Brandon Staley

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

oldnotdead

Legend
There are a whole lot of rumblings about if the Chargers don't go deep into the playoffs is Staley's job in jeopardy? If the Chargers fire him after this year do the Rams re-hire him?

IMO it should be an emphatic "Hell Yeah." McVay can kick Raheem upstairs to a "consulting" job for a year so he can see how a real defense is run.

This defense has top ten potential due to the talent they have on defense. If this defense can return to being a top 10 unit with the offense they have the Rams are a legit SB contender.

tempests

Hall of Fame
he can see how a real defense is run.

I'm glad you and Brandon Staley get along now. It's definitely revisionist history though because you hated his scheme when he was here.

"Staley has taken the aggression out of the defense by forcing them to read before they react to the snap. That is idiotic...The problem was Staley only turned the front dogs loose and let the rest wander around with their thumbs up their asses...WTF is the dude thinking?? He's an incompetent DC who is in way over his head....The problem is they are handicapped by an incompetent DC...But he has his DE and DT playing a one-gap technique. WTF?? That was the clear tipoff to me he has no clue what he's doing....That is completely idiotic, there is no other way to say it. He's making up his own half-ass scheme and it ain't working....This scheme is making everyone in the defense look bad in the same way Kromer made the o-line look bad with his blocking scheme. Don't blame the players, blame the coaches because Staley is the problem....That is exactly what happened. Staley single-handedly lost that game for the Rams by being incompetent."

https://ramsondemand.com/threads/defensive-philosophy.62420/page-2#post-1355881

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Let’s see what Morris has this season before trying to out him before the season has started. If anything Pleasant might get upped to DC if Morris leaves or gets canned

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
I'm glad you and Brandon Staley get along now. It's definitely revisionist history though because you hated his scheme when he was here.

"Staley has taken the aggression out of the defense by forcing them to read before they react to the snap. That is idiotic...The problem was Staley only turned the front dogs loose and let the rest wander around with their thumbs up their asses...WTF is the dude thinking?? He's an incompetent DC who is in way over his head....The problem is they are handicapped by an incompetent DC...But he has his DE and DT playing a one-gap technique. WTF?? That was the clear tipoff to me he has no clue what he's doing....That is completely idiotic, there is no other way to say it. He's making up his own half-ass scheme and it ain't working....This scheme is making everyone in the defense look bad in the same way Kromer made the o-line look bad with his blocking scheme. Don't blame the players, blame the coaches because Staley is the problem....That is exactly what happened. Staley single-handedly lost that game for the Rams by being incompetent."

Bryan Cranston Mic Drop GIF

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We're definitely seeing a love hate relationship with him and Staley, guess it depends on which way the winds blowing?

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

i'm guessing this was after the bills game? we were all frothing at the mouth with the performance at the end of the game.

the d kind of morphed after that game into the number 1 unit after that game.

still, with no AD staley's d succumbed without a whimper. they even made aaron rodgers look good in a playoff game. now that's bad d.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
There are a whole lot of rumblings about if the Chargers don't go deep into the playoffs is Staley's job in jeopardy? If the Chargers fire him after this year do the Rams re-hire him?

IMO it should be an emphatic "Hell Yeah." McVay can kick Raheem upstairs to a "consulting" job for a year so he can see how a real defense is run.

This defense has top ten potential due to the talent they have on defense. If this defense can return to being a top 10 unit with the offense they have the Rams are a legit SB contender.
Didn't Brandon's defense blow a 28 pt lead last yr in the playoffs?

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

This about the funniest thing I have ever read on this site. :laugh4::laugh4::laugh4::laugh4::laugh4:

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
If we have a top ten D this year you can be sure Morris is gone. No way he sticks around. So in theory if BS has a bad year the rams might be interested. If he's even available

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
To be fair to OldnotDead, I cringe at some of my comments from years ago where I've looked just as silly today.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
To be fair to OldnotDead, I cringe at some of my comments from years ago where I've looked just as silly today.
I wa Ted to draft Jimmy Clausen. I think breaking my keyboard for typing that is the least I should do.