Bonsignore: NFL Mock Draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AllGasNoBrakes

Air Traffic Controller
If two 1st rounders and a 2nd is all it takes I'm jumping for joy.

Anchorman.gif

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd rather they trade their first this year and both seconds this year. The same value, but I hate the Rams giving up future firsts.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Well, if the L.A. Rams land California's Native Son Jarred Goff this is how I would describe his touchdown passes....."This California Golden Boy certainly has the Midas touch!"

RamsFlash80

Pro Bowler
Rams need to get Wentz or Goff please! Id settle for Lynch but not giving up the farm for him like Goff or Wentz but if he lasted to our pick I wouldnt hate it (y)

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
One note with the Ravens being willing to trade down... LT is by far their biggest need, and a position that is hard to address outside round 1. When I stacked my board for them in the mock draft I knew they had a high percentage chance to get Stanley at 6, who represents very little dropoff after Tunsil. But Stanley won't make it to 15.

IMO if the Rams get the Ravens to deal it's gonna be costly. After Stanley there's a lot of dropoff for the LT position, they are looking at guys like Conklin and Spriggs. Rams will need to compensate for that.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
One note with the Ravens being willing to trade down... LT is by far their biggest need, and a position that is hard to address outside round 1. When I stacked my board for them in the mock draft I knew they had a high percentage chance to get Stanley at 6, who represents very little dropoff after Tunsil. But Stanley won't make it to 15.

IMO if the Rams get the Ravens to deal it's gonna be costly. After Stanley there's a lot of dropoff for the LT position, they are looking at guys like Conklin and Spriggs. Rams will need to compensate for that.

Ya but Ozzie Newsome has never been a draft for need guy. He is the master of picking up supplemental picks and loves having more draft picks in general. Unless a guy unexpectedly falls and to 6 and presents great value I believe he will listen to all reasonable offers even if it is just an additional second rounder. I think people are underestimating the value of a second round pick. Outside of the RGIII trade a second rounder was the price for a move into the top ten.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Outside of the RGIII trade a second rounder was the price for a move into the top ten.

Depends on the situation, how far down the trade is, etc. If a team is targeting a player, misses out, and the next player they crave will likely be available later, they will take less than if a player they really want is available. Depends on how much time there is to negotiate too. Competition for the trade up, etc. In this case, it would normally take a 2nd and either a third or fourth to move up from 15 to 6. They will ask for at least that much, and possibly settle for less - but how likely is it that there are no other offers to move up for Goff?

But yes, Ozzie has a history of wanting lots of picks and counting on being able to find bargains, especially on defense.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
Depends on the situation, how far down the trade is, etc. If a team is targeting a player, misses out, and the next player they crave will likely be available later, they will take less than if a player they really want is available. Depends on how much time there is to negotiate too. Competition for the trade up, etc. In this case, it would normally take a 2nd and either a third or fourth to move up from 15 to 6. They will ask for at least that much, and possibly settle for less - but how likely is it that there are no other offers to move up for Goff?

But yes, Ozzie has a history of wanting lots of picks and counting on being able to find bargains, especially on defense.

You make good points about availability and demand. If Goff is on the board at 6 our only legit competition in front of us is the 49ers and maybe Eagles at 8 and after their massive investment in FA QBs I'm not sure how excited they will be to give up even more assets to get a 3rd QB. The 49ers aren't giving up second rounder to move up one spot and we own the Eagles 2nd rounder, which they wouldn't give up for 2 spots anyway. Teams like the Broncos and Jets pick way behind us and would have to offer even more. If Goff is on the board at 6 the Rams are in the best position to offer valuable picks this year.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You make good points about availability and demand. If Goff is on the board at 6 our only legit competition in front of us is the 49ers and maybe Eagles at 8 and after their massive investment in FA QBs I'm not sure how excited they will be to give up even more assets to get a 3rd QB. The 49ers aren't giving up second rounder to move up one spot and we own the Eagles 2nd rounder, which they wouldn't give up for 2 spots anyway. Teams like the Broncos and Jets pick way behind us and would have to offer even more. If Goff is on the board at 6 the Rams are in the best position to offer valuable picks this year.

Possibly. Of course, they could get a lower pick from the 49ers, move down 1 spot, still get their pick of the players they would have considered at #6 and whichever pick the 49ers traded. So it would be the Rams offer vs the player the Ravens wanted at that spot PLUS some other pick. So the Rams' offer would need to outweigh that. That would depend on who is left and how much Ozzie wants him.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

I see Conlin more as a RT. And I Like Spriggs a lot more than Conklin!
Conklin: RT .......... Spriggs: LT
* 5.0 in the 40 ......... * 4.94 in the 40
* 30.0 in the Vert. ......... * 31.5 in the Vert.
* 103 inch Broad ......... * 115 inch broad
* 4.57 Shuttle ......... * 4.44 Shuttle
* 7.63 Cone ......... * 7.70 Cone
SPARQ Score 103.5 .......... SPARQ Score 115.4
6 ft. 6 in. / 308 ........... 6 ft. 6 in. / 301
At least this is how I size these two up!