Browns trading for Landry

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
They just traded for Tyrod!!!! There's the Browns fuck up I've been looking for, unless he's a bridge QB.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
I heard on the radio 1 pick in 2018 and 1 pick in 2019. Also, a contract is close to being signed.

Dolphins were gonna get a 3rd and 5th, but Snead walked in. They ended up with two 6th rounders. And Snead doesn't even represent them. Weird!

Last edited:

Picked4td

Pro Bowler

having the pick a year early does help though. a year of experience can do a whole lot for a young guy

Ram65

Legend
They just traded for Tyrod!!!! There's the Browns freak up I've been looking for, unless he's a bridge QB.

I just heard while driving home. He has to be a bridge QB. One year remaining on his contract. Of course it is the Browns so anything is possible, He has a 10 Mil salary and 6 Million roster bonus...no signing bonus on his two year deal. Takes them out of the Cousins sweepstakes but, gives them a op to draft one this year. Good move for a former starter with reasonable cap hit.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Maybe I’m wrong but do you really put a lot of eggs in the Gordon staying out of trouble basket and then adding Landry? And even if Tyrod is a bridge, does he help them in the short run like must be expected of him?

I hope for them that they nail a real starting option in the draft and Tyrod is not their starter.

Sometimes having a boat load of cap space can make teams spend like a drunken sailor. I’d kind of like Cleveland to turn it around for their fans. This just gives me a vibe of chasing and betting on an inside straight.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

One thing this offseason demonstrates is the way cap hit can kill a player's value in trade. Lot of good players moving for not much compensation. Browns just got a fine slot wideout for a very good deal.

Now the question is whether they'll actually find a QB, or outsmart themselves again. Gonna be fun to watch what they do.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
The dolphins and their fans were not believers in Landry. They were more than ready to move him.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They aren’t guaranteed to get a a 3rd rounder for him, they’ll have free agent money to spend now.
If Cleveland gave up a 4th this year it’s the first pick of the 4th round which is virtually a 3rd round comp pick.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
The dolphins and their fans were not believers in Landry. They were more than ready to move him.

I’m not a huge Landry fan, but >4,000yds in 4 seasons (400 catches, too)... with their QB play? Not bad.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Maybe I’m wrong but do you really put a lot of eggs in the Gordon staying out of trouble basket and then adding Landry? And even if Tyrod is a bridge, does he help them in the short run like must be expected of him?

I hope for them that they nail a real starting option in the draft and Tyrod is not their starter.

Sometimes having a boat load of cap space can make teams spend like a drunken sailor. I’d kind of like Cleveland to turn it around for their fans. This just gives me a vibe of chasing and betting on an inside straight.

I think Gordon worked his ass off to turn his life around and I don't think there are 3 WRs in the NFL in the last 5 years that have his talent or insane physical gifts.

I KNOW that Gordon would be lights out better than Watkins and he'd be cheaper, to boot.

But I don't think Gordon's gonna leave before his rookie contract is up. I think that's next year.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If Cleveland gave up a 4th this year it’s the first pick of the 4th round which is virtually a 3rd round comp pick.

Before the trade, they had picks 101 and 123 in the 4th. Has there been confirmation which pick was traded? Huge difference in value on the trade chart.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I’m not a huge Landry fan, but >4,000yds in 4 seasons (400 catches, too)... with their QB play? Not bad.

I listen to the phin fans daily on the radio... they say that he's fools gold. That's what they scream constantly.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don’t think there would have been any chance that Miami would have gotten one of the top picks for Landry. They have plenty of FA money to spend so i think at best they get a 5th for him. I’m not convinced the Rams will get a 3rd for losing Tru and Watkins so no way does Landry justify it