Boudreau discusses Rams' new-look OL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SierraRam

Recreational User
I personally didn't like these linemen...Maybe...naw, not a one...but I have faith in coach boo...he did wonders for C. Williams & Barksdale...hell, Dahl was his prodigy...and seemed to excel. So if he believes this line can get it done, I believe.

I was freaking out over our choices, too (at first), but a pattern started to emerge...

I have a good feel about this OLine...but I'm still waiting to see...AND hoping the injury bug stays away from the OLine.

The Rams have had their share of OLine injuries!

We went for long tenured, tough guys without injury histories. As always, I believe, too (at first)

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
Thanks for the op. Good read.

I asked @CoachO to point out coach Boudreau today. He doesn't look at all what I pictured. He looks more like skinny me than the fireplug I imagined.

I'm actually very positive at this point. I like what I see in our OL. We've got some big dudes.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I am just fine :D with the direction Snead/Fisher have gone in the drafts in bringing in Robinson (1st), Havenstein (2nd), Brown (3rd), Donnal (4th), Jones (4th), Battle (#5), Wichmann (#6th) & Rhaney (#7th). They also have made smart UFA signs in Saffold-Reynolds & Barnes.

Bottom Line here is its going to take a bit of time to get this new bunch (new Look)of youngins to be able to run a smooth operation;). But it sure looks to me they have gotten this large OL battleship moving & turned the right way. For many many years its seemed we were going down XXXXcreek in a untalented dingy without any paddles heading straight for injury rapids.

fearsomefour

Legend
Good piece.
I fully expected Reynolds to start at RG because not wanting to start two rookies side by side on the right side. The fact that it seems Brown has that RG spot down is great news. Reynolds is an average lineman, but, his versatility makes him valuable as a depth guy. Would much rather they found a better starter.
Friday should be interesting.

fearsomefour

Legend
I am just fine :D with the direction Snead/Fisher have gone in the drafts in bringing in Robinson (1st), Havenstein (2nd), Brown (3rd), Donnal (4th), Jones (4th), Battle (#5), Wichmann (#6th) & Rhaney (#7th). They also have made smart UFA signs in Saffold-Reynolds & Barnes.

Bottom Line here is its going to take a bit of time to get this new bunch (new Look)of youngins to be able to run a smooth operation;). But it sure looks to me they have gotten this large OL battleship moving & turned the right way. For many many years its seemed we were going down XXXXcreek in a untalented dingy without any paddles heading straight for injury rapids.
I have been fine with their moves. I was good with signing Long....it was a calculated risk, one they acknowledged. Signing Wells made sense as well. At that time he was one year removed from a Pro Bowl season. He just hit the age wall it appears. Those moves could have worked out beautifully. They gave up on it and changed course at the right time I suppose.
My only hope is that the jelling process doesn't hijack the season with a 1-4 start.

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Rams front office clearly went out of their way to get Boudreau what he needs to develop a o line within the next couple of years. Look at what they did for the defense over the last three, and the offensive side of the ball paid for it. The attention has swung back to the o line trench, and I hope that these draft pick pan. Robinson sure has, and the moving him from guard to tackle was a great move. Sure, some could say that Boudreau hasn't developed the talent that we have had over his tenure, but injuries and free agency haven't been kind.

If the front office drafted well, Boudreau has a big test in front of him, and it is going to last past this season.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
A few months ago, Bonifay and I went around and around about whether or not to resign Barksdale and focus on other positions, or whether to just jump the shark and draft a new RT.

I must now concede that Bonifay was right on both counts regarding Barks. Barks WAS overrated and the proof is that he was finally signed for a song by the Chargers after a very long wait while twisting in the FA wind. And I understand that he's battling for a backup spot, at that.

Meanwhile, the more I hear about Hav, the more I like. Sounds like a 10 year fixture at RT to me. Once gelled, this OL looks young, healthy, and nasty. And should remain together for years and years.

Hats off to BonifayRams!

Any juicy stock tips, Bonifay? Lol.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
" the coach noted that this is the deepest group they’ve had up front"
What does that mean? The numbers are the same so is he saying that many of the O-line players we had last year weren't even good depth? Can somebody translate this for me?
\\Translation:

"Hi, my name is Paul Boudreau and everything is going to be fine and we're better than we've ever been!!

Any questions? "
(y)

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It is worth noting it could be worse for a team than having a rookie right side of the OLine. 39 year old recently with a back injury Manning will have a rookie left side.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I was surprised they did not move Saffold to the right side but I'm sure they have a handle on what the offense will do to bring the rookies along protecting the backside of the O going mostly to the left. They are big tough guys that can plow the way for the running game and I can't wait to see what they do in preseason. I expect to see them get a lot more time in thee preseason games than we normally see of our starters, more reps will only make it better. They have to make a statement the opener at home against the hags