Browns LT Joe Thomas: "They just stood there."

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
albefree69 said:
RhodyRams with an interesting tidbit:
just read somewhere that no push from DL would make it would be easier to evaluate your rookie LB and DB . Maybe that is what Fisher was doing?
That's an interesting thought. What do you do as a defense if the opposition O-line is handling your D-line. Problem is, what can you learn when you aren't doing the things that can compensate for that like blitzing? Plus I don't think you learn very much DB wise when you give huge cushions to the WRs. Still, it's something to roll around in my brain.

Plenty of room there. :lol:
I wish someone would school me on the DB play. I didn't get it. I thought we were going to press a lot this year...not saying we won't, but...

iced

RustyRay said:
I dont know about no push helping evaluate...because there will be push when it matters. It would almost be like playing 7 on 7.. Which is tough on the D...with a timed rush instead of real people rushing.

If you want to put them on the spot and at a disadvantage sure not rushing the Dline would do that.

I can see it - helps prep the DB's/LB's for those occasional plays where the d-line won't get pressure, or when it rarely gets owned outright..or if theres injury, etc.

Can't always rely on a dominant front 4 - so be prepared for when you're going to have to cover a little longer, do a little more than usual.

Don't want them to get complacent in a sense, always used to the guys up front being superior.