Bradford can't wait to get started

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

News Bot

01001000 01101001
Name
News Bot
by Doug Vaughn / FootballStL
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.kmov.com/sports/Bradford-cant-wait-to-get-started--222438071.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.kmov.com/sports/Bradford-can ... 38071.html</a>

SamBradford400.jpg

(KMOV) -- Rams quarterback Sam Bradford says he can't wait for Sunday to get here. Bradford will be starting his fourth season as the Rams quarterback when they take on the Arizona Cardinals at the dome.

Bradford will be surrounded by a number of young running backs and receivers, but says he's confident everybody has learned the offense and is ready for the opener.

I’m ready to see these young guys out there," Bradford said. "They’ve put in a lot of time. They’ve done a great job learning the system so far. I think they’ve made tremendous strides from when they first showed up in OTAs till right now. We had a great training camp. It’s going to be really fun to see those guys get out there and light it up on Sunday.”

Bradford is the first to admit he has plenty of room for improvement himself. In 2012 he completed 59.5% of his passes, was intercepted 13 times and lost six fumbles. He says being more efficient is his priority for this season.

"I think that’s something that me and ‘Schotty’ (Offensive Coordinator Brian Schottenheimer) have talked a lot about in the offseason and even going through the preseason," Bradford said. "Last year we really struggled on third down, but a big reason of that is because first and second down weren’t very efficient. There’s times during games where I’ve got to understand down and distance better and get us into better situations – take a check down on first down instead of trying to force something down the field. That way we get ourselves to second-and-6 instead of second-and-10 and try to open things up for us. But, I would say for the most part, efficiency is really the next step where I need to take.”

The Rams offense was rather vanilla during the preseason. They didn't want to show too much and tip off the Cardinals, or any other team, exactly what they have planned for Tavon Austin, Chris Givens, Jared Cook and the other offensive weapons.

Bradford joked today that maybe fans shouldn't expect to see anything new at all. That what we saw in August, is what we'll get in the regular season. “Those are the only plays that we’ve got in the playbook. Tell Arizona that. If you guys could send them that copy, that would be great.”

UnknownREknown

Well-unKnown Member
Glad to finally hear Bradford talking of his confidence in others as far as being prepared instead of himself and how much he's grasped yet another playbook. Shows experience and maturity. On a different note, referring to the last paragraph and all this "vanilla" and "not tipping our hand" talk we've heard, I really hope we don't fall flat on our faces when the games actually matter.