Brandon Jacobs On Harbaugh

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Lunchbox

Starter
Name
LunchBox
Sounds like he's blaming his lack of playing time on Hairball instead of his own injuries but I thought it was funny anyway.

http://tracking.si.com/2014/01/23/brandon-jacobs-rips-49ers-jim-harbaugh/?sct=obinsite

Posted January 23, 2014
Ex-NFL RB Brandon Jacobs rips 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh
NFL
By Scooby Axson
ap912474058043.jpg

Brandon Jacobs finished his career with with 5,094 running yards and 2 Super Bowl rings. (AP Photo/Seth Perlman)
Former NFL running back Brandon Jacobs reflected on his short stint with the San Francisco 49ers by ripping coach Jim Harbaugh in a radio interview.
“He is a b—-, and that’s why he’s never won anything,” Jacobs said of Harbaugh on WFAN’s “Boomer & Carton” show.
Jacobs signed with the 49ers in 2012 after spending his first seven seasons with the New York Giants, but he played only two games because of injury. Jacobs said felt like he being held hostage in San Francisco.
Jacobs was suspended by the 49ers for posting social media messages criticizing the team for his lack of playing time and eventually spent his final NFL season back with the Giants.
FARRAR: New England Patriots, San Francisco 49ers each face serious offseason questions
“I have one regret in my career, and that’s going to the 49ers when I could have stayed in New York,” Jacobs said. “I just wanted to see what stuff was like with another team and it didn’t work out.”
“It is what it is,” he said. “I’ve got two rings. Harbaugh, though, he’s a b—-. So it doesn’t matter.”
Tags: Brandon Jacobs, Jim Harbaugh, NFL, San Francisco 49ers

moklerman

Warner-phile
Would have respected his frankness if he'd said these things before he was out of football. A lot of people seem to enjoy his quotes because they don't like the 49ers but I just think he's a pussy.

Lunchbox

Starter
Name
LunchBox
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
You're right on all counts Moklerman.

The fact that he got himself suspended that season says a lot about where his priorities were - a me first attitude doesn't work well in a team sport. It also explains his resentment towards Harbaugh.

I did enjoy his quotes because I don't like the 9ers or Harbaugh but they were obviously sour grapes.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Oh ardunno ,Jacobs could be right and a bitch himself,just sayin, I think Harbaugh is a bit of a bitch when things don't go his way in a game, watching him flail about like a six year old on the sideline lends some credence to Jacobs observations, I much prefer Fisher's sideline demeanor, in fact I can't think of anyone who behaves in a more adult but intense way than Fish .
Never been a fan of kids who throw their toys, stomp , pout ,you get the picture

moklerman

Warner-phile
Oh ardunno ,Jacobs could be right and a bitch himself,just sayin, I think Harbaugh is a bit of a bitch when things don't go his way in a game, watching him flail about like a six year old on the sideline lends some credence to Jacobs observations, I much prefer Fisher's sideline demeanor, in fact I can't think of anyone who behaves in a more adult but intense way than Fish .
Never been a fan of kids who throw their toys, stomp , pout ,you get the picture
True. I very much dislike Harbaugh's outbursts and theatrics but I respect him as a coach.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
He's the second player I've heard call Harpuke a beatch. The other was a very smart Stanford LB while Harball was still coaching there. I also remember Harpuke's playing days very well. Given what I've seen, I'd say Brandon is right.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
True. I very much dislike Harbaugh's outbursts and theatrics but I respect him as a coach.
Having been a coach myself ,I have a difficult time separating the two,IMO my first responsibility as a coach was to exhibit the same demeanor I demanded ,to model it and if I lost my composure to be sure and note it to the players not to hold a double standard ,IMO you teach as much through what you do as you do through what you say.
So "respect him as"? no. FOR his ability to get results even though he acts like a lil bitch,yeah I'll give him that.

I've coached with guys like him,it was always hard for me to keep from slapping them and telling them to grow the fuck up.