Bruce Arians says no reason Cards can't make Super Bowl

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
He's got every reason to have confidence and set the bar there.

I just don't see Carson Palmer as a guy I want leading my team in the playoffs.

fearsomefour

Legend
He's got every reason to have confidence and set the bar there.

I just don't see Carson Palmer as a guy I want leading my team in the playoffs.
Yes and no. They have no other viable options. Palmer is bit of a Rich Gannon type to me. Late career rebirth.
If Cooper comes in and plays as he was expected before his injury at LG and their shiny new LT stays on the field and they add some like Martin at RT the Cards would pretty much have their ever troublesome O line fixed.
Add in a real pass catching TE threat and the Cards will be tough to contend with.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't see any reason they can't either..They are a very good team

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Ariens can draft a QB, coach him up and build a SB quality team, no doubt.

There is real quality on that team already.

laramsoriginal

Starter
Yes and no. They have no other viable options. Palmer is bit of a Rich Gannon type to me. Late career rebirth.
If Cooper comes in and plays as he was expected before his injury at LG and their shiny new LT stays on the field and they add some like Martin at RT the Cards would pretty much have their ever troublesome O line fixed.
Add in a real pass catching TE threat and the Cards will be tough to contend with.

They can add a quality OL in the first and a TE in the 2nd. Their offense would be pretty damn stacked. Another reason why the rams need to upgrade the talent at CB and S.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
They'll be better this season. Their OLine will be much improved and adding Ted Ginn they hope will offset losing WR Andre Roberts. IMO A.Ellington is underrated as a RB.

Its on defense where they may struggle to improve. Losing Dansby will hurt, then there's the Daryl Washington looming suspension, and Tyrann Mathieu's return from that nasty knee injury. A.Cromartie could really help them or he could be just another guy on the long list of old, once-talented NFL veteran FA's to sign in Arizona to basically do nothing and retire into the sunset on a fat paycheck(Emmitt Smith, Duane Starks, Edgerrin James, Clyde Simmons, Wilber Marshall etc...).

Ram_of_Old

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

They have one of the top three receivers in the NFL. That helps a lot!

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo

They would do cartwheels in the war room if E.Ebron somehow fell to them at #20.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
We'll see how good they are. I personally see them taking a step back. Losing the two linebackers ( I bet D Wash gets an 8 game suspension) is going to hurt them, plus a lot of their key players are old guys....