Bradley Marquez

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FRO

Legend
I know he has only 7 catches for 40 yards, but I would like to see him get more offensive playing time. We know what Britt and Quick are. I think Marquez deserved more time. He moves well out there. He may suck, but he may be something to hold onto going forward.

Athos

Legend
I don't think he sucks at all.

Hell, I think he'd have at least a half dozen to dozen more catches with a competent QB and a LT not constantly holding Dlineman.

Dude should probably have broken a 100 yards total awhile ago. I've seen him flying open, wide open, in the limited time he gets.

I think he's a keeper.

FRO

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hell, I think he'd have at least a half dozen to dozen more catches with a competent QB and a LT not constantly holding Dlineman.

Dude should probably have broken a 100 yards total awhile ago. I've seen him flying open, wide open, in the limited time he gets.

I think he's a keeper.
I've liked what I've seen from him. My he may suck comment was if he plays more we may find out he sucks. I'm not sure he does though and from what I've seen he is as good as our other WRs.

I also want to see more Welker too. We may want to retain him after the season if he looks like he is still a contributor. Forget Torry and Ike, I would settle for Amendola right now.

Psycho_X

Legend
Completely agree, I've been harping for him for a few weeks now. Plus, he seems like he is still giving it 110% out there every play. Would like to see more playing time for him.

Athos

Legend
Completely agree, I've been harping for him for a few weeks now. Plus, he seems like he is still giving it 110% out there every play. Would like to see more playing time for him.

That's what I like. Especially on that 35? yarder that called back for penalties. Dude catches it and is running hard ASAP. Dude seems pretty darn fast too. A 4.5 at his pro day it seems. Seems faster than that.

Alan

Legend
FRO seeing the value in new faces:
I know he has only 7 catches for 40 yards, but I would like to see him get more offensive playing time. We know what Britt and Quick are. I think Marquez deserved more time. He moves well out there. He may suck, but he may be something to hold onto going forward.
What's the point of continually playing players who you don't see as long term solutions (Britt & Quick to name two) when you have a chance to give a player with potential an opportunity to to get some experience and for the Rams to get a better idea about what they have now and what they still need. Good idea FRO.

TexasRam

Legend
Marquez shows ability to get open.

Get him in there.

His run blocking has been abysmal so far though, needs to work on that.

FRO

Legend
Chris Givens was our best WR, and we traded him.
I don't know how good Givens is, but I agree trading him for basically nothing was a bad move. He made some plays for us this year after having a great preseason.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I don't know how good Givens is, but I agree trading him for basically nothing was a bad move. He made some plays for us this year after having a great preseason.

Yeah, it was a head scratcher... I figured at the time that it must have been a personality clash or something.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron

I think he's a keeper.
Pretty much the same can be said for all our WRs, they're getting open.. We just don't have anybody to get it to them and haven't for like 4 years and then they take all the flack for it.

FRO

Legend
Pretty much the same can be said for all our WRs, they're getting open.. We just don't have anybody to get it to them and haven't for like 4 years and then they take all the flack for it.
Out QB play has suffered since Bradford went down, however I disagree that out WRs are any good. They have been part of the problem.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Chris Givens was our best WR, and we traded him.

You forgot the blue font. Lol.

He was at the bottom of the depth chart and a free agent at the end of the year. Getting anything for him was a coup.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Out QB play has suffered since Bradford went down, however I disagree that out WRs are any good. They have been part of the problem.
They've had a drop problem earlier in the season, but that as slowed to a crawl since and they've been getting open almost every game since and Foles and Keenum have just refused to hit them. Quick especially has suffered this, just look in that reasons why Foles should start thread, I posted a couple of gifs and there's at least 5 overthrows to Quick and that's just in one game, that's not counting the misses we all saw in Minnesota and even against San Fran and Cleveland, those just don't come up as much because Gurley stole the show. With how limited opportunities in the NFL are as a whole, being overthrown multiple times is damning, so I can't say they've been a big part of the problem when they've tightened up where they needed to and somebody else continues to let THEM down.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Texas Tech wide receiver?

Destined for greatness!!!!

Throw it to this kid more.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I am glad we have Marquez. If they take the time to develop him further he could be what Welker is supposed to be IMO. I think he is the second best WR on the team when it comes to getting open, behind Welker.

Great find.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Except for the part where I wasn't joking. I mean besides Austin, who isn't a true WR, more of an all purpose weapon, none of these guys impress me at all anymore.

And yet he wasn't playing over any of them. And stunk up the field in 2013 when we tried to make him our #1 WR.