Bryce Hager

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Billy Baroo

How about a Fresca?
Lot's of threads saying move Tree to MLB but I really liked what I saw from Hager in pre-season and on Specials during season. He seems smart and instinctive. Not sure if he's big enough yet to take on blockers but he sure has the speed/pursuit that JL was lacking. I'd rather keep Tree on the outside for his speed and also unsure if he'd be able to handle additional responsibility of getting D set. Tree/Hager/Barron?

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
I'd put Barron in the middle long before Hager. He's far too small to handle the middle.

Billy Baroo

How about a Fresca?
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'd put Barron in the middle long before Hager. He's far too small to handle the middle.
Barron's smaller than Hager. Barron's only like 220 and Hager goes 235 and has frame to add more.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Ogletree is probably the most suited to fill in for JL but I'm thinking there well be adjustment struggles early on without our defensive field general. I don't think anyone on this defense has the understanding of the game that JL had yet.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Mark Barron has been listed forever as being over 6-2/213 pounder now that is pure skinny for a SS but were are talking Lber. I agree Bryce Hager is shorter than Barron. Hager when he was a college scaled at 235 lbs, I really doubt that when we see Bryce Hager in his second season TC & pre season....that we will see a dinky small under sized MLB'er. Bryce Hager is sure to have already caught the eye of Frank Bush & Gregg Williams. Alex Ogletree will remain playing one of the outside Lb'er posts.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
It would be a bad mistake to put AO in the middle, we need to find our Mike from outside the team. Ogle tree has the same deficiencies as JL, we need a stout MFer in there to shed a block and plug the damn hole at the LOS. I don't see AO being that type of guy at all.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
It would be a bad mistake to put AO in the middle, we need to find our Mike from outside the team. Ogle tree has the same deficiencies as JL, we need a stout MFer in there to shed a block and plug the damn hole at the LOS. I don't see AO being that type of guy at all.

So many of you underestimate Ogletree. He is far more athletic than y'all give him credit for.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

I would hate to labor up & box in a rare talented far ranging side line to sideline Lb'er like Tree. Keep Tree loose, freed up & instinctive at all times. I doubt we will see much of a old style Mike type LBer in the 2016 defense if our defensive front of Brockers/Donald/Hayes/Quinn remain healthy.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
So many of you underestimate Ogletree. He is far more athletic than y'all give him credit for.
The fact that he IS super athletic is why I want him outside making plays. I want the guy in the middle to make the other team think twice about running it up the gut, that should be his main job.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Ogletree was thriving at OLB. Hell, he was playing at Pro Bowl level until hurt.

Why would we want to move such a player to MLB?

Why not get (or promote) another player to be our 2 down MLB?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I agree that he is very athletic. He doesn't seem to be a gap filler or have the ability to stack and shed like a MLB should. Maybe that changes, but I think it is even less likely coming off a broken limb. Of course I thought there was no way JL55 was going anywhere so....

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ogletree was thriving at OLB. Hell, he was playing at Pro Bowl level until hurt.

Why would we want to move such a player to MLB?

Why not get (or promote) another player to be our 2 down MLB?

Why would we want a limited player at Mike when we can have Ogletreee and Barron on the field instead? Now, we have speed and coverage skills. Which mean more in today's NFL than having a thumper. Not to mention the fact that we often play T.J. in the box. So that gives us 8 guys in the box on most running downs.

In today's NFL, you need range and coverage skills at Mike. Very few teams rely on thumpers anymore. One of the few teams that did, Detroit, just released their thumper (Tulloch).

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Pretty sure Carolina is glad to have a guy like Kuechly at the Mike. I don't think they want to move him outside.

I think Williams feels pretty confident that Ogletree can be that kind of player, especially with our DL.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Pretty sure Carolina is glad to have a guy like Kuechly at the Mike. I don't think they want to move him outside.

I think Williams feels pretty confident that Ogletree can be that kind of player, especially with our DL.
Keek is a rarity.

fearsomefour

Legend
Mark Barron has been listed forever as being over 6-2/213 pounder now that is pure skinny for a SS but were are talking Lber. I agree Bryce Hager is shorter than Barron. Hager when he was a college scaled at 235 lbs, I really doubt that when we see Bryce Hager in his second season TC & pre season....that we will see a dinky small under sized MLB'er. Bryce Hager is sure to have already caught the eye of Frank Bush & Gregg Williams. Alex Ogletree will remain playing one of the outside Lb'er posts.
Yeah, it seems they never update the weights for players.