Bracket Spot #5 - 2 NFL Records, 1 Winner

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Better moment? Harder to achieve?

• 1. Fred Dryer.

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • 2. LeRoy Irvin.

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
irvinx2.jpg

[textarea]October 11, 1981 -- Atlanta outgained the Rams (349 yards to 252), with 152 of those yards coming on the ground, and also had the edge in first downs (19 to 14). However, the Falcons turned the ball over three times, twice leading to LA field goals in the first quarter and once at the end of the game to finish off their hopes, while the Rams suffered two turnovers. The return game was significant for the Rams, and while Drew Hill averaged 30 yards per return on his five kickoffs, it was LeRoy Irvin who starred, scoring two touchdowns while also setting a league record with 207 yards on his six punt returns.[/textarea]

dryerx2.jpg

[textarea]October 21, 1973 -- Leading just 13-7 going into the fourth quarter against the Green Bay Packers, the Rams scored their final four points on an NFL-record two safeties by defensive end Fred Dryer. He blew past tackle Malcolm Snider twice in a 5-minute span to smother first Hunter and then Del Gaizo in the end zone. "I just got beat," a subdued Snider said after the game. "I'm really embarrassed." Dryer becomes the first player in NFL history to score two safeties in the same game.[/textarea]

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I love Dryer but IRV carved them up that day!

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Had to pick Dryer. It's rare to see one safety during a game, but two by the same guy in the same game? That's just unheard of.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Someone's gonna have to break the tie on this one.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
X said:
Someone's gonna have to break the tie on this one.
I have to go with Freddy - always loved me some FD. And lets face it... ATL's special teams sucked out loud.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Fred for me too. Not a bad actor either! :lol: