Books you would like to see as movies.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Raptorman

Pro Bowler
Name
David
The title is self-explanatory. What books would you like to see made into movies? These should be books that haven't been "movied" yet.

My first two are from Tom Clancy.

Red Storm Rising. Can't imagine the budget it would cost to do it, but it would make a hell of a movie if done right.

and

Without Remorse. The story of the one character, John Clark, that is in every story involving Jack Ryan.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Kind of obscure, but Firebringer, by David Clement-Davies, a fable with elements of Watership Down and The Lion King, would make a great film.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I’d like to see the Jack Reacher series get a reboot - without Tom Cruise. I generally like Tom’s characters but he was never right for Reacher.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Kind of obscure, but Firebringer, by David Clement-Davies, a fable with elements of Watership Down and The Lion King, would make a great film.

YES. I loved that book! It would be an amazing film, along with The Sight.

My choice would be The Testing. Think Hunger Games, but more analytical and with a protagonist who isn't a stone statue of a character like Katniss.

Raptorman

Pro Bowler
Name
David
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I’d like to see the Jack Reacher series get a reboot - without Tom Cruise. I generally like Tom’s characters but he was never right for Reacher.
Way to short. Reacher in the books is like 6'4".

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
The Dark Tower Series, one of my favorite book series ever.

Yes i know they made a complete and utter shit ass movie not long ago but it was nothing close to the books. Done right it'd be amazing. Either movie trilogy or a TV series would work. Amazon passed on a proposed TV series. Just sad no one is able to to it justice anywhere.

norcalramfan

Starter
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Cryptonomicom by Neal Stephenson. Written in 1999 he jumps back and forth from WWII codebreaking and early computing to modern computing (he discusses Bitcoin type applications and what governments would do in response) and a hunt for stolen gold hidden by the Japanese in the Philippines.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
711ni9yYxyL.jpg

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Remake "Isaac's Storm" by Erik Larsen. There was a TV movie that was part documentary and part dramatization. It was the largest loss of life through a natural disaster in recorded history and changed the history of Texas forever.

Galveston, TX was the biggest port for shipping cotton in the USA. There were more milliionaires per square block than anywhere in the country. It was a city built to last as the primary Port City in Texas and maybe for the whole Gulf Coast, but the 1900 hurricane changed it all. Eight to twelve thousand died in the disaster in what was estimated to be a Cat 4 hurricane, which the city had basically no warning from the fledgling weather service. Experts in Cuba were ignored by the Washington based service because to the Cubans, predicting the path of a hurricane was as much an art as it was a science. They predicted that the storm would become massive after it passed the Florida Keys into the very warm Gulf waters and would go directly west. The National weather service bristled at the Cuban descriptions of hurricanes having an "eye" and otherwise anthropomorphising them. They represented SCIENCE, and hurricanes ALWAYS turned North!

Wrong.

A real horror movied could come from this true story....

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Dark Tower Series, one of my favorite book series ever.

Yes i know they made a complete and utter shit ass movie not long ago but it was nothing close to the books. Done right it'd be amazing. Either movie trilogy or a TV series would work. Amazon passed on a proposed TV series. Just sad no one is able to to it justice anywhere.
Seconded!
“The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.”
The Talisman would also be great
But man, why a Netflix or Prime wouldnt do this as a series

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
I tried those, well the first one, and just couldn't get into it. Maybe a movie would be better. I'd watch it.

For my picks, I'm going to do my broken record impression. The Dresden Files would make a kick ass series on a streaming site if it was done with a big budget like the new Disney+ shows. The other would be The Malazan Book of the Fallen. Great books. Monster Hunter International would be a good action movie franchise but that's a pipe dream (btw, if there's any gun nut libertarians out there who like urban fantasy... I have a suggestion for you).

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Have read a bunch of great books about running, would love to see these made in to movie:
-Once a Runner-
-Sequel to above, Again to Carthage