Brandin Cooks to Rams for a 1st: blockbuster

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ljramsfan

Pro Bowler
Name
LJ
What the f I just saw this on my phone and I'm like this is a f****** terrible trade. They better have some excellent plan for this guy. Wow!!!

DLux27

Rookie
Cooks is a beast! Hopefully there is an agreement for an extension cheaper than what Watkins signed for otherwise not sure if I like it...

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
He's a UFA at seasons end. Another Watkins but smaller. Yes, he's been more productive, but honestly a much cheaper WR option could have potentially been Ridley or DJ Moore.

JRobinson

MiLB
Pissed on this one.. don't get it bro! Lose a first round pick and he's on the last year of his rookie deal?! Someone tell me I've overreacting..

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah I feel like we overpaid.. but you know what if Mcvay wanted him and it works out for us, idc.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Draft is going to be a bit boring for the Rams at the top, thats for sure.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
I like this! Not love because I was hoping on a first round line backer and love the draft process

BUT he is a true deep threat with great hands and separation. This guy is young and has been balling since he entered the league.

Mcvay didn't want wade having all the fun this off season !

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hearing the news here in New England and broke it first on the radio, apparently the Rams and patriots have been discussing a trade for over a month before Odell opportunity. Something must’ve snagged with the giants or they were standing firm on there ask. Could be to that Odell was asking for too much and we simply couldn’t pay it with our future obligations.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not sure I like this at all .... must be happy with in house linebackers

Ram_Fan

Rookie
Name
Ken
That's our speed guy. Picking 23rd this year won't come up with the talent that Cooks bring in my opinion. The thing is he only for one year rental? That's my concern.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Like this except for the "one-year-rental" angle. Rams now have most 4th and 6th round picks in draft... evar!

As to 100 thou cap space, that will be eaten up quickly by contracts for sure and the problem with signing Cooks is that we don't have leverage to sign him. Just as we didn't have any leverage to sign Watkins. Unless... a franchise tag is used on him.