Boy ... that's gonna leave a mark.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I didn't get to see this game either (you can pin both losses squarely on me accordingly). My wife has some family health issues that we've been needing to attend to, so I've been traveling a bit on the weekend and couldn't watch. Sounded like a real barn burner given the stats and GDT comments.

My condolences to all the great fans here who had to sit through another fiasco. We all deserve better after the past several years of getting blasted by teams like the one we played today. I understand the frustration, and I can empathize with those who are really letting it get to them. I didn't even see it and I'm depressed.

I hope it's nearly out of your systems though, because this is the only board I can read anymore, and I was barely able to read it today. I felt kinda sickened by the striking similarities I saw between this board and others, and that saddened me more than the outcome of this game. I didn't jump in though, and I didn't try to invalidate anyone's feelings. Because like I said ... I can empathize.

That said, now is the time to be proactive. I encourage people to get involved in the multitude of ways that the Rams have penetrated the social media market. Get on their comments section at the official site anytime a new article shows up and let your feelings be known. Hit the Rams up on Twitter, and visit their facebook page to voice your concerns. Also take advantage of the chats and encourage (strongly encourage) the beat writers to side-step the fluff and ask some tough questions. You all know what you want Fisher and company to answer to. Try to get guys like Wagoner (ESPN), Thomas (STL Today), the FootballStL Staff (Brian Feldman of KMOV) to convey your concerns during pressers or interviews, and call into 101ESPN when Fisher does his 'show'.

It's one thing to vent here and diminish the attractiveness of this board, but it's quite another to take the initiative to have your voices REALLY heard. I do know that Kevin Demoff reads this board (and others), so maybe you'll get the attention of the people that matter. It may not really CHANGE anything, but they really do want to know how the fans feel and what they're thinking. Be constructive, and be vocal. Just don't allow yourselves to be defeated, and don't lose your faith or optimism. That's what separates the members here from most other sites.

It's too early to give up.

So .... don't.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
X said:
I didn't get to see this game either (you can pin both losses squarely on me accordingly). My wife has some family health issues that we've been needing to attend to, so I've been traveling a bit on the weekend and couldn't watch. Sounded like a real barn burner given the stats and GDT comments.

My condolences to all the great fans here who had to sit through another fiasco. We all deserve better after the past several years of getting blasted by teams like the one we played today. I understand the frustration, and I can empathize with those who are really letting it get to them. I didn't even see it and I'm depressed.

I hope it's nearly out of your systems though, because this is the only board I can read anymore, and I was barely able to read it today. I felt kinda sickened by the striking similarities I saw between this board and others, and that saddened me more than the outcome of this game. I didn't jump in though, and I didn't try to invalidate anyone's feelings. Because like I said ... I can empathize.

That said, now is the time to be proactive. I encourage people to get involved in the multitude of ways that the Rams have penetrated the social media market. Get on their comments section at the official site anytime a new article shows up and let your feelings be known. Hit the Rams up on Twitter, and visit their facebook page to voice your concerns. Also take advantage of the chats and encourage (strongly encourage) the beat writers to side-step the fluff and ask some tough questions. You all know what you want Fisher and company to answer to. Try to get guys like Wagoner (ESPN), Thomas (STL Today), the FootballStL Staff (Brian Feldman of KMOV) to convey your concerns during pressers or interviews, and call into 101ESPN when Fisher does his 'show'.

It's one thing to vent here and diminish the attractiveness of this board, but it's quite another to take the initiative to have your voices REALLY heard. I do know that Kevin Demoff reads this board (and others), so maybe you'll get the attention of the people that matter. It may not really CHANGE anything, but they really do want to know how the fans feel and what they're thinking. Be constructive, and be vocal. Just don't allow yourselves to be defeated, and don't lose your faith or optimism. That's what separates the members here from most other sites.

So .... don't.
I didn't post anything overly negative but each fan has a reason to feel sick about watching this team. I mean, fuck I talked us up in the off-season like none other because of the talent we acquired this off-season, I felt like we had the makings on offense to be one of the fastest units and the defense don't even get me started I personally thought they would be top 5 this year, but i thought that might be a little to bias so surely a top 10 defense wouldn't be bad either and we all know where our defense stands atm.. :grr:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Barrison said:
I didn't post anything overly negative but each fan has a reason to feel sick about watching this team. I mean, fuck I talked us up in the off-season like none other because of the talent we acquired this off-season, I felt like we had the makings on offense to be one of the fastest units and the defense don't even get me started I personally thought they would be top 5 this year, but i thought that might be a little to bias so surely a top 10 defense wouldn't be bad either and we all know where our defense stands atm.. :grr:
Yeah, I'm not singling anyone out. I thought I made that clear. I understand why people would be sickened by what transpired today, and I can totally relate. I also talked this team up to anyone who would listen, and I'll continue to do it. I don't give a shit if people scoff at it, and I could care less if people call me a homer or even call me crazy. This is MY team. So they got their asses kicked. Whatever. Everyone gets their ass kicked from time to time. You either get up and swing, or you lay down and become a bitch.

This team is going to get up and swing, and it's going to start Thursday.

The days of running around throwing pies at each other is over. Fisher will chew some ass, and his assistants will be a part of the buffet too. There aren't any players on this team who are immune to getting called out after today, and I hope the depth chart starts to see some changes as a result. Each and every one of them received a lesson in humility. After the dressing down is over, it's back to work and I expect there to be a renewed focus. If they get embarrassed at home against the whiners, then the Organization is going to lose support quickly. There's a lot at stake, and Thursday is a must win. Everyone knows it.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
X said:
Barrison said:
Yeah, I'm not singling anyone out. I thought I made that clear. I understand why people would be sickened by what transpired today, and I can totally relate. I also talked this team up to anyone who would listen, and I'll continue to do it. I don't give a shit if people scoff at it, and I could care less if people call me a homer or even call me crazy. This is MY team. So they got their asses kicked. Whatever. Everyone gets their ass kicked from time to time. You either get up and swing, or you lay down and become a bitch.

The days of running around throwing pies at each other is over. Fisher will chew some ass, and his assistants will be a part of the buffet too. There aren't any players on this team who are immune to getting called out after today, and I hope the depth chart starts to see some changes as a result. Each and every one of them received a lesson in humility. After the dressing down is over, it's back to work and I expect there to be a renewed focus. If they get embarrassed at home against the whiners, then the Organization is going to lose support quickly. There's a lot at stake, and Thursday is a must win. Everyone knows it.
Lol let me know how you feel after you watch the game bro...

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
X said:
Barrison said:

At least we're not 0-3 like the Vikings, Giants (although I will give them a pass today with Coughlin dealing with the loss of his brother this past week) and the redskins. All playoff teams from last year and their playoff hopes for 2013 dashing quickly.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
Gonna be tough to go to work tonight, I wear it on my sleeve so I know what's coming. Worst part is feel a little dumb because I really didn't see this one coming, even though I've been caught off-guard more than a few times.

All that aside, this will be a VERY interesting week for this team, and we all will learn a lot about what these Rams are made of, however young they are. This is going to be the kind of game that you find out who the real leaders are, I hope it's Fisher and Bradford that lead the charge.

If there is just one game that defines the season for the Rams, it's gotta be Thursday's game against the niners. GOTTA WIN THIS ONE!!

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Your right Paul. It was really hard not to be negative today. But probably best served to use these thoughts in a more constructive way. I often wonder, with so many people on this board (and others) all saying the same things- You know, play press, go no huddle, etc., wouldn't you think the coaching staff would have the same thoughts, or at least consider it? Especially after three straight weeks of falling behind. I mean these guys have all been around football for years, if not decades. They can't honestly sit and watch this and think it's JUST youth, right?
Surely they see all of the same things all of us armchair quarterbacks see. Lord, I sure hope so and they do something, anything to improve the product we're getting.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Good post X.

I have a hard time reading posts that use the loss of this game to bash Bradford, who was the least culpable player, IMHO.

I have no idea why the team wasn't able to execute today and why they weren't able to adjust to what the Cowboys were doing on both sides of the ball.

I do know that the ultimate responsibility falls on Fisher. And I'm very interested in seeing how he handles things from here on out.

A55VA6

Legend
Good post X. It's so hard to watch the Rams all these years.. get really high expectations, and have the team come out and play like THIS.

I'm beyond disappointed. Jeff Fisher seems shocked that they are playing this poorly. This team doesn't look like a hard nosed, physical Jeff Fisher team. I just hope Thursday night this team looks like a whole different animal.

V3

Hall of Fame
bwdenverram said:
Your right Paul. It was really hard not to be negative today. But probably best served to use these thoughts in a more constructive way. I often wonder, with so many people on this board (and others) all saying the same things- You know, play press, go no huddle, etc., wouldn't you think the coaching staff would have the same thoughts, or at least consider it? Especially after three straight weeks of falling behind. I mean these guys have all been around football for years, if not decades. They can't honestly sit and watch this and think it's JUST youth, right?
Surely they see all of the same things all of us armchair quarterbacks see. Lord, I sure hope so and they do something, anything to improve the product we're getting.

It's not just people on different Rams forums saying these things. Ex-players and coaches are ALL saying the same thing. None of them have an answer, either. They don't get the lack of adjustments being made by our coaches.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
V3 said:
bwdenverram said:

It's not just people on different Rams forums saying these things. Ex-players and coaches are ALL saying the same thing. None of them have an answer, either. They don't get the lack of adjustments being made by our coaches.

The TV announcers today sure critiqued the schemes. It was hard to listen to :nono: .

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
PowayRamFan said:
Gonna be tough to go to work tonight, I wear it on my sleeve so I know what's coming. Worst part is feel a little dumb because I really didn't see this one coming, even though I've been caught off-guard more than a few times.

All that aside, this will be a VERY interesting week for this team, and we all will learn a lot about what these Rams are made of, however young they are. This is going to be the kind of game that you find out who the real leaders are, I hope it's Fisher and Bradford that lead the charge.

If there is just one game that defines the season for the Rams, it's gotta be Thursday's game against the niners. GOTTA WIN THIS ONE!!

Im with you on that, Ive talked up the Rams so much that the guys at work will probly never listen a word I say about football. I promised last monday that the Rams will not lose as bad as the whiners did last week, maybe this loss is my fault. The worst part is Ive been gettin texts from the cowboy fans all day, the bright side the whiner fans will be quiet.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Yeah I get yuh Paulie. I had to vent and I will follow up with the media outlets you suggested.

Even though there is a huge negative vibe around here right now, it is not endemic to this site and I think it will be back to normal come tomorrow or the next day. But the team simply cannot play like that and not have even the best pro-Ram site on the net have most of its posters rail on them. What we saw today was inexcusable IMO.

I too have talked up this team to everyone who would listen. This showing simply makes me sick.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
X said:

So .... don't.

SO true there are 13 games left....get a W on Thursday and things will get rolling. It doesn't matter how...shootout, defensive battle. Just get a W. Then you get a long break plus Jacksonville after.

BUT.

If an internet fan like me can see this shit, so can the coaches. 3 games in a row now where it's basically the same thing, w/ one game ending in a positive result.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
I was on the verge of asking to be temporarily banned because I was being so negative, and I really don't like being that way about anything in life. I just turned off my phone lol.

It's bad though X. So bad that I almost wouldn't even recommend watching it. It's 20 times worse than the Jets game last year. We were outcoached and outplayed in every aspect of the game, the refs were fucking TERRIBLE, and the worst is the team had no heart. Almost worse than anything in 2010 in terms of play and coaching. You'll be screaming at WTF at the tv almost the entire game.

I recommend going to the gym working off all your steam, get in a positive mood, then watch with one eye open.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
If you've not watched; I'd suggest not watching.

You'll feel a lot better going into Thursday's game without this stain on the brain.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I ain't skurred.

Can't learn anything if I don't study.

fearsomefour

Legend
It is possible this team bought some of the hype too this off season. They are young enough (with rare exceptions) to have no flavor of the years of futility in the recent past.

Who knows?

I remember when Martz was coaching you could tell within two possessions if his game plan was gonna work or not. If it was, then buckle in because they were gonna tear it up....if not, brace yourself because he could not adjust and it was going to be a long day.

This game reminded me of the Jet game last year....listless showing and totally outcoached. I had the Rams at 2-2 after four games this year (wins vs. Az and Atlanta). If the schemes are not working then you throw them out and go to basic stuff on O.

Run the ball and get the QB involved in the game planning (dont know if he is) but, he should have a good idea of what is working and what is not. I would love to see some plays dialed in to Cook involved early. If teams are going to play deep coverage to take away seem routes from Cook and deep routes from Givens the Rams have to run the freaking ball.

The Rams and Whiners were both out physicaled and pushed all over the field today.

Thursday is interesting because it really is a statement game with both teams coming off of back to back bad games and on a short week.

Bad tackling made a return today as well.

V3

Hall of Fame
X said:
I ain't skurred.

Can't learn anything if I don't study.

You should tell that to our coordinators...both sentences.