Brandon Marshall a Giant...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Psycho_X

Legend
Even Eli will probably show some visible excitement/emotion over this signing.

Eli Manning was quoted as saying, "This makes me feel, I think."

ZajmqylaCmd0s.gif

3o6EhUb6dROA3QXmj6.gif

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Help me out. I thought free agency started at 4:00pm on Thursday, and this was just a negotiation period. Why are they announcing Marshall having a contract?

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Only way I see them getting him is if 49ers get Cousins

I agreed with you on Garcon not wanting to come here, not because of Goff but because we are in a rebuild. I dont think Garcon would go to the 49ers either though for the exact same reason and even if they got Cousins, I dont think that is the deal closer for Garcon.

Im surprised there are so many rumors of him going to (at the moment) losing franchises. Figured he would want to align with a team with a chance to win.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Big body that can run good routes, great addition to OBJ.
And guys a great leader/mentor now....get rid of follower Cruz...old guy that wanna act young, and grab a vet that's been through it...and will tell guys, lets get the hell off this boat and get ready for the playoffs.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Help me out. I thought free agency started at 4:00pm on Thursday, and this was just a negotiation period. Why are they announcing Marshall having a contract?

Legal tampering period has started. Nothing can be official or signed till Thursday, but you can talk about structure of deals and agree verbally.

Psycho_X

Legend

Marshall was cut by the Jets already so he's free to do whatever he wants. I don't think the contract can necessarily be signed officially until the new league year starts but he's free to publically say it's a done deal.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Have we even been linked to anyone yet? It's been awfully quiet

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The buzz here in DC is that a deal is almost done to ship Cousins to SF for draft picks. Supposedly the deal was made at the combine.
But a conflicting report Just came out that it was completely false. Gotta love free agency

Ram65

Legend
Heard this earlier. It's great deal for the Giants and Marshall. He stays in New York and does have to go through the moving headaches. Marshall, Beckham and Sterling Shepard not Sharp (lol) make a WR corp. He could have gotten maybe 7-8 Million elsewhere.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/08/brandon-marshall-giants-agree-to-deal/

Brandon Marshall, Giants agree to deal
Posted by Josh Alper on March 8, 2017, 9:41 AM EST
626169888-e1488984052791.jpg
Getty Images
Wide receiver Brandon Marshall is done with the Jets, but he’ll reportedly still be playing his home games at MetLife Stadium.

According to multiple reports, Marshall has agreed to a two-year, $12 million deal to join the Giants as a free agent. Marshall was released by the Jets so he’s eligible to sign a deal ahead of the start of the new league year at 4 p.m. ET on Thursday.

Marshall’s arrival gives the Giants an enviable receiving corps for the 2017 season. He’ll give the team an upgrade over the departed Victor Cruz as an outside receiver opposite Odell Beckham and Sterling Shepard adds another threat in the slot as the Giants try to get more productive on offense than they were while advancing to the postseason last year.

If they can repeat that playoff trip, it would mark the first time in his career that Marshall is on a team that plays beyond the final weekend of the regular season. If Marshall’s presence provides the desired boost to their offensive production, the Giants will likely have designs on more than just a cameo appearance in the playoffs this time around.