Breakfast w/Bernie: In Sam We Trust

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

News Bot

01001000 01101001
Name
News Bot
In today's episode, Bernie tells us why he is looking for big things from Sam Bradford in 2013.

[pd]2386764981001[/pd]

nighttrain

Legend
everyone sayin Bradford needs to step up, I say he just needs the recognition, had a fine finish last season to build on
train

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I've seen a couple of these "Breakfasts with Bernie" now.

Bernie looks like he's been skipping the actual breakfasts ... poor Bernie needs to eat some of those Papa Johns pizzas he's peddling asap. That or a fucking ham sandwich .

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
He's in his mom's basement - isn't he. :sly:

I think his points are correct - though IMO - extremely obvious to anyone paying attention.

So tired of this breakout year crap. And it's only going to continue - pretty much no matter what.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
RamFan503 said:
He's in his mom's basement - isn't he. :sly:

I think his points are correct - though IMO - extremely obvious to anyone paying attention.

So tired of this breakout year crap. And it's only going to continue - pretty much no matter what.
And you can bet your life that Bernie will be the FIRST and the LOUDEST Bradford critic if Sam hiccups the wrong way. It's a setup, and we've all seen Bernie do tihs before - it's how he makes his "living".

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I like these pieces.

Anytime the local media talks Rams is a good thing.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Sam just needs to have one knockout game and people will be jumping on the Bradford Bandwagon.

Thing is, I don't think it will take much more than he's already shown in terms of his own ability. Just give the guy some solid pass pro and a couple of receivers who can actually separate and won't fall down as soon as they catch the ball. I truly believe that's all he needs to put up some big numbers and points in a big game.

I would love to see him light up the Cowboys in Dallas.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
max said:
Sam just needs to have one knockout game and people will be jumping on the Bradford Bandwagon.

Thing is, I don't think it will take much more than he's already shown in terms of his own ability. Just give the guy some solid pass pro and a couple of receivers who can actually separate and won't fall down as soon as they catch the ball. I truly believe that's all he needs to put up some big numbers and points in a big game.

For sure that's all true and we have seen flashes of excellent talent from Bradford.

That aside Bernie is fun to beat up on because he is fast becoming the most uninteresting guy to read when it comes to the Rams. He is Mr. Keensenseoftheobvious and kinda has been for awhile. He's gotten lazy IMO and just farts out this kinda stuff.

Sometimes it seems like he doesn't even care and is just gleaning topics from national guys and Rams message boards. Oh well.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I try to to avoid these Bradford threads.
I believe in Sam,he's got all the physical tools and smarts to be a very good QB in this league...in a nutshell he just needs to show MUCH better instincts. Having said that,a 2nd year in the same offense will definately help,as well as some more talented targets to throw to,better pass pro etc...

This IS a big year for Sam though...if you think otherwise then pass me what you're smokin.' :bg:

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
max said:

I will be at that game in the middle of all those Cowboy fans! Hopefully we light it up! The family I'm going with (13 family members) are all Cowboy fans and we have a jersey bet at the end of the game. PRAYING TO GOD I DONT HAVE TO WEAR A PEICE OF SHIT COWBOY JERSEY.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
So, what if Sam doesn't meet everyones expectations? Then what? What is it exactly that everyone expects we do?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Stranger said:
So, what if Sam doesn't meet everyones expectations? Then what? What is it exactly that everyone expects we do?
Storm the castle. Take up arms. Write our Senators. Boycott games.

Sent via Tapatalk2.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Stranger said:
Well for myself it's about Sam individually. Wins and losses will happen as a team.

Sam needs to become more instinctual and decisive making his reads and improvising when things break down. Take more chances in tight coverage at times...etc. IMO

I think a 2nd year in the same offense will help with all of those things.

If he still looks average after next season then well...i think it may be time to look at A.Davis and/or draft another QB for the 2015 season.

Like i said in my first post though,i think Sam has a big year ahead of him.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
X said:
Stranger said:

Sent via Tapatalk2.
Right... exactly.

Is the Rams FO really going to "dump" (eg. trade, cut, whatever?) Sam if he doesn't have some kind of banner year... whatever that is?

All this talk does is give media, critical fans, and Ramstalk a reason for existing as they foam at the mouth and tell the rest of us that they were "right" about Sam all along. The entire narrative seems to me to be a setup for an attack on Sam by whomever sees fit for whatever reason they deem justifyable.

This used to be called "yellow journalism" back in the day.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Stranger said:
X said:
Stranger said:

Sent via Tapatalk2.
Right... exactly.

Is the Rams FO really going to "dump" (eg. trade, cut, whatever?) Sam if he doesn't have some kind of banner year... whatever that is?

All this talk does is give media, critical fans, and Ramstalk a reason for existing as they foam at the mouth and tell the rest of us that they were "right" about Sam all along. The entire narrative seems to me to be a setup for an attack on Sam by whomever sees fit for whatever reason they deem justifyable.

Which is the nature of the beast, really. You have to stir the pot if you want site hits. Site hits generate revenue. That extends to every site. ESPN, the PD, CBS Sports, NFL.com, etc. With the exception of private boards like this one and others.

Now here's where the differentiation begins. Some sites (privately owned sites, mind you) don't mind the vitriol from the "Bradford detractors." Those sites subscribe to the theory that differing opinions (no matter how extreme) make a forum "lively." Those sites have succumbed to the idea that boards where everyone agrees with each other are boards that are essentially worthless. They believe it's good to "mix it up." I say, horseshit. It's definitely good to have contrasting opinions, but it's never good to have posters who are SO invested in the idea that Bradford is "garbage", that they become the center of attention. That's when other boards become contaminated.

If you think Bradford is *not* the answer, then great. I totally respect that opinion. All anyone wants is an intelligent and well-thought-out debate that centers around mutual respect. This is, afterall, a community that subscribes to a mutual passion. The St Louis Rams. Sam Bradford is not a player that has "duped" the Franchise. He's not a "me-first guy." He's not trying to look out for his own best interest. He's not a complainer, and he's not a guy who puts himself above everyone else.

Sam Bradford is a guy you can root for. If he fails, he fails. But it certainly won't be the result of a lack of effort or intentional sabotage on his part. He's a stand-up guy. He's trying. Really hard. If that's the kind of guy you root *against*, then (IMO), you really need to reevaluate your priorities.

GO RAMS!

GO SAM!

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
X said:
Stranger said:
X said:
Stranger said:

Sent via Tapatalk2.
Right... exactly.

Which is the nature of the beast, really. You have to stir the pot if you want site hits. Site hits generate revenue. That extends to every site. ESPN, the PD, CBS Sports, NFL.com, etc. With the exception of private boards like this one and others.

Now here's where the differentiation begins. Some sites (privately owned sites, mind you) don't mind the vitriol from the "Bradford detractors." Those sites subscribe to the theory that differing opinions (no matter how extreme) make a forum "lively." Those sites have succumbed to the idea that boards where everyone agrees with each other are boards that are essentially worthless. They believe it's good to "mix it up." I say, horseshit. It's definitely good to have contrasting opinions, but it's never good to have posters who are SO invested in the idea that Bradford is "garbage", that they become the center of attention. That's when other boards become contaminated.

If you think Bradford is *not* the answer, then great. I totally respect that opinion. All anyone wants is an intelligent and well-thought-out debate that centers around mutual respect. This is, afterall, a community that subscribes to a mutual passion. The St Louis Rams. Sam Bradford is not a player that has "duped" the Franchise. He's not a "me-first guy." He's not trying to look out for his own best interest. He's not a complainer, and he's not a guy who puts himself above everyone else.

Sam Bradford is a guy you can root for. If he fails, he fails. But it certainly won't be the result of a lack of effort or intentional sabotage on his part. He's a stand-up guy. He's trying. Really hard. If that's the kind of guy you root *against*, then (IMO), you really need to reevaluate your priorities.

GO RAMS!

GO SAM!
Can I simplify it this way.... just keep in objective open mind on Bradford, that's all I ask :)