Blue and yellow uniforms in 2020 . Not necessarily

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
usatsi_9807755.jpg

Kevin Demoff shares update on Rams' uniform redesign for 2020
5.7kSHARES
By: Cameron DaSilva | April 25, 2019 2:38 pm ET
While everyone’s attention is on the draft, and understandably so, Los Angeles Rams COO Kevin Demoff provided an update on another interesting topic Wednesday night: the uniform redesign. At the “State of the Rams” event, Demoff was asked about the progress the team has made on that front.

He said they just completed their second focus group and have been paying attention to everything, from fans’ opinions to the Jets’ recent redesign.

“We just held our second focus group for uniforms. We have a couple more coming up with season ticket holders and fans. We’re in the middle of the process with Nike and working through that, so it’s been a great process,” Demoff said. “I think our goal, we’ve always said, ‘historical uniforms, modern take’ and bringing the new L.A. Rams to life when we take the field in Inglewood. Everybody is passionate about the subject. I read everything online about the Jets and people’s comments about those uniforms. I can assure you right now, there will not be a black uniform. You don’t have to worry.”

As usual, Demoff was relatively tight-lipped and didn’t give anything away. He didn’t tip his hand on what colors the Rams will use as their primary ones moving forward, or what the jersey will look like. Perhaps it’s still too early in the process for it to even be possible to reveal those details.

However, he did give a tiny hint that perhaps the Rams will be looking to start fresh in 2020 rather than keeping the current color scheme of blue and yellow for the primary uniforms. He said the team wants to “honor the past,” but also wants to make sure fans know this is the start of a new era for the 2020 Rams.

“It has been a great process and I think the one thing we look at is we’ve had the ability for the four years we’ve been back to listen to fans, to see the emotions around the uniforms. The Super Bowl will always hold great memories to me the first time the Rams could wear blue and yellow in Atlanta was a change really thanks to all the fans and petitioning the commissioner and having him hear the difference that made to our fans,” Demoff continued. “But I think the goal of the uniforms is to make people feel proud of the Rams, proud of the colors, but really emphasize that this is the 2020 Rams moving forward and the next chapter while making sure that we honor the past.”

Only time will tell whether the Rams will go back to blue and yellow, keep the blue and white or go to something completely different when they move into their new digs in Inglewood. Until then, speculation and anticipation will continue to spread among fans on the internet.

Last edited by a moderator:

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
I can live with a new design, but the classic Canary yellow and ocean blue have to be the primary colors. And for Pete's sake, get rid of that God aweful gold. No place for it. Not in the piping, not as trim. NOT ANYWHERE!

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Very relieved there will be no black in the colors. But don't look at the Jets new uglies either. Either way he's bracing us for not going exactly with the 1973-1999 ones many of us love, but as long as they're in the throwbacks I guess. Can't just totally faze them out.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
How NOT to do a uniform redesign: NY Jets and Tampa Bay Bucs... How can you like these two changes? I mean you either have leadership with zero feel for what fans want, or you're good. I just pray we're good with the current leadership.

Bucs go from what I think was one of the best unis in the league....
20160203_102640_SB-XXXVII-44.jpg

To THIS????

I feel like I am on crazy pills lol.

Now it's not like the Jets had a really great uni or anything but this is at least a clean & classic look...
New-York-Jets-at-Indianap-001.jpg

And yet someone actually thought THESE are better?
D3WO87HWAAENi77.jpg

I am effing terrified of what we're gonna get dudes. Terrified.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Oh and the slogan "Take Flight..." :rolllaugh::ROFLMAO::rolllaugh::ROFLMAO::rolllaugh:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
How NOT to do a uniform redesign: NY Jets and Tampa Bay Bucs... How can you like these two changes? I mean you either have leadership with zero feel for what fans want, or you're good. I just pray we're good with the current leadership.

Bucs go from what I think was one of the best unis in the league....
20160203_102640_SB-XXXVII-44.jpg

To THIS????

I feel like I am on crazy pills lol.

Now it's not like the Jets had a really great uni or anything but this is at least a clean & classic look...
New-York-Jets-at-Indianap-001.jpg

And yet someone actually thought THESE are better?
D3WO87HWAAENi77.jpg

I am effing terrified of what we're gonna get dudes. Terrified.

I agree that both of these are blah.

Tampa... my goodness... horrible. Sort of like the Jaguars mess.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I agree that both of these are blah.

Tampa... my goodness... horrible. Sort of like the Jaguars mess.

The more I think about this, the NFL uniform situation is kind of sloppy. I mean... Tampa, Jags... those blow.

But the Rams are stuck in uniform purgatory for another year.

Ever changing throwbacks, for all teams.

I guess it’s sort of fresh, but it’s also pretty messy to know what is official or not. Not a lot of consistency out there. Etc.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
I hope they don't blow this. Just fix what you broke! Blue and yellow primaries with the road white jersey. White and blue for throwbacks. You wanna get creative? Create a third alternate jersey. Done.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
My fear is they keep some of that horrible gold, use it for trim or piping. Freaking gold clashes with the yellow and blue.

I bet they use it, just to satisfy the 7 Ram fans left in St. Louis.

Ants

Starter
My fear is they keep some of that horrible gold, use it for trim or piping. Freaking gold clashes with the yellow and blue.

I bet they use it, just to satisfy the 7 Ram fans left in St. Louis.

I like the gold. :hiding:

So sue me!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I like the gold. :hiding:

So sue me!

Yeah me too, think metallic gold would look nice as primary color on numbers/horns or even just as a tastefully done trim. Not the baby $#!T brown, but metallic gold on the navy blue helmets & jerseys. Simplistic design with clean look is what I prefer but I am prepared to adjust to whatever they go with... Within reason lol.

But I just don't trust Nike. IMO teams need to keep those idiots in check and some of them don't. Waiting for Nike to release our new look with these pants:

5yrr0mT.jpg