Brown to RG

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I guess I'm in the minority, but I don't like the move. I've never played offensive line, so I may be making a bigger deal out of it than I should, but from what I read switching sides is really difficult. I just hope we aren't stunting Brown's growth.
Fro, Brown switched from OT to OG in the NFL...already. Also, Brown switched sides a lot during his career at Louisville, even during a series. Some players do have a problem with it, but we shouldn't be worried about Brown, he's a stud.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
I guess I'm in the minority, but I don't like the move. I've never played offensive line, so I may be making a bigger deal out of it than I should, but from what I read switching sides is really difficult. I just hope we aren't stunting Brown's growth.
Guard isn't as difficult as Tackle is to switch spots. Not to say it is not a problem, but mechanically less difficult.

Alan

Legend
DCH reading my mind:
Being a Cardinals fan helps ease the sting. But yeah, I'm a lifelong Blues fan, and not only have we never won a Cup, we went through a stretch last decade where I would contend we had the worst team in professional sports for a year or 2. Then the Rams did the same thing.

But, in my lifetime I've seen the Cardinals win consistently and the Rams win a Super Bowl and come up with the Greatest Show on Turf. The Blues even won a President's Trophy in 2000 (and then lost to the f***ing Sharks in the first round of the playoffs).

However bad it gets at times, I'm a spoiled rotten sports fan.
Exactly! At least the Blues got into the finals. The Big Red only got in the playoffs twice in the whole time they were here. Lost every game. Including one to the Rams. Being a fan of the Big Red hardened me. I can take anything now. :LOL:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Maybe - but I think Brown and Hav have pretty good chemistry together based on interviews I've seen.

I think they are doing just the opposite with Brown's growth. Mirroring sides as a WR and CB, I felt I learned to see the field better overall. But - like you, I never played on the O-line. I'm only hoping it is the same with them. Time will tell but I honestly think this will be a benefit both short term and long.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Exactly! At least the Blues got into the finals. The Big Red only got in the playoffs twice in the whole time they were here. Lost every game. Including one to the Rams. Being a fan of the Big Red hardened me. I can take anything now. :LOL:
Hey Alan. Just wanted to say that it is good to see you back and posting. Missed you man.

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH

Played 8 years at ORT and in the 70's of course a much more run time with roll out flood passes that give you 3 routes to oneside and a reverse dump off. For the run game a team normally know which side is its power side and which side is best at pulling from. You would love to be able to pull anyone on your OL. Love to watch centers pull and get upfield too. Most guys have a dominant side that thet can deliver a better punch from. In the 70's we could'nt extend our arms without getting a holding call. Today you can extend but don't grasp as you well know.

I'll bet you Brown will do better on the right side and is probably glad to be back next to his draft partner. I'll bet he is right handed and loves to throw that Right hand shiver while being able to throw an equal left if needed by an inside blitzer. Knowing we have Reynolds with Wichmann,Battle and Williams in reserve is just freakin scary. I just think of Rhaney as a backup Center I hope we Never need after 5 center injuries last year.

With Pasat and Longacre on our PS we have some REAL studs we can call on Next season. Hope they are busting ASS in the weightroom . If you are a past OL you are excited about the RAMS future. Hoping this CREW gels game after game more and more. I know they don't want to let Gurley or Nick Foles down. NO INJURIES!!!

Alan

Legend
RamFan503 saying hi:
Hey Alan. Just wanted to say that it is good to see you back and posting. Missed you man.
Thanks Stu. I'm only about half back but it feels good. Plus new smilies. Heaven.:shocked::yess::headexplosion:

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
I like the move.

Right guard is the proverbial tip of the spear in the run game. If the RG controls (drives?) his DT, then it sets up the rest of the OL to build on that success. If the RG falters and the rest of the OL is left to compensate (hold? clip?), the phalanx is doomed to shatter under an avalanche of swarming defenders.

Frankly, Saffold wasn't getting the job done, or at least not as much as we would have hoped based on his success at RG a few years back. Brown is more of the body-type to do well in that role than Reynolds. Reynolds is more well suited (imho) to the LG position which is more about walling than driving.