Bowl Watch....who are you watching?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

manmaderam

The one and only
Ladies and Gents of the ROD! It is bowl watching week lol Finally got some time off work and got some time to watch some future Rams. I know a lot of us are watching the bowl games but just out of curiosity, what games is everyone watching/ prospects they got their eye on.

I'm personally watching the Baylor game liking what I see from QB Bryce Petty, kid has an arm but I'm afraid he's a system QB. But I would definitely spend a 3rd pick on him.

paceram

Pro Bowler
Ladies and Gents of the ROD! It is bowl watching week lol Finally got some time off work and got some time to watch some future Rams. I know a lot of us are watching the bowl games but just out of curiosity, what games is everyone watching/ prospects they got their eye on.

I'm personally watching the Baylor game liking what I see from QB Bryce Petty, kid has an arm but I'm afraid he's a system QB. But I would definitely spend a 3rd pick on him.

After his game today against Michigan State I am not sure he will make it to the 3rd Round! The Rams may want to consider selecting him in the 2nd Round IF he is even available with 2nd Round pick!

manmaderam

The one and only
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
After his game today against Michigan State I am not sure he will make it to the 3rd Round! The Rams may want to consider selecting him in the 2nd Round IF he is even available with 2nd Round pick!

The combine might even shoot him up further in the ranks.

manmaderam

The one and only
I was trying to see if there was any OL depth, but no one stood out to me. Anyone else?

duckhunter

Starter
The Badgers line looked dominating in front of terrible QB. Both OTs should go around the 4th. They will be steals in the 4th and can contribute early. I was pleased with most of the top OLiners over the last few days.

Petty is an early 2nd if his back is ok. Quick decision maker. Very accurate, leads his receiver, and quick delivery. Makes throws into small windows with zip. Throws nice touch passes. Smart QB. Take him in a heartbeat, give him a little time, and he'll be very good. I really love his deep throws. Most of his work is to WRs on NFL routes, not all that many WR screens like a Cincinnatti. He can run and needs work under center and on the move. Just a joy to watch when he gets into a rhythm.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Badgers line looked dominating in front of terrible QB. Both OTs should go around the 4th. They will be steals in the 4th and can contribute early. I was pleased with most of the top OLiners over the last few days.

Petty is an early 2nd if his back is ok. Quick decision maker. Very accurate, leads his receiver, and quick delivery. Makes throws into small windows with zip. Throws nice touch passes. Smart QB. Take him in a heartbeat, give him a little time, and he'll be very good. I really love his deep throws. Most of his work is to WRs on NFL routes, not all that many WR screens like a Cincinnatti. He can run and needs work under center and on the move. Just a joy to watch when he gets into a rhythm.

I feel like Havenstein falls further than that...and he shouldn't. Don't know if he'll stick at RT but if he doesn't, kid will be a hell of an OG.

FRO

Legend
I feel like Havenstein falls further than that...and he shouldn't. Don't know if he'll stick at RT but if he doesn't, kid will be a hell of an OG.
At 6'8" isn't he too tall for OG?

Athos

Legend
Liking Blake Sims late I think. He does have some arm on him.

Russell Wilson type? His arm seems stronger though.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Well gotta say that even though I dislike Bama, it is nice to see a college team that plays great defense. Very impressive first half thus far for them, and if things continue this way we will have a great matchup with them vs Oregon.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Liking Blake Sims late I think. He does have some arm on him.

Russell Wilson type? His arm seems stronger though.

I've always seen Seneca Wallace...not as polished, precise, or mentally special as Russell. But I like him too.

duckhunter

Starter

I love the way he shuffles his feet on the move rather than lumbers . Doesn't lift his feet and strides but more slides. Quick, efficient. He reminds of the really good square dancers or tap dancers with metal taps on their shoes. They could tap out a tune with their feet while most dancers were just trying to stay up with them while they moved around the square. He is very assignment sound. Smooth and quick getting to the next level to take on guys. Situational awareness and ability to adjust is very good. Needs NFL strength and conditioning but any team wanting a guard that can trap, move to the next level will see his value. He's on a mission not out of control like most linemen at the next level.

I also enjoyed watching that FSU center. Kid is very smart and efficient.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I love the way he shuffles his feet on the move rather than lumbers . Doesn't lift his feet and strides but more slides. Quick, efficient. He reminds of the really good square dancers or tap dancers with metal taps on their shoes. They could tap out a tune with their feet while most dancers were just trying to stay up with them while they moved around the square. He is very assignment sound. Smooth and quick getting to the next level to take on guys. Situational awareness and ability to adjust is very good. Needs NFL strength and conditioning but any team wanting a guard that can trap, move to the next level will see his value. He's on a mission not out of control like most linemen at the next level.

I also enjoyed watching that FSU center. Kid is very smart and efficient.

Yep. Erving has really come into his own there. Was not good at LT but looks very comfortable at Center.

duckhunter

Starter
Yep. Erving has really come into his own there. Was not good at LT but looks very comfortable at Center.
Normally, the center gets help from the guard with the NT. Erving had him one on one more than I can ever remember seeing a center with a NT. Just a beast. Heck of a push in the run game and no budge back into the pocket in the passing game. Just outstanding. I'd love to see this guy at C or RG for us.

FRO

Legend
I like the team first attitude of being willing to move to C when he was talked about as a first round LT. LT is a premium position and to give that up for the good of the them speaks volumes.

manmaderam

The one and only

I agree he could be a straight up mauler.