Bradford's Injury Lingered

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Complete J.T. Article here

The high-ankle sprain that plagued Bradford for much of the 2011 season didn't completely heal until two months into the offseason, according to Fisher.

"Sam finished his rehab probably about a month ago," Fisher said. "The ankle lingered a little bit in the offseason. He's in good shape now."

Bradford suffered the injury Oct. 16 on the Rams' last offensive play in Green Bay. The ankle never got totally healthy after that game as Bradford missed six games altogether and four of the last five. After the season, Fisher said team medical officials wanted Bradford to stay off the ankle as much as possible to let it heal.

"Now had it been during the season, they probably would've taken a different approach to the rehab," Fisher said. "But they felt the best thing for him was to just shut it down. My understanding is that as part of his rehab, he has been doing his drops and sets, and throwing some balls. But we're not permitted to be a part of that."

(As part of the offseason rules, coaches aren't allowed to work with players, or even watch them work, early in the offseason.)

But with the Rams' offseason program starting next week, Bradford is expected to do some voluntary throwing. (Again, coaches can't be part of that for a couple of weeks.)

"In talking with the trainer, he's cleared and ready to throw the ball a little bit," Fisher said.

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
I think we all knew he was still having effects from the injury throughout the season. Hopefully something like that doesn't happen again anytime soon. Just need better protection.

steferfootball

Starter
iBruce said:
I think we all knew he was still having effects from the injury throughout the season. Hopefully something like that doesn't happen again anytime soon. Just need better protection.
Yeah, it was prety obvious. Just wehn it seemed like he got some confidence back in the leg, he tweaked it. :(

Also, "(As part of the offseason rules, coaches aren't allowed to work with players, or even watch them work, early in the offseason.)

But with the Rams' offseason program starting next week, Bradford is expected to do some voluntary throwing. (Again, coaches can't be part of that for a couple of weeks.)"

What a silly rule. smh

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
steferfootball said:
iBruce said:
Yeah, it was prety obvious. Just wehn it seemed like he got some confidence back in the leg, he tweaked it. :(

Also, "(As part of the offseason rules, coaches aren't allowed to work with players, or even watch them work, early in the offseason.)

But with the Rams' offseason program starting next week, Bradford is expected to do some voluntary throwing. (Again, coaches can't be part of that for a couple of weeks.)"

What a silly rule. smh

Exactly. What are these kids in High School still? Do you get the feeling Fisher is trying to drive home that these rules are silly and need to be changed? He constantly seems to bring them up. Anyone know the rationale for the no contact rules?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
RamFan503 said:
steferfootball said:
iBruce said:

What a silly rule. smh

Exactly. What are these kids in High School still? Do you get the feeling Fisher is trying to drive home that these rules are silly and need to be changed? He constantly seems to bring them up. Anyone know the rationale for the no contact rules?
I don't know, but it might have something to do with not giving any teams an unfair advantage, or others a disadvantage. With free agency and coaching staff hires still going on, the teams that are making minimal changes (or no changes at all) would have a significant advantage over the teams that are still sorting that out. So, I guess, in order to make a level playing field, they set a specific date that everyone should have all their ducks in a row and can start working on stuff.

Or not. Again, I have no idea.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
WARNING LANGUAGE - SUBJECT

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7zaeyWCp0o[/youtube]

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
X said:
RamFan503 said:
steferfootball said:
iBruce said:

What a silly rule. smh

I don't know, but it might have something to do with not giving any teams an unfair advantage, or others a disadvantage. With free agency and coaching staff hires still going on, the teams that are making minimal changes (or no changes at all) would have a significant advantage over the teams that are still sorting that out. So, I guess, in order to make a level playing field, they set a specific date that everyone should have all their ducks in a row and can start working on stuff.

Yeah - it seems to me that owners would be forced to be on top of it and if they are going to replace a HC, they better get it done. The coaches and players should have every opportunity to prepare for such a brutal sport. NFL wants a better product with less injuries? Let them have every opportunity to perfect their trade and if teams are constantly changing staff, they are going to be behind the 8ball. Maybe it's me but it seems that this is the owners being lazy in cahoots with the players' union trying to get mandatory time off so that those who don't want to put in the time, have an easy excuse. Too cynical?

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
X said:
RamFan503 said:
steferfootball said:
iBruce said:

What a silly rule. smh

Except that the Rams get an extra mini-camp because of the new HC. How much help is this extra mini-camp if it falls during Draft week????

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
X said:
RamFan503 said:
steferfootball said:
iBruce said:

What a silly rule. smh

I'd see it as those teams getting an advantage in that situation. Everything is in place already. Nothing to install.

It's just another meaningless bullshit "win" for the players union that the owners let them have, cause it has nothing to do with money. It's all about getting out of practice, or I mean "keeping players safe."