Browns May Make Another Run at Bradford

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The Browns make me sad.

Just imagine the fan reaction if the Browns trade two firsts for a QB coming off consecutive ACLs.

I do agree with Fisher and Snead on one thing. I do not like my team relying on injury prone players. I hated to see Danny and Stevet go but they were right to let them walk. A great player on the sidelines does not get you wins.

Ken

Starter
Name
Ken Morris
The pick is predicated on how many games Sam plays for the Eagles. If he isn't on the team there is no draft pick compensation.

Adam Schefter
Public Figure · 445,168 Likes
· March 10 at 4:11pm ·
Eagles will surrender 2016 2nd-round pick to Rams in QB trade no matter what. But will get back a conditional 2016 pick from Rams. It will be a 3rd if Bradford does not play at all; and a 4th if he starts less than 50 percent of plays.

This was from a JT chat Q&A from 18 March. JT believes the conditional draft picks apply regardless of what team Bradford plays for.

If Philadelphia trades Bradford and he plays for another team this season, would we owe Philadelphia a 3rd or 4th round pick next year? In reports I saw it stated that Philadelphia would get the Rams 3th or 4th rd picks next year depending on Bradford’s playing time with PHILADELPHIA. If that wording is correct and Philly trades Bradford, wouldn’t we by default owe Philly a 3rd even if Bradford plays 100% for the new team?

As I understand, the reported return compensation that the Rams would owe depending on Bradford’s playing time is: a 3rd if playing time is zero, a 4th if playing time is less than 50% or no pick if playing time is greater than 50%.

Don't think it works that way. It's all tied to if or how much Bradford plays in 2015 _ not which team he's with.

Alan

Legend
Ken with an alternative view:
This was from a JT chat Q&A from 18 March. JT believes the conditional draft picks apply regardless of what team Bradford plays for.
Could be Ken but I doubt it. If that were true their pick would be determined by whatever team they traded him too and that makes no sense to me because the Rams negotiated this trade with the understanding that the Shegals would make every effort to have Sam start every game. Theoretically, a different team might have something else in mind. Then again, I'm no expert in this area.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Brevity is the soul of wit.

I'm from CLE, lived there up until a little less than 5 years ago and while the Rams are #1 in my heart I always will have a soft spot for the Brownies. So when I see that club so badly managed, and owned and staffed by guys who shouldn't be in the NFL it fucking sucks.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
I'm from CLE, lived there up until a little less than 5 years ago and while the Rams are #1 in my heart I always will have a soft spot for the Brownies. So when I see that club so badly managed, and owned and staffed by guys who shouldn't be in the NFL it freaking sucks.
There isn't a better base in the world than Browns fans. They deserve better. I like how when Modell ditched they made him leave the "Browns" moniker. I hated how they took the football cardinals name to the desert. You think they would have gone to Road Runner or something. Bidwell was too cheap to buy new stationary probably.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
There isn't a better base in the world than Browns fans. They deserve better. I like how when Modell ditched they made him leave the "Browns" moniker. I hated how they took the football cardinals name to the desert. You think they would have gone to Road Runner or something. Bidwell was too cheap to buy new stationary probably.

The city had a "silver bullet" so to speak. I'm pretty familiar with the details but won't bore people. The clause was inescapable for Modell so they used it to make him leave the name, history, uinis and all the rest. He hated it too, but had no choice.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
10523603_877298162329753_7777080051200862097_n.jpg

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
The Browns are like that kid in school that it stopped being funny to pick on about 10 years ago. Now you just kinda feel bad for them.