Browns waive Manziel

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Click the link below to watch video.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/03/11/report-browns-to-cut-manziel-on-friday/

Report: Browns to cut Manziel on Friday
Posted by Mike Florio on March 11, 2016

If 49ers coach Chip Kelly wants quarterback Johnny Manziel, Kelly apparently won’t have to trade for him.

Tony Grossi of ESPNCleveland.com reports that the Browns are expected to cut Manziel by the close of business on Friday.

The Browns had created the impression that they would have cut Manziel in late January after his latest brush with the law, if they had the cap space to do it. But they didn’t cut him when the new league year began, which created the impression that they were hoping to trade him or waiting for an opportunity to void his remaining $2.1 million in guaranteed money.

If it’s the former, it means they’ve possibly called every other team and learned that no one will give up anything of value to get him. The next question is whether anyone will touch him until his legal situation in Texas is resolved (he’s facing possibly domestic violence charges) and/or until he addresses lifestyle choices that have resulted in his agent firing him and his own father expressing concern for Manziel’s life.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
If folks think the whiners are a cluster f**k now, wait and see what their organization looks like if Johnny Dumbass ever got to be their guy under center...

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Finally threw in the towel. The Browns have been a mystery this offseason. Odd front office hires, good coach hire, losing people and not replacing them in free agency, thinking they would get bidding for Manziel. I actually feel bad for their fans. Moreso than I do for our fans.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Johnny Manziel - QB - Free Agent
Browns waived QB Johnny Manziel.

Predictably, the Browns couldn't find anyone to give them anything for their off-field embarrassment. Manziel will now pass through waivers and likely go unclaimed. He'll probably have to sit on his hands until his off-field matters get resolved, as Manziel has an ongoing domestic case in Texas. To this point in his career, Manziel has been more worried about getting hammered drunk than being good at football. He allegedly showed up drunk to the facility back in Week 16.
Related: Browns

Mar 11 - 11:36 AM

Bring his ass in! A drunk QB couldn't be any worse than what we had last year. Hell he might play for booze

Ram65

Legend
Just got the breaking new. Pass.

For laughs just imagine JM kicking it in LA.

Probably would say he got lost going to practice and then got stuck in traffic when he shows up 6 hours late.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
in before "Manziel really interested in playing for LA Rams" article ...we have been linked with every other QB in FA whats one more

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
" WOW!! Johnny Football waived! Earth Shaking / World shattering News!! " Next thing you know The Sun will go down!!
I never want to see him in Horns!!!!!!!!!!!!

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
What a strange trip it's been:
Johnny Football to
Johnny Vegas to
Johnny Rehab to
Johnny Dipshit to
Johnny Unemployed

baconandbread

Super Secret Starting DT
I have a feeling he'll be in Denver soon enough...correct me if I'm wrong, but I recall Von Miller mentioning helping him out on a personal level.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'll take him or rg3 unless we plan on getting goff or Wentz.

Either would be really cheap. Don't think a non star on their last leg could destroy a locker room. 1 slip up = gone.

Would be more exciting than keenum with more upside.

All that said #jaredgoff2016

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
He could still have a future in this league if he'd get serious about football. A year off will help him get things sorted I think. Teams probably won't touch him while this BS is going on with the courts, so he's most likely looking at a year off which he needs.

I don't have a problem with the Rams giving him a look once he's got all that stuff settled. At that point he'll be a cheap camp tryout type option you can cut as soon as you like if he's not serious about it.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It would be a desperate move for the Rams to get him....I just think Johnny's personality/issues/instability/lack of maturity make him incompatible as an NFL player....He's the Moth, and the NFL is the flame.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
What's funny sad about this entire ordeal is I mentioned on his board before way before he was drafted that I live just 20 miles from Kerrville TX where Manzeal is from, and there would be workers who'd come up to fix the A/C or whatever service, and me and the guy we'd get to talking football and when is being up Johnny Football at A&M they 'd all said Johnny was a Hell raiser and everyone in the community was seriously worried about him and were just waiting for him to implode -- I heard stories about cocaineand drinking and being just down right nasty. These guys all said they went to church with them etc..

I haven't seen those guys for a bit of time since we aren't building right now but they were all 100% correct

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
Mods: Can we have 24 hour bans for anyone suggesting we should go get Johnny Car Crash?