Bud Light will pay NFL $1.4 billion over six years

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-will-pay-the-nfl-1-4-billion-over-six-years/

Bud Light sponsorship will pay the NFL $1.4 billion over six years
Posted by Michael David Smith on November 4, 2015

The bulk of the NFL’s enormous revenues comes from the league’s enormous TV contracts with NBC, CBS, FOX, ESPN and DirecTV. But the league also makes a fortune from sponsorships, and they’ve just extended a big one.

Anheuser-Busch and the NFL have agreed to extend Bud Light’s sponsorship of the league for another six years, through the 2022 Super Bowl. According to the Wall Street Journal, the deal will pay the NFL $1.4 billion, which works out to more than $7 million for each team, every year of the sponsorship.

That sponsorship will allow Bud Light to do things like put sponsored highlights on social media and award “Bud Light Players of the Game.” That’s on top of the enormous amount of money that Bud Light (and its rival beer makers) spend to buy commercials on NFL broadcasts.

“We’ve done the math and wouldn’t be renewing this sponsorship if we didn’t believe this would allow us to sell more beer,” Anheuser-Busch executive Lucas Herscovici said.

And that demonstrates once again just how powerful the NFL is. Nothing reaches more Americans — especially beer-drinking men in their 20s and 30s — than the NFL. And so for all the missteps the league has taken on everything from domestic violence to Deflategate, big companies want to do business with the NF.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yth-L5u4lo

RedRam

Pro Bowler
Yikes! That's a lot of scratch! :shocked:

Unless A-B pays me, I won't be buying any of that swill. :hellno:

I'm out of their target demo anyway...

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
NFL just sold what little what was left of their souls. Fuck alcohol companies.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Bud Light: Beer for people who don't like beer but want to get hammered as quickly and cheaply as possible.

beej

Rookie
can't help but wonder if that contract comes with any strings attached to St Louis NFL. just thinking out loud

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
HEY!!

Alcohol helps me get through Rams games!!
:D

I remember those days, or some of them anyways.
I still havent figured out if I'm an alcoholic because I'm a Rams fan, or if I'm a Rams fan because I'm an alcoholic. Now I rely on rockstar to get me through the game, and on occasion the Rams seem to get a boost from my rockstar which makes me drink another. You can take away the alcohol and I still act and think like an alcoholic.

…..

Legend
Dont care how much money Bud spends......it wont ever make me drink thier crappy product

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Still not buying, stick to microbreweries if you want quality beer.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I still haven't figured out if I'm an alcoholic because I'm a Rams fan, or if I'm a Rams fan because I'm an alcoholic.

My belief is it's the former... I was fine until 2003... then, they started forcing me to the floor... pouring booze down my throat for three hours!
:burp:

KNUCKLEHEAD

I won't say it unless you don't.
I was just joking around about "real men of genius"...Coincidence? ... Yea, probably. :homercrawl:

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Bud Light: Beer for people who don't like beer but want to get hammered as quickly and cheaply as possible.

that doesn't make any sense. drinking light beer will make the journey much longer to hammeredville.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
A couple of things. First off, yes there is better beer available, even better light beers (though far fewer of those). However, I've had many worse beers too.

Secondly, if you are looking to get drunk cheaply with as few of calories as possible, that's why vodka was invented.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
that doesn't make any sense. drinking light beer will make the journey much longer to hammeredville.

Bud Light is 6.0% alcohol - actually stronger than many non-light beers. Not a malt liquor, of course.

Sublime.jpg

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-will-pay-the-nfl-1-4-billion-over-six-years/

Bud Light sponsorship will pay the NFL $1.4 billion over six years
Posted by Michael David Smith on November 4, 2015

The bulk of the NFL’s enormous revenues comes from the league’s enormous TV contracts with NBC, CBS, FOX, ESPN and DirecTV. But the league also makes a fortune from sponsorships, and they’ve just extended a big one.

Anheuser-Busch and the NFL have agreed to extend Bud Light’s sponsorship of the league for another six years, through the 2022 Super Bowl. According to the Wall Street Journal, the deal will pay the NFL $1.4 billion, which works out to more than $7 million for each team, every year of the sponsorship.

That sponsorship will allow Bud Light to do things like put sponsored highlights on social media and award “Bud Light Players of the Game.” That’s on top of the enormous amount of money that Bud Light (and its rival beer makers) spend to buy commercials on NFL broadcasts.

“We’ve done the math and wouldn’t be renewing this sponsorship if we didn’t believe this would allow us to sell more beer,” Anheuser-Busch executive Lucas Herscovici said.

And that demonstrates once again just how powerful the NFL is. Nothing reaches more Americans — especially beer-drinking men in their 20s and 30s — than the NFL. And so for all the missteps the league has taken on everything from domestic violence to Deflategate, big companies want to do business with the NF.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yth-L5u4lo

Personally I prefer "Bud" to "Bud-Light"! Light Beer!:poop:(n)(n)(n)(n) Just my expert Opinion!!:D
drunk-smiley-emoticon.gif

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Budweiser is a great beer man. Lot of my friends are beer snobs and wouldn't even dirty their palates with it, but I'm that guy who can appreciate all beers. I can knock down an imperial stout or any other dark/rich beer with appreciation for its fine qualities, then turn around and drain a Budweiser with gusto. IMO it is extremely underappreciated nowadays but that will change because a crisp/clean beer with a smooth finish is always going to do well.

Bud Light, now... Not sure what the numbers are but that beer simply kills it in terms of quantity. And I help out on that front too btw. Best light beer in the world IMO, so glad they got the NFL contract lol.

dhaab

Rookie
This news on the same day that the NFL kicks out a player for smoking pot. The league is run by hypocrite$!!