Blythe?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Flint

Pro Bowler
Living in Chiefs country I hear more about them than I really care to but listening to a breakdown of the upcoming season the other day, I heard a lot about Humphrey and no mention of Blythe. Is this just preseason talk or is this something of substance? Is it possible Blythe has been overtaken already?

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Pretty sure Blythe signed there for nearly the vet minimum to be a backup. Not even guaranteed a roster spot there.

oldnotdead

Legend
Maybe someone on the coaching staff who knows what they are looking at watched Blythe's film the last two years. That's all it would take. Obviously they took PFF's grade as real. He will get Mahomes hurt if he plays. He's not even backup quality IMO. No feet, no sand, no technique and no field vision. An average UDFA center is better than Austin. I will LMAO at them if he makes the roster.

Blythe is the poster boy for how little PFF knows and proof they have no business evaluating players. Believe the coaches when they roll their eyes at PFF.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Andy Reid's no fool when it comes to OL. Doubt Blythe starts for them and if he does they have probs.

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
Yes, Humphrey is the favorite to beat out Blythe as the starting OC. However, Blythe is a versatile player. That's something the Chiefs place a high value on. With Kyle Long already hurt I'd say Blythe will make the team as the #2 OC and #3-#4 OG.

Blythe grew up a Chiefs fan, small town Iowa kid. I believe that played a big roll on his decision to sign with the Chiefs. KC feels like home to him.

(I've often wondered if CA taxes play a roll in the players' decisions as well.)

Posted this Tweet to verify. What's sad is this #2 OL was better than our Super Bowl OL.
20210729_015524.jpg

Last edited:

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He is what we thought he is…a back up at best~ Dennis Green

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
Pretty sure Blythe signed there for nearly the vet minimum to be a backup. Not even guaranteed a roster spot there.
This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
But to hear some of the media types talk, you would think we had lost a pro bowler.
"Rams huge loss on oline. Online won't be very good because of it"
I have heard that BS more than once.
People don't understand that we didn't lose Blyth, We didn't want Blyth.