Bud Sasser still not cleared

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
and still no info on why.

Has anyone ever seen anything like this? It's weird.

A55VA6

Legend
Yeah, it's really odd. Not sure what's going on. It sucks he's going to miss the start of OTA's and possibly much more.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I wish the best for the kid, but they've had to find something and I just hope he's okay from a health standpoint let alone football.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Odd... but Fisher said it'd be OK.. unless, of course, that was coach speak. :cautious:

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
He was fine last year when he was Mizzou's best WR after DGB left. Not sure what the issue is.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He was fine last year when he was Mizzou's best WR after DGB left. Not sure what the issue is.

I've seen it before. For instance, a while back the Lakers drafted a power forward named Ronnie Turiaf. Turned out to have a heart issue that required open heart surgery, although it eventually was corrected and he did okay in the NBA. Sometimes the more rigorous tests the NFL does turns up things that colleges don't find with the heart or elsewhere. Sometimes they are correctable, sometimes not - just a guess, but given the time it's taking, I'm thinking he got put on some med that might correct it, and they are waiting for improvement to show before he's medically cleared.

Memphis Ram

Legend
That's what I was thinking. Some sort of heart issue. St. Louis doesn't need another J.V. Cain type of incident at practice.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Hopefully he's okay. Obviously it might suck from a health standpoint, but that sucks for his football career if he can't participate in OTAs. He's already going to have a tough time making the team but it's going to be impossible if he can't prove himself and than might have a medical issue on top of it.

RamBill

Legend
Jim Thomas ‏@jthom1

Although, it's not yet apparent that he's been cleared to play, former Mizzou WR Bud Sasser has signed with Rams.

He's the first known draft pick to have signed with team although Rams usually wait until June to sign their picks under current regime.

Nick Wagoner ‏@nwagoner

Rams WR Bud Sasser appears on NFL transactions today as signed with team. Again, he has not been cleared to play. Will have more by Thurs.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Even stranger. The Rams sign him- but not with the rest of the class per their "tradition"

Hard to have the warm and fuzzies on this - lets just hope he is OK and they are just being cautious - as someone else said - football or no football.

RamzFanz

Damnit
If they found something serious, that's good. May have saved the kid from something worse.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Even stranger. The Rams sign him- but not with the rest of the class per their "tradition"

Hard to have the warm and fuzzies on this - lets just hope he is OK and they are just being cautious - as someone else said - football or no football.

Maybe for medical insurance or some other benefit of being signed that plays into the treatment?

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Maybe for medical insurance or some other benefit of being signed that plays into the treatment?
I was thinking the same thing. Man, I hope the kid is OK. Would be a classy move by the Rams if they signed him so he can get treatment under coverage.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
The fact that they signed him concerns me. I hope it's not something serious.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I've seen it before. For instance, a while back the Lakers drafted a power forward named Ronnie Turiaf. Turned out to have a heart issue that required open heart surgery, although it eventually was corrected and he did okay in the NBA. Sometimes the more rigorous tests the NFL does turns up things that colleges don't find with the heart or elsewhere. Sometimes they are correctable, sometimes not - just a guess, but given the time it's taking, I'm thinking he got put on some med that might correct it, and they are waiting for improvement to show before he's medically cleared.
The good ol days when the lakers were relevant

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

^ this.