Bradford Preparing for More Explosive Attack (101ESPN)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
ShaneG said:
Rambitious1 said:
ShaneG said:
Shane Gray provides special Rams commentaries on 101sports.com. Follow him on Twitter @ShaneGmoSTLRams.

The St. Louis Rams finished 25th in scoring a season ago after averaging 18.7 points per game, up from a last-in-the league 12.1 points per contest in 2011.

In this era of ever-increasing offensive output and wide-open, spread attacks, the Rams knew they must add explosive, proficient playmakers and ultimately increase the team’s scoring average if it were to realistically compete for division titles and NFC championships on a consistent basis.

That’s why we repeatedly heard St. Louis general manager Les Snead reiterate the need for one thing throughout the offseason: playmakers, playmakers and, yes, playmakers.

True to that mantra, the Rams focused on exactly that during free agency and the draft, adding athletic, fleet-footed hybrid tight end Jared Cook, selecting the year’s most exciting offensive prospect in slot man/returner Tavon Austin and by nabbing his productive, refined teammate Stedman Bailey.

When considering St. Louis possesses so many new weapons and an exceptionally young receiving corps overall, it’s vital that quarterback Sam Bradford and his new teammates efficiently develop chemistry. It’s no surprise then that Bradford – now in his fourth season – is taking full advantage of the opportunities to work with his new targets.

(Hope you guys enjoy full read via link below. Thanks as always)

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.101sports.com/2013/05/24/ram" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.101sports.com/2013/05/24/ram</a> ... po-attack/

Very nice article Shane.

What if anything, do you hear regarding the defense?
Specifically, how does Alec O look?
And, anything on the safety picture?

Thanks

Ogletree is looking terrific, particularly in coverage. Considering he likely ends up at SLB, that is particularly encouraging. At safety, Stewart is looking good and McDonald is showing much promise.

Hi Shane,

Thank you very much for your response.
Sounds very encouraging.

Have a good day.

Psycho_X

Legend
X said:
DR RAM said:
X said:
This is kinda interesting.

BiOBTxU.png

I thought maybe shotgun would be the ideal formation for all the speed we're putting on the field, and because that's the primary formation Bradford was in at OU. But maybe we just need a single-back (Pead/Richardson/Austin) and run multiple-receiver sets with plenty of motion. I'll be really interested to hear about what's going on at camp from you guys. What kind of formations you see, and things like that.
ZERO I formations??? Weird. New game, I guess.
Pretty sure I saw them motion into the I, but that doesn't count I guess.

Yeah was gonna say, unless I'm just thinking of the year before, it seemed like Kendricks motioned from the TE into an I formation some last year. Same for Mulligan i think it was.

SubZero405

UDFA
With all the new toys at the WR/TE positions, I think we are going to see the Sam from that awesome 2008 Sooner squad.