-of-janoris-jenkins-staying-with-the-rams/

Janoris Jenkins wasn’t happy with the offer he got from the Rams prior to the deadline for using the franchise tag. He could soon be getting a lot happier with whatever the Rams are offering.

There’s a building buzz in league circles that Jenkins will ultimately remain with the Rams, keeping him in place for at least another year with fellow cornerback Trumaine Johnson, who has received (and accepted) the franchise tag.

Jenkins parted ways with his agent not long before the deadline for using the tag, and he has since hired Neil Schwartz and Jonathan Feinsod. Their primary job has been to see what else is out there, in order to compare it to whatever the Rams will offer.

Despite Jenkins’ performance in four years with the Rams, he arrived in 2012 with plenty of red flags. Those red flags, while fading, could make other teams concerned about the prospect of breaking the bank for a guy they don’t know. The Rams know him, and they clearly trust him.

The real question is whether he’ll continue to earn that trust after swapping his original four-year, $5 million deal for something that pays out a lot more.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
Have a bad feeling the Raiders always offer more $$$ then us and snatch him up. Would be a perfect move by them.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Have a bad feeling the Raiders always offer more $$$ then us and snatch him up. Would be a perfect move by them.

How much cap space are they playing with? Didn't they just get Osomele and now Bruce Irvin? That's a big chunk of change.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I think we might be underestimating our FO a little. I believe in them that they will get our guys signed. If they decide that they're not needed, especially on the defensive side of the ball, I'll support it.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
How much cap space are they playing with? Didn't they just get Osomele and now Bruce Irvin? That's a big chunk of change.

Could be wrong but I think I remember reading 67M +? 2nd highest, Jags leading. They definitely got the cash.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
Not to be cynical, but I hope Janoris' camp isn't trying to stir the pot to try to get another team (Raiders, Jags, Miami?) to try to panic and add another million to their offer.

OC_Ram

Restricted Free Agent
This is a MUCH needed signing. I do not see the benefit of spending a high round draft pick to hopefully fill the shoes of a player already in a Rams uniform. We get better by keeping our talent, not drafting to replace them.

Let's get him signed!

Last edited:

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
I'm praying we can keep our starting CBs together for a couple of years. I think both are only going to get better. And if Gaines can comeback 100% we are going to be scary good in the secondary

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Yep, with Tru, jj and Gaines the Rams are almost lockdown central. With Joyner and Roberson opponents could go 5 wide and the Rams would have it under control.

Maybe they move Joyner to fs if McLeod leaves. Although the Rams have never even contemplated a move for him.

fearsomefour

Legend
Not to be cynical, but I hope Janoris' camp isn't trying to stir the pot to try to get another team (Raiders, Jags, Miami?) to try to panic and add another million to their offer.
I think the Raiders are a day 1 of FA offer to Jenkins.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
The dreaded "buzz in league circles" has never given me a warm, fuzzy feeling...We will know more sooner than later I imagination...

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

can anyone decipher these tweets from jj?

4 days ago - My view from a distance

3 days ago - Game of Chess. #JoinTheTable

2 days ago - Woke up feeling Awesome❗❗❗❗

8 hours ago - Ocean view.. #ThinkingCapOn

1 hour ago - Mind at ease.. #Checmate

give it your best shot. please.