Brandon Scherff

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Are you friggin high? There's no coach that can poop a turd in a tortilla, add cheese and salsa and make a burrito. Despite the efforts it's still a piece of crap. Wells and Daven can play the same position, at the same time, and still give up a TFL.
Not high, but perhaps you were too high to actually read my message.

I wasn't saying anything about Wells and Joseph, so that's failure #1 right there. I was talking about the idea some have of adding another 1st round pick to the line. That would put two 1st round picks and a 2nd round pick literally 1 pick away from being a 1st round pick on that line. There IS something in between that level of investment and nothing. What I said is that a top notch OL coach should be able to make a good line without that level of investment.

But as long as you brought up Wells and Joseph... we've only talked about whether it's Fisher or Schotty who kept them starting... but I refuse to believe the OL coach had no input on who was starting, and he certainly should have coached someone we had on the bench to be better than one of those two.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
Iowa fan/alum here. I watched all the Iowa games this season (and boy was that painful) and Scherff does have some trouble with speed rushers. That being said, he's a skilled mauler who plays angry.

I see him as a Zack Martin type player. Not necessarily based on style of play, but as a tackle who will in all likelihood move to guard and play at a very high level from day one.

Like most of the projected first round Hawkeye linemen I expect Scherff to slip a bit after the combine because he probably won't have "elite" numbers.

I think the Rams could theoretically trade down and still be able to draft him if they stay in the first twenty picks.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Iowa fan/alum here. I watched all the Iowa games this season (and boy was that painful) and Scherff does have some trouble with speed rushers. That being said, he's a skilled mauler who plays angry.

I see him as a Zack Martin type player. Not necessarily based on style of play, but as a tackle who will in all likelihood move to guard and play at a very high level from day one.

Like most of the projected first round Hawkeye linemen I expect Scherff to slip a bit after the combine because he probably won't have "elite" numbers.

I think the Rams could theoretically trade down and still be able to draft him if they stay in the first twenty picks.

I wouldn't be surprised if he did well at the Combine. He's going to murder the bench because he's strong as an ox, known for being a weight room warrior, and doesn't have long arms. Plus, I think he'll run a relatively fast 40. He seems to be explosive and fairly fast in a straight-line. IMO, his issues are with lateral agility and his kick-slide.