Bradford on Rams' 2013 Goal: "It's to win the Super Bowl."

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

News Bot

01001000 01101001
Name
News Bot
[vim]66846973[/vim]
<a class="postlink" href="http://vimeo.com/66846973" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://vimeo.com/66846973</a>

Speeps

Starter
Re: Bradford on Rams' 2013 Goal: "It's to win the Super Bowl

Something seems different about Sam Bradford. He comes across as confident and very focused. More importantly, he sounds like a leader.

A55VA6

Legend

This is now Sam's football team. He seems ready to lead us.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

Our boy is growing up right in front of our eyes.
Dude means business this year. And he's gonna deliver.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member

There's a few new post practice interviews up on the official site. I didn't watch this vid or them yet, but I imagine it's a snip from that.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion

Speeps said:
Something seems different about Sam Bradford. He comes across as confident and very focused. More importantly, he sounds like a leader.

I just said the same thing to my wife. He has really grown up. He has what appears to be a bit of "fire in him", which people (myself included) have been critical about. I also noticed that he just communicates better and seems to know exactly what he wants to say. No more of the "ya know" crutch that we heard so much of in the past. So excited for him. Hope he takes his game into the pantheon of the great QBs. I think he is ready.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick

For the life of me I don't see why some Rams fans don't like this Kid. Tell me he isn't going to be great. Mark my words this will be his breakout year where the monkey gets thrown off his back for being the #1 pick, ofc that's barring injury!

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

I think not being in Jackson's shadow is a large part of this. The Rams couldn't be Bradford's team until Jackson left. While it's unfortunate and I think the world of Jackson as a player and person it is often true in these kinds of situations. Jackson was the leader of the team for many years, and then along comes Bradford. You can't just take that kind of thing away from a guy and give it to another. The guy who is "the man" has to either give it to the new guy to be "the man", or he has leave the team. I'm not saying Jackson left so Bradford could be the man, but I am saying as a result of Jackson leaving Bradford is now The Man.

He seems ready based on how he comes across to assume the role.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

LesBaker said:
I think not being in Jackson's shadow is a large part of this. The Rams couldn't be Bradford's team until Jackson left. While it's unfortunate and I think the world of Jackson as a player and person it is often true in these kinds of situations. Jackson was the leader of the team for many years, and then along comes Bradford. You can't just take that kind of thing away from a guy and give it to another. The guy who is "the man" has to either give it to the new guy to be "the man", or he has leave the team. I'm not saying Jackson left so Bradford could be the man, but I am saying as a result of Jackson leaving Bradford is now The Man.

Totally agree.

F. Mulder

Starter

LesBaker said:

+100000 Les. That's how I see it.

Jackson was THE man and the Rams leader but now it's Sam's time and I think we will see even more of what he has to offer than the physical part of being an NFL QB.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole

There is no doubt in my mind that Jackson's departure has changed the leadership dynamic in a HUGE way. It sure seams to have had a positive effect on Bradford's demeanor.

Bradford is exuding confidence.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook

Maturity. That's right, Bradford is no longer a virgin. He finally gets it!!! He knows what he wants, how to say it, and he assumes the position with "fire."

Really guys? I think he sees what we all see. All the explosive weapons, a coach that isn't a weirdo, and second year in the same system. What many don't understand, not really talking about you guys, is Sam HAS ALWAYS been a product of the RAMS. The Rams were so average/poor under SpagsVaney. Seriously, what did he have to be so confident about other than Jackson and Ammendola? He liked all his teammates but EVEN HE admits it was a grind, I prefer struggle, scoring points with them. It's gonna come a lot easier now and he knows it.

Bradford is as good and confident as those around him.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion

mr.stlouis said:
Maturity. That's right, Bradford is no longer a virgin. He finally gets it!!! He knows what he wants, how to say it, and he assumes the position with "fire."

Really guys? I think he sees what we all see. All the explosive weapons, a coach that isn't a weirdo, and second year in the same system. What many don't understand, not really talking about you guys, is Sam HAS ALWAYS been a product of the RAMS. The Rams were so average/poor under SpagsVaney. Seriously, what did he have to be so confident about other than Jackson and Ammendola? He liked all his teammates but EVEN HE admits it was a grind, I prefer struggle, scoring points with them. It's gonna come a lot easier now and he knows it.

Bradford is as good and confident as those around him.

I know I use this gif a lot, but......

citizen-kane-clapping.gif

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

F. Mulder said:
LesBaker said:

Jackson was THE man and the Rams leader but now it's Sam's time and I think we will see even more of what he has to offer than the physical part of being an NFL QB.

Aways good to see the Fox......I know you from WAY back.....

Young Ram

Hall of Fame

CONFIDENCE. You can really tell. C'mon September come already!!

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler

COMPLETELY agree with everyone's points in this thread. This is as confident and mature as i have ever heard Sam speak in public. Like a previous poster mentioned, one of the biggest unsettling feelings I had about Sam was whether or not he had that confidence, almost borderline cockiness in him that most greats have. Now I'm not talking about guys who talk themselves up, but guys who go out there and EXPECT to win and kick ass, almost as if it was a guarantee whenever they stepped on the field... You know, that feeling you get when you're in the zone and you're convinced no one is better or will perform better than you-type feel. That chip and that arrogance is what I've been waiting to see in Bradford and I'm real excited to see him come out with that "swagger" attitude, if you will. He has definitely accepted the leadership role, and is exemplifying it with maturity and a level supreme confidence. Kudos to Fish, it's apparent he is rubbing off on everyone!

nighttrain

Legend

F. Mulder said:
LesBaker said:

Right on the target FM, the king is dead (gone) long live the new king
train

jap

Legend

I am sure that SJ's vacating of the leader role and passing it on to Sam was key. However, what is probably even bigger is Sam entering his second season in the same offensive scheme. He is no longer a QB struggling with a new system for still another season. He's now a veritable coach on the field for his WR's, TE's, and RB's---working with them on the fine points: the split second timing, the ball placement, the preferred adjustments if the play starts breaking down.

Sam finally owns this offense, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him advance to the point where he starts providing his own input on the offensive scheme. I still recall Mad Mike Martz talking about how scheme-seasoned QBs Kurt Warner and Trent Green had advanced to the point where they would roll their eyes at some of his play calling suggestions. :ww: In other words, I expect to see Sam the Student achieves near-equality with Schotty the Teacher.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Isn't that the goal every year? :lol: