Brandon Allen, QB Arkansas in Liberty Bowl

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
This afternoon.

He will be 60% complete and accurate.

Plays under center.Pro style offense.

Good feet.

Good mobility for a pocket passer. You won't see any zone read but will run assortment of WCO roll outs and boots

Throws on time.

Average to good arm.

Durable.

Slightly below ideal height -6'2".

I believe the highest QBR in College Football that played all 12 games in the SEC.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It doesn't bother you that Connor Cook has a higher career completion percentage than Allen? ;)

Allen is interesting. Still haven't had a chance to evaluate him yet. But I need to. He's come out of nowhere and had a very nice year.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
20-26
315 yards
76.9%
12.12 YPA
187.3 rating
1 TD
1 Int.

Not worried about Connor Cook. He didn't play in the SEC;)

Memphis Ram

Legend
It doesn't bother you that Connor Cook has a higher career completion percentage than Allen? ;)

Allen is interesting. Still haven't had a chance to evaluate him yet. But I need to. He's come out of nowhere and had a very nice year.

I saw that Allen had a 65.1% completion percentage this year and was like, huh? :thinking:
Totally missed the "career" prerequisite.

FRO

Legend
I watched this and was highly impressed. I want to see more. He looked like a good second round option in this video, but is rated a 6th round pick by NFL draft scouts. They know more than me.

View: http://youtu.be/C_2yEhY4qhw

FRO

Legend

The difference between the two is Allen improved every year and Cook didn't. Cook is the same guy I watched when he was a sophomore and junior. Which is aggravating because his physical tools are great. His mechanics break down and it's frustrating he hasn't improved that over the years.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The difference between the two is Allen improved every year and Cook didn't. Cook is the same guy I watched when he was a sophomore and junior. Which is aggravating because his physical tools are great. His mechanics break down and it's frustrating he hasn't improved that over the years.

Except he's not.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm going to need a little more explanation than that.

Poise under pressure, decision making, and mental acuity have all improved significantly. Mechanical improvements are not typical in college. Don't have the same caliber of coaching as there is in the NFL.

FRO

Legend
Poise under pressure, decision making, and mental acuity have all improved significantly. Mechanical improvements are not typical in college. Don't have the same caliber of coaching as there is in the NFL.
If he can just fix the mechanics he will be a very good QB.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
If he can just fix the mechanics he will be a very good QB.

And there have been some suggestions that he is not well liked by teammates. I never watched Cook play and come away thinking he looked like a guy I'd use a first round pick on.

FRO

Legend
And there have been some suggestions that he is not well liked by teammates. I never watched Cook play and come away thinking he looked like a guy I'd use a first round pick on.
Yeah I don't know anything about his personality and that absolutely has to factor in after seeing divas like RGIII and Kaepernick. He makes a few throws a game that are impressive. He displays guts and good accuracy at times. He has first round talent, but I don't think he has put the whole thing together.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Those rumors have been pretty consistent, but the NFL teams will nuke that stuff like crazy. If he is a diva in the locker room or just a d!c#head, well, gotta think it will come out and the dude will drop a bit.

If true that stuff does concern me. I am a believer in good leadership in the huddle mattering at the QB position.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
:hijack:

Jeez, get a room, er, thread guys

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
:hijack:

Jeez, get a room, er, thread guys

Whoops! I did watch his game, albeit part of it was when the wife insisted I take her out to dinner so had to be my favorite restaurant with a big bar TV in sight range lol. What I really like about him is his ability to throw in the face of pressure. It is something I have noticed consistently with him while I watch their games for the TE Henry. :p

tahoe

Pro Bowler
He does seem to have good pocket presence and moves well in the pocket, He also seems to throw well on the run and has pretty good mobility, He doesnt look like he has the strongest arm but strong enough, he is intriguing as maybe a 3rd round prospect.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Thank you