Brock Purdy in Concussion Protocol

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Well I'm sure Darnold will step in and be Pro Bowl level, thats the luck they have. In all honesty, Darnold looked pretty damn good last year with the terrible Panthers, so he should look pretty good with the Pro bowl team.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Someone needs to do that to hurts. Just go straight for his helmet. Maybe the eagles will think twice before running that shit play again.

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.

Someone needs to do that to hurts. Just go straight for his helmet. Maybe the eagles will think twice before running that shit play again.

Thought the same thing when the Iggles ran the TushPush against us. Hurts is very exposed up there. May only take a hit like Purdy's and they may be reluctant to play it again.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
I remember Goff doing those QB sneaks, but going WAY up high, he's really tall with super long arms, the defense couldn't stop that play either. Especially at the goal line.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Maybe, just maybe, this video spurs the NFL to outlaw the push. Not the sneak, the scrum.

dang

Legend
This looked like a regular QB sneak which is legit. The “push” will result in a broken neck for someone due to the concentration of weight in a small space. It’s basically a rugby scrum but with 300 lb lineman. I personally know 2 guys who broke their necks and are permanently paralyzed from rugby scrums due to weight of the scrum catching someone in an awkward position when it collapsed downwards.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
Flatlyner was probably right, Donald will come in and play lights out and Purty will probably not play again this season.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Excellent. Enjoy your time off fucker.

CanadaRam

No guts, No glory.
Name
Andrew
I'm expecting Purdy to play.
Seems like a speed run through the concussion protocol after announcing it 2 games after the game.

Call me a sceptic but if 49ers win and Purdy plays well and does not blow the game with his 2 INTs, I think Purdy never enters the protocol.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Call me a sceptic but if 49ers win and Purdy plays well and does not blow the game with his 2 INTs, I think Purdy never enters the protocol.
That thought crossed my mind too.

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
Really doesn't matter.

Darnold would have been just as good, or bad depending on Shannahans calls and the other players ability to execute those plays properly.

dang

Legend
The key to the 69ers is not Purdy. It’s not Dweebo. Kittle and Aiyuk are good weapons to have in their back pocket. But the key, the gas in the tank, the push in the tush is McCaffrey. Watch him this week to see if he’s recovered but he has looked about 75% the last 2 weeks. That brings him down to earth to an average RB. Until he gets back close to 100% the 69ers will struggle on offense.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
The key to the 69ers is not Purdy. It’s not Dweebo. Kittle and Aiyuk are good weapons to have in their back pocket. But the key, the gas in the tank, the push in the tush is McCaffrey. Watch him this week to see if he’s recovered but he has looked about 75% the last 2 weeks. That brings him down to earth to an average RB. Until he gets back close to 100% the 69ers will struggle on offense.
I'd be really sad if CMC didn't finish the season. :sarcasm:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

If Brock Purdy suffers another concussion today, NFL will have a mess on its hands​

49ers quarterback Brock Purdy, six days after suffering a concussion on Monday night in Minnesota. He’s received all appropriate and required clearances, both from team doctors and from an independent neurologist.

So he’s good to go. Ready to roll. Fit as a proverbial fiddle.

And if he suffers another concussion today, the NFL will be scraping something smelly from its shoes.

Even though it would be a separate injury, the obvious outcry would be that he shouldn’t have been cleared to play. Last year, Dolphins quarterback Tua Tagovailoa played on a Thursday night and ended up leaving on a stretcher, four days after a “back injury” that left him walking wobbly. The blowback was sudden and intense.

The clear difference in this case comes from the fact that Purdy was properly diagnosed with a concussion. He cleared the protocol, ultimately getting the blessing of a neurologist not affiliated with either team.

Of course, the neurologist is affiliated with the league. And the league has an obvious interest in having Purdy play in what arguably is the biggest game of the day, Bengals at 49ers, 4:25 p.m. ET on CBS.

The NFL has billed it as the No. 1 overall pick vs. Mr. Irrelevant. That pitch would have been even more irrelevant than Purdy, if Purdy hadn’t played.

“Independent” only means independence from the player’s team, which had a direct bias in favor of getting a player cleared to play. It’s not independence from the broader NFL apparatus.

That’s NOT meant to imply that any pressure was placed on the independent neurologist to clear Purdy; it’s just a recognition of the basic facts. The league doesn’t pluck a neurologist from the phone book with the one-off request to assess a single player. There’s an ongoing relationship there, and it’s impossible to separate the neurologist’s desire to maintain that relationship from the broader process of whether discretion will be exercised in favor of giving a game off, or whether caution will be thrown to the wind.

Was it a coincidence that, after Tua’s Thursday night concussion in 2022, only one player (Kenny Pickett) was cleared to return from a concussion without missing at least one game? Is it a coincidence that, with no league-wide concussion controversy (yet) this year, a player like Purdy got a ticket to play after only six days?

One thing is clear. The NFL will indeed have its first concussion controversy of 2023, if Purdy suffers another concussion today.

TXRams86

The Infamous
Eh fuck Purdy, CMC and Rat Face. If the Niners want to rush their stars out there without giving them the proper time to recover and the league supports it, their fans can shit all over Rat Face when they get injured again. They're always complaining about being the 49IRs but their head coach is a fuckin' moron when it comes to handling player injuries.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
If that is the case, I for one hope the NFL has another concussion controversy after today. F##k Purdy, Shany, and the rest of the farty whiners.