Brown to RG

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I don't really view this as a big deal, but it is interesting. I presume it has to do with putting the vet next to GRob to help settle him down. I don't think Saffold liked the left side, and the move of Brown to the left was more about that than him having a natural fit with his punch or whatever the excuse at the time was.

So what it looks like right now with Brown going back to RG is a right side with two very good young OL. Brown has been solid, and Havenstein is playing almost like a vet tbh. IMO this might finally be the mix the Rams can go forward with.

Got my fingers crossed on this one. Either way we should see more push running right with Brown in there. Roger was not exactly killin it before his injury.

jap

Legend
I don't really view this as a big deal, but it is interesting. I presume it has to do with putting the vet next to GRob to help settle him down. I don't think Saffold liked the left side, and the move of Brown to the left was more about that than him having a natural fit with his punch or whatever the excuse at the time was.

So what it looks like right now with Brown going back to RG is a right side with two very good young OL. Brown has been solid, and Havenstein is playing almost like a vet tbh. IMO this might finally be the mix the Rams can go forward with.

Got my fingers crossed on this one. Either way we should see more push running right with Brown in there. Roger was not exactly killin it before his injury.

Reynolds is suppose to be better on the port side. So we got two rookies on the right. Guess where the inline TE will be lining up most of the time?

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Has Reynolds played LG much? I imagine it's not too different, but some guys can only play one side.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
This is so interesting...I was reading the comments how good it was to have Reynolds in...vet...from Fisher & Cig & Foles...and was thinking, they need to move Reynolds probably to G-Rob's side........he could really help with all the twists & stunts...and then this

Lets me KNOW, Jamon Brown is becoming a monster....he moves LG to RG seamlessly....

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't think the right side will be a problem tbh. GRob remains the weakest link in pass pro, I just think having a vet presence next to him will help.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
I speculated over in the Pit of Despair that this move was more to help out GRob than Brown. Hope they don't move him again - ever - and he gets back to playing comfortably and confidently, and he and GRob both crush the skulls of those who dare oppose them.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Interesting, I hope it doesn't disrupt cohesion in the O-line. Couldn't get any worse than it already did two weeks ago I guess.

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
I like it from the perspective that if teams continue to try to confuse young linemen with stunts, they should come from Foles face rather than his blind side.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
http://www.stltoday.com/sports/foot...rid=325658.12603.647&cmpid=emc:fscom:nfl_Rams

Rams notes: Team reunites rookie offensive linemen

Rams rookie guard Jamon Brown, a third-round draft pick from Louisville, spent most of training camp on the right side and then started the first five games of the regular season at left guard.

Now, with veteran Garrett Reynolds stepping in to take the place of Rodger Saffold, who’s done for the season with a shoulder injury, Brown appears to be moving back to the right side.

“It’s not too bad,” the 22-year-old said following Wednesday’s practice at Rams Park. “I take it all the way back to college, where I played both sides, left and right tackle. Here, it’s pretty much the same. Now it’s just a matter of mastering the technique on the right side.

“The left side, you’re used to a certain play being on the front side and now, on the same play, you’re on the back side. It can get confusing at times, but I feel like I do a pretty good job with it.”

In the end, Brown said, it’s the coaches’ decision.

“Whether he wants me to play on the left or the right, it doesn’t matter,” the 6-foot-4, 323-pound Brown said. “I have a job to do and I’m going to do it on either side.”

With fellow rookie Todd Gurley leading the way, the Rams ran for 164 yards in a 24-22 win in Arizona and followed up with 191 rushing yards in a 24-10 loss at Green Bay. Brown feels that’s a sign of things to come for the Rams and their youthful offensive line.

On Sunday, Gurley and the Rams will face Cleveland and a rushing defense that has allowed a league-worst 149.8 yards per game on the ground.

“I’m very confident in our line,’ he said. “I think we’ve progressed a lot, coming from OTA’s into training camp and now into the season. I think we’ve made huge strides and we will continue to get better week in and week out.

“Obviously, there are still things we can do better and we’re constantly trying to work on those things.”

Brown is excited to be working alongside of second-round draft pick Rob Havenstein, but ...

“It doesn’t skip a beat because I’ve worked with everybody in our room,” he said. “I just have to make sure I do my job and I’m sure everybody else will do theirs. We gotta continue to do what we do. It’s not really about their defense, it’s about us. And as long as we keep that mindset, we’re going to be fine.”

ALEXANDER IS BACK

Maurice Alexander, a reserve safety and special teams player, is back at practice after missing two games with a groin injury. He was hurt early in the Pittsburgh game on Sept. 27.“I’m feeling good, nice to be 100 (percent) again,” the second-year pro from Eureka High said. “When I first got hurt, I was hoping to get back quicker but the docs and trainers — they obviously know more than I do — they told me it’d be even longer than it’s been.“It was definitely frustrating because I felt good and felt faster than ever. An injury like that, you really have to be patient because if you push it too much, try to come back too soon, there’s always a chance you can re-injure it and be out even longer.

“But I’m back to where I was before and I’m looking forward to getting out there again on Sunday.”

RAMS IN THE COMMUNITY

The Rams will take part in a pair of charity events:

• Two-time Pro Bowl punter Johnny Hekker will punt off the roof of SSM Health St. Clare Hospital in Fenton Thursday at 9 a.m. as part of the SSM Kick Cancer Rooftacular. Hekker, kicker Greg Zuerlein and long snapper Jake McQuaide are co-chairs of the fund-raising program, which supports the needs of cancer patients throughout the community.

• In partnership with the United Way of Greater St. Louis, Rams players Benny Cunningham, Bradley Marquez, Marcus Roberson and Doug Worthington will join the team’s cheerleaders, Rampage and staff in hosting a Play 60 event Thursday from 3:30-5 p.m. at the O’Fallon Park YMCA.

RAM-BLINGS

For a team coming off a bye week, the Rams’ first injury report of the week was surprisingly extensive.Sitting out Wednesday’s workout at Rams Park were the expected injured players — linebacker Alex Ogletree (broken leg), defensive end Chris Long (knee) and tight end Lance Kendricks (finger) — but also included running back Tre Mason (ankle), wide receiver Tavon Austin (hamstring) and defensive end Robert Quinn (knee). Cornerback Janoris Jenkins (concussion) was limited.And the Browns’ list is even longer. Defensive backs Joe Haden (concussion/finger) and Tashaun Gipson (ankle) did not practice and neither did linebacker Craig Robertson (ankle) and tight end Rob Housler (hamstring). Veteran offensive lineman Joe Thomas and defensive linemen Randy Starks were given the day off to rest.

The following Cleveland players were limited on Wednesday _ tight end Gary Barnidge (ankle), linebacker Tank Carder (shoulder), defensive lineman John Hughes III (knee), wide receiver Marlon Moore (hamstring) and defensive lineman Danny Shelton (knee).

Back-up quarterback Johnny Manziel (right elbow) was a full participant in Wednesday’s workout.

• The Rams unofficial depth chart lists ex-safety Mark Barron as a starter at linebacker. Barron, who started the Green Bay game, was acquired from Tampa Bay at the trade deadline last year and is listed at 6 feet 2 and 213 pounds.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You hate to see this shuffling at this point in the season. However, Brown is getting a lot of experience and hopefully this will contribute to his long-term success. Guy should be a monster next year.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
When did Jenkins get a concussion?? did I miss something in the last game or did he get into a fight at a strip club or something over the bye week??

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
When did Jenkins get a concussion?? did I miss something in the last game or did he get into a fight at a strip club or something over the bye week??

No idea, that's pretty weird to be honest. Maybe he got it in practice.

Only the Rams could go into the bye week fairly healthy and come out pretty banged up.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
The latter. The Browns are the Factory of Sadness.

After reading through the Browns forums this week, I feel a kinship of sadness with them. Rams Talk however is what happens when there is no active moderation for 20 years or so. It is the Pit of Disgrace.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
By all accounts, Brown is a very smart kid. I think he will flip sides seamlessly. Look for us to run right.

And WTF PD?
Brown is excited to be working alongside of second-round draft pick Rob Havenstein, but ...
But.... what? You make it sound like there is a huge butt in the room and then nothing. Fuck nuts. It just continues to be ever so douchy out of that rag. Why put that in there? Clearly the writer was wanting to say something and then likely thought better of it. Dicks.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
After reading through the Browns forums this week, I feel a kinship of sadness with them. Rams Talk however is what happens when there is no active moderation for 20 years or so. It is the Pit of Disgrace.
As a Blues fan, I also feel a kinship with them. At least we've won a Super Bowl in my lifetime.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
As a Blues fan, I also feel a kinship with them. At least we've won a Super Bowl in my lifetime.
I bet. Y'know, if you look at other teams and think about when the last time some of them won a championship, it kind of puts things into perspective. Yeah I want to win as much as anyone else. But I suppose it is why I also go into every season with a fresh mindset. Just like the '99 season. You just never know when your team suddenly breaks free of the basement. And often, last year means very little in the grand scheme of things. Blues fans, Cubs fans, Browns fans, Mets fans, Rams fans, etc. etc. We are all nuts - but here we are.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
I bet. Y'know, if you look at other teams and think about when the last time some of them won a championship, it kind of puts things into perspective. Yeah I want to win as much as anyone else. But I suppose it is why I also go into every season with a fresh mindset. Just like the '99 season. You just never know when your team suddenly breaks free of the basement. And often, last year means very little in the grand scheme of things. Blues fans, Cubs fans, Browns fans, Mets fans, Rams fans, etc. etc. We are all nuts - but here we are.
Being a Cardinals fan helps ease the sting. But yeah, I'm a lifelong Blues fan, and not only have we never won a Cup, we went through a stretch last decade where I would contend we had the worst team in professional sports for a year or 2. Then the Rams did the same thing.

But, in my lifetime I've seen the Cardinals win consistently and the Rams win a Super Bowl and come up with the Greatest Show on Turf. The Blues even won a President's Trophy in 2000 (and then lost to the f***ing Sharks in the first round of the playoffs).

However bad it gets at times, I'm a spoiled rotten sports fan.

FRO

Legend
I guess I'm in the minority, but I don't like the move. I've never played offensive line, so I may be making a bigger deal out of it than I should, but from what I read switching sides is really difficult. I just hope we aren't stunting Brown's growth.