Bracket Spot #8: Knocking one out, or shutting one down

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Cast your vote for coolest game

• 1. Chris Long honoring the World Champs at home.

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • 2. The Rams D doing what no other D ever did.

Votes: 11 84.6%

• Total voters

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
After the St. Louis Cardinals' World Series victory, Chris Long decided to honor their achievement with a celebratory sack mimicking the hitting of a home run and watching it sail over the fence. CL ended up with 3 sacks on the evening en route to a drubbing of the Saints that shocked the NFL last year.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30inwy4zxMc[/youtube]

******** VS ********

[wrapimg=left]http://www.historylink.org/db_images/seahawk3.JPG[/wrapimg]The Seahawks simply could not move the ball. At halftime the Rams had a 21-0 lead and the Seahawks had no first downs, meaning they weren't able to gain 10 yards in any four-play sequence. The crowd of 62,048 was getting restless and surly.

The Seahawks' first play of the second half was a completed pass from Zorn to Steve Largent, the future Pro Football Hall of Fame receiver and Congressman from Oklahoma. The play gained 11 yards -- good for a first down, a meager accomplishment that would be shown repeatedly that week on Coach Jack Patera's television show.

For Seattle, that was as good as it got. The Seahawks never earned another first down. And they never got closer to the goal line than that, eight yards shy of midfield. The Seahawks at one time got their offensive total up to 23 yards, but the Rams kept tackling Zorn for losses while he was trying to pass. For the last quarter of the game, the only suspense was whether the Seahawks could raise their net yardage into the black. They couldn't. When time ran out, mercifully, the Rams had a 24-0 victory and the Seahawks had minus-seven yards.

[mp3]http://ramsondemand.com/songs/five.mp3[/mp3]

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Tough one here but I had to go with the old school spanking of the Seahags.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
That was easy for me. I love Chris Long, but you never see any defense hold a team to negative yards anymore. I have to pick the Seattle drubbing.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I wasn't even alive for it, but 24-0 over the fuckin Seahawks beats out any game.

Last season's Saints game coupled w/ the Cardinals' World Series was a pretty awesome weekend tho!

steferfootball

Starter
I voted Chris Long. It was an amazing day to be a St. Louis fan. We beat a superbowl contender while I was wondering if we'd get a single win on the season.

...don't forget, the saints just came off 70 points. I was expecting it to be ugly...the other way around.

And we nearly broke Drew Bree's TD streak. He got one in garbage time though.

I didn't see the other game, but I don't think we were division rivals at the time.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Total no brainer for me. I absolutely LOVED that game against the Seahawks. They weren't division rivals then but really... who does that? Minus seven yards? One first down? Minus 30 yards passing - wasn't it? Something like .6 yards per carry running the ball? Not allowing the other team to cross mid field? Without a doubt, the greatest defensive game of all time by any team.