Browns trying to trade Brock Osweiler

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I think they have a lot of the pieces now at least. They have a pretty good draft capital next year too.

All of those draft picks don't mean much. They could miss on them all. If the choose successfully on most of them then they likely won't be able to afford them all in three years.

The best bet is to try to swing trades to move up. With a bunch of picks the might be able to. Fewer great players > more average players

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
The Texans would have to have the worst management to trade a (starting)QB, a 2nd round pick, and 6th round pick for a 4th to a QB needy team. Everyone knew Osweiler was garbage after he was benched for Savage.

I wonder how he would've done if he didn't have a coach that wasn't a jerk to his QBs. He didn't do bad in Denver with a better support system.

I'm really hoping BOB works with Deshaun Watson instead of berating him the first time there is a mistake.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Did they actually evaluate Kizer's play the other night?!!! He looked like a deer in headlights.

TERRIBLE, terrible idea to start him right away. I would strongly reconsider that plan and instead either keep Brock to start the first few games, or take one on the chin and let Kessler start. Kizer will be Carr'ed if he starts right away, no doubt about it.

DeShone didn't look too hot out there tbh...

IDK, he looked pretty good....Check out the total picture. I'm not saying he's Marino...but he's playing pretty well for a rookie.

I bet he gets this team to 500....Greg has that defense looking familiar...Peppers is the real deal...Always like Crowell....and that line is serious.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wonder why Kessler seems to be lost in the sauce? Did he somehow slip behind Osweiler or were they just playing Oz to hopefully generate interest?

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
IDK, he looked pretty good....Check out the total picture. I'm not saying he's Marino...but he's playing pretty well for a rookie.

I bet he gets this team to 500....Greg has that defense looking familiar...Peppers is the real deal...Always like Crowell....and that line is serious.
Respectfully going to disagree on this strongly, my brotha. He maybe showed a glimpse or two, but it's preseason. Wait till D coordinators have a game plan installed for him with crazy blitz packages and sliding/deceptive coverages. They will be licking their chops for him. He's not ready...

A55VA6

Legend
Osweiler is trash....a backup at best. Nobody gonna trade for that trash and take his $16M cap hit.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Osweiler is trash....a backup at best. Nobody gonna trade for that trash and take his $16M cap hit.

Yep he's a turd. Overpaid plus doesn't take well to coaching and corrections. Definitely a backup long-term at best.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
All the Browns did was swap some cap space they had no plans to use this year for a 2nd. Osweller was just a body to make the trade legal. Good move on their part. They are just as good letting him sit as they are trading him.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
He's not ready...
These are not my mothers Browns....Greg Williams has them flying around...with a lot of talent on Defense....

Hue knows offense...he just does. And if Hue says Kizer is ready....he's ready...I was thinking like you about Kessler last year.

I bet he plays well in the next game. Kizer I'm talking about.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame

I know what you mean - he didn't do anything wrong. Maybe I should re-watch the game. I think that D will be scary this year too

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
These are not my mothers Browns....Greg Williams has them flying around...with a lot of talent on Defense....

Hue knows offense...he just does. And if Hue says Kizer is ready....he's ready...I was thinking like you about Kessler last year.

I bet he plays well in the next game. Kizer I'm talking about.

I like the Browns. But then again, I'm always rooting for the underdog.
Rams vs. Browns - Super Bowl LII. :cheers:

MrRiceGuyRJ

Let's Make the Rams Great Again
Name
RJ
QNP39WSnRSulpR8KPujS_3tm4cj.gif

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
The Browns (like the Rams) have been cursed with shit owners and GM's.

And I mean SHIT.

I can relate to how they have had to deal with this, and even when I still lived there other then a few years I always understood their pain. And I have to tell you that fan base is solid. Perhaps the best overall group of fans in the NFL. Green Bay too.